Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2014, 12:28 AM   #1

Cornerstone in Stillwater, Ok

Who was In Stillwater with a beautiful Cayenne Cornerstone with Florida plates on coach and Texas on towed? Sweet ride!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2014, 10:52 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Careful, Gene...it'll give you the itch
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #3

Too late!
Old 12-20-2014, 07:00 PM   #4

Hahah I know that itch

Robert & Jana Stanton... Birthing a 20..something CornerStone 44B
Old 12-20-2014, 08:44 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Too late!
I had a suspicion!!!!

Sometimes an itch can feel real good
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:58 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
I had a suspicion!!!!

Sometimes an itch can feel real good
Calamine lotion will not help that itch.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:20 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRDefector View Post
Hahah I know that itch

Question .. I'm just being nosey ...if you have a 2015 Anthem 44B, why do you want to go to a Cornerstone 44B? What is it that you didn't get with the Anthem that you really wanted?
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:32 AM   #8

Not certain you were referring to me directly DebbieMH ,but I'll answer anyway. We don't currently have or have ever owned any RV. It will be our first and last. Anthem 44b was always our first choice. B is the Entegra Floorplan that works best for us..
Cornerstone entered the picture when I was not paying attention and my lovely wife went off on her own.. That's all it took. Her reasons are all interior. Nicer furniture quality , glass squared shower overall upgrade in luxury feeling. Tbt.. There is very little difference imo between Cornerstone/Anthem as far as interior goes.. Yes nicer appointments but pretty minimal imo the big difference and $$$$$ difference is chassis and exterior.
K3 chassis is superior
600 hp vs. 450 makes difference in mountain pulling and towing. Personally I'm fine with taking uphill grades at a slower speed but really like the 3 stage jake brake for the decent.
Im building a 14k # approx? Tiny House that I intend to tow at some point when we go north to the yukon. Cornerstone is a better fit to tow that kind of weight. But that plan is another story for another time😊
Hadley Air is another reason. I just like it.
Same for power bays.. My back isn't what it used to be.

At the end of the day.. Furniture and power bays can be modded in the anthem at significantly less cost than the 100k price difference but beefier chassis, more hp, and superior ride cannot be retrofitted.
Our target order date is near March after the 2016 changes.. If any are announced or perhaps earlier if I get the info sooner. My salesman knows that's a big part of our deal and will come thru if he is able to. Entegra is real tight lipped this go around but I do know many changes are in the works.. Probably not major floorplan options but definitely improvements to questionable components.

Im fortunate to be able to afford either one of the two. Newmar was a big contender for a while in the beginning and still might be after i tour LondonAire at Tampa.. Although no Newmar interior has ever felt good to us.. Just not our cup of tea. I expect LA to be the same.. To dark and not a fan of the stainless dishwasher front. Will see as when we attend Tampa we will be looking closer at the competition. Spartan and Entegra has been throughly studied and is still the winner for us
Sorry for the book and possibly wrong area to post... Weather it's Anthem or Cornerstone will depend on santa.. (DW is Santa) but I do know whichever it is it will be painted Lapis. its a beautiful paint scheme and Absolutly stunning in different light .
Dw has had a rough go of things the last 10 years.. Medical and loss of family as have I . Our Life long Dream is coming true. And she deserves it more than I can say. "your call darling... I got the checkbook👍

Old 12-21-2014, 08:40 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRDefector View Post
Not certain you were referring to me directly DebbieMH ,but I'll answer anyway. We don't currently have or have ever owned any RV. It will be our first and last. Anthem 44b was always our first choice. B is the Entegra Floorplan that works best for us..
Cornerstone entered the picture when I was not paying attention and my lovely wife went off on her own.. That's all it took. Her reasons are all interior. Nicer furniture quality , glass squared shower overall upgrade in luxury feeling. Tbt.. There is very little difference imo between Cornerstone/Anthem as far as interior goes.. Yes nicer appointments but pretty minimal imo the big difference and $$$$$ difference is chassis and exterior.
K3 chassis is superior
600 hp vs. 450 makes difference in mountain pulling and towing. Personally I'm fine with taking uphill grades at a slower speed but really like the 3 stage jake brake for the decent.
Im building a 14k # approx? Tiny House that I intend to tow at some point when we go north to the yukon. Cornerstone is a better fit to tow that kind of weight. But that plan is another story for another time��
Hadley Air is another reason. I just like it.
Same for power bays.. My back isn't what it used to be.

At the end of the day.. Furniture and power bays can be modded in the anthem at significantly less cost than the 100k price difference but beefier chassis, more hp, and superior ride cannot be retrofitted.
Our target order date is near March after the 2016 changes.. If any are announced or perhaps earlier if I get the info sooner. My salesman knows that's a big part of our deal and will come thru if he is able to. Entegra is real tight lipped this go around but I do know many changes are in the works.. Probably not major floorplan options but definitely improvements to questionable components.

Im fortunate to be able to afford either one of the two. Newmar was a big contender for a while in the beginning and still might be after i tour LondonAire at Tampa.. Although no Newmar interior has ever felt good to us.. Just not our cup of tea. I expect LA to be the same.. To dark and not a fan of the stainless dishwasher front. Will see as when we attend Tampa we will be looking closer at the competition. Spartan and Entegra has been throughly studied and is still the winner for us
Sorry for the book and possibly wrong area to post... Weather it's Anthem or Cornerstone will depend on santa.. (DW is Santa) but I do know whichever it is it will be painted Lapis. its a beautiful paint scheme and Absolutly stunning in different light .
Dw has had a rough go of things the last 10 years.. Medical and loss of family as have I . Our Life long Dream is coming true. And she deserves it more than I can say. "your call darling... I got the checkbook��

Ok, thanks ... makes sense, I thought from your signature that you had a 2015 Anthem and that you were wanting to trade already for a Cornerstone. I understand the increase in HP and all the other nice chassis features of a Cornerstone. At this point, I'm looking forward to a 450 hp engine instead of a 300 hp (Excursion) ... so, I think that will be a big change for us. Thanks for your thoughts. Lynn
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water