Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2014, 05:31 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Talking Cornerstone vs Anthem

I like both coaches and see there is a difference of about 150k. The differences I am seeing are

1. CS is 1.5 feet longer than Anthem
2. CS is on a K3 Chassis vs an MMGT - What is the difference between the two besides the 600hp and the 450hp? Does the K3 ride better than the MMGT? Is 600hp overkill in anyones opinion?
3. CS has two sinks and a larger cabinet in the rear bathroom which is nice
4. CS shower seems to be larger and all tiled.

Can anyone chime in on anything else I might be missing? I'm leaning towards the cornerstone.. but yet then the Anthem seems nice also? So I'm looking for others that have seen them or driven them to give me a heads up. I'm still trying to find a dealer where I can do a test ride.. It seems they sell as fast as they come in to stock and finding a dealer that can arrange a good test run hasn't been easy. I'm in Wellington, FL in Palm Beach.

Thanks all
garyhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I was looking at the differences between the Anthem and the Aspire awhile back and this is on the Entegra website ... sums all three up nicely.

Compare Entegra Coach Models
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:46 PM   #3

Both coaches and including the Aspire have a max length of 45' per gov't regs.

Cornerstone K# chassis is larger, stronger and more robust than the MM chassis. 600hp, can you ever have enough HP. ;o) Is there such a thing as too much HP ;o)
CS has air leveling, Anthem does not. CS has huge wheels and tires, more stability and will air level when driving.

20k hitch, more towing and more CC capacity, larger transmission, ABS on all wheels; its overall more rig, hence the higher cost.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:47 PM   #4

I think you hit all of the major differences. Probably some minor less significant stuff like leather vs ultraleather etc. But these are trivial. The Anthem pictures that I have seen do have two sinks in the bathroom. These coaches are very close in my opinion. You have to really want the K3, ISX and Allison 4000 to justify the cost difference.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:54 PM   #5

Forgot the 3 stage jake vs 2 stage and the all wheel disk brakes.

You will love the CS and the Anthem, both are great rigs.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:54 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Air ride and leveling have not been mentioned. I believe that my ride is truly softer/nicer on the heavier chassis with air ride. They both have tiled showers, but with CS, you get a residential shower...more room. Appointments on the interior are a little nicer. Can't go wrong with either coach, but if you think you're going to want the CS then do it now...don't buy Anthem and then upgrade. Too much depreciation.

I recently upgraded and I'm very happy with the choice. I think the dollar difference is more like $110-120k.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I was looking at the differences between the Anthem and the Aspire awhile back and this is on the Entegra website ... sums all three up nicely.

Compare Entegra Coach Models
That's a good link. All there in black and white.....
Old 10-26-2014, 06:08 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
thanks.. yea.. you are right to buy the anthem and upgrade to the CS would be a waste due to the depressiation... I am heavily leaning towards the CS.. its a lot of coach for the $$. Problem I am having is arranging a significant test run.. they go off the lot so quickly and dealers I talk to don't seem to have one to test run.. I don't just want to take a 15 minute ride.. I figure I'm spending this much I should have the right to drive the thing in a few conditions such as highway and small roads and a few rough ones.. My current Phaeton I do love, but it's not a smooth riding coach.. I feel every bump and wind gust and no matter what I put for tire pressure it doesn't change much.. One other concern I have is I live in palm beach and there are no dealers in my area.. there's only LD in tampa and RVone in orlando and tampa.. all are 3-5 hours.. anhow thanks for the info..
Old 10-26-2014, 06:11 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I wish there was a solution to the test ride, but the reality is the only place where there might be a Cornerstone available for test drive is most likely the Tampa Supershow. They don't stay on the lot very long because they are pre-sold before they ever arrive. I have heard that MHSRV has one occasionally (Alvarado Tx). Good luck.

All I can tell you is that we had an 2013 Anthem...great ride...moved up to 2015 CS 8 weeks ago. Better ride.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:17 PM   #10

I think MHSRV in Alverado, Tx currently has 2 Cornerstones on the lot and they do arrange test drives, no problem. Call for Cowboy and he will arrange it for you.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:21 PM   #11

Fly up to MI we have a couple in stock some other things not mentioned is the IPad and the electronics in the CS are nicer. One major advantage we have is being close to both Spartan and Entegra so we can solve issues much faster than many other dealers. We keep several in stock at all times so you can drive them side by side if you want.
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:22 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I'm beginning to get excited.. the same way i did when I got my phaeton.. I remember the sales person telling me.. you'll be getting rid of it and upgrading within a few years.. I laughed.. well as for the test ride I guess Thats my next step to work out.. I wonder if I visit the factory if they have ones for test rides.. Thnks for your help and info.. G
Old 10-26-2014, 06:33 PM   #13

The factory does not do test drives because every unit produced is ordered and sold to a dealer before it is built. However, they do put on a great factory tour and you can walk through a lot of coaches, see the colors and the interior layouts and get questions answered by the experts who build them. I highly recommend the visit and tour, you will be glad you did.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:33 PM   #14

And if you do visit the factory we are just a couple hours north of them. We keep between 6 and 10 Entegra's in stock
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote