Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Cornerstone Overhead TV for Nav

Well, I'm stumped. In our 2013 Anthem, both Dave and I liked having the navigation displayed on the overhead TV as we rolled down the road. All I had to do was unplug the black box plug in 'thingie' and voila, there it was. So when I went to set up our new ride . . . things are different. So, has anyone with one of these configurations (see pic) been able to crack the code?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	72080  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2014, 05:45 PM   #2

On my 2015 Cornerstone 45K I unplugged the white molex plug from the smaller square black box. What is the larger rectangular black box? I have nothing like that in my coach. Did you add that?
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:08 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Check fuse #1 in the outside D/S compartment. If it says TV, removing the fuse should bypasses the TV lockout.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:08 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
The cube on the left is the interlock for preventing the TV on while moving. most people just remove the cord from it then lay the box aside and plug the TV straight into the wall socket. The thingie on the right, I have no idea. chuck's method will probably do the same thing.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:31 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Actually, got a call from RVOne (Terri, our sales person) who said their is a house mode under auxiliary in the new systems that allow you to switch to it and the TV will automatically show what's on the GPS/Radio screen. Not sure if that is unique to the Cornerstone for 2015 or 2014 and later in all coaches. Not sure if the TV needs to be in "AV", but assume so. Haven't tried it yet...but that's a good salesperson.

And they do read the forum
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:10 PM   #6

Terri and Robin are the best!
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:07 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Direct TV thingie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
On my 2015 Cornerstone 45K I unplugged the white molex plug from the smaller square black box. What is the larger rectangular black box? I have nothing like that in my coach. Did you add that?
Yes, Dave wanted to change from Dish to DirectTV. That's their device.
Our RVOne sales rep called and gave us a tip to try. If that doesn't work, I'll disconnect the molex plug and try that. I won't know until Saturday, that's when we hit the road to Yellowstone.
Thanks.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:09 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Tried that

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
The cube on the left is the interlock for preventing the TV on while moving. most people just remove the cord from it then lay the box aside and plug the TV straight into the wall socket. The thingie on the right, I have no idea. chuck's method will probably do the same thing.
Dave, I tried unplugging the black box, no luck. That's what worked in our Anthem.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:12 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Oh well, you guys are techno. Have Dave try Chuck's method removing that fuse. If that doesn't work get Dave to hand you one of those wall voltage testers and try each one of those plugs when he puts the RV in drive. If that doesn't work Ask the dogs what to try!
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Actually, got a call from RVOne (Terri, our sales person) who said their is a house mode under auxiliary in the new systems that allow you to switch to it and the TV will automatically show what's on the GPS/Radio screen. Not sure if that is unique to the Cornerstone for 2015 or 2014 and later in all coaches. Not sure if the TV needs to be in "AV", but assume so. Haven't tried it yet...but that's a good salesperson.

And they do read the forum
That's what I was going to recommend as that's how mine works. It works this way on the 2014 and newer models. Using the house mode, you can also listen to music on your main entertainment speakers.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
You were right

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
I unplugged the white fuse and voila, it worked. Now I have a new problem-the yellow connector for the AUX has come dislodged and I can't see where to reconnect it. The wires are very tightly bundled (as the should be). And I broke the drawer trying to get my hands back up in there. oh well, we will be at the factory in Oct. I'll ask them to help fix my boo boo. But, the bottom line is, your solution worked. I can see the TV when we are in gear, I just can't see the Nav from the Excit system.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Are you sure you broke the drawer or did the rail simply pop out of its track?

My drawer in the front console had popped out dozens of times -- I just pop it back in by pressing firmly down on the back of the drawer.

Curt

Sent from my iPhone
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote