Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
"Summay, if you are getting 35% or better off msrp on a new one"

Dusty, I want you to negotiate my next deal!!

2017 Cornerstone(All Sold)
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I test drove the Entegra's, and as much as I like them, I just felt really cramped in the drivers seat. I am 6‘1” and I am just curious if anyone else feels the same. I took the ride with Tad from Entegra, and he told me very few people shared my concern, but if I'm spending this kind of moolah, I want to be comfortable when I am on the road. Other than that, I think they have their heads on straight, and they are building a real fine contender.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Doesn't really matter what we think since you are the one that needs to feel comfortable. With that said, I would probably agree with Tad. I am 6'2" and I have to move the seat up a lot to drive plus the peddles move.
2017 Cornerstone(All Sold)
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
All have hit the mark on the why's...and yes, I'll probably want to upgrade to a 14 or 15 in a couple years, but you have to buy before you retire, unless you were able to bank a lot more as a military retiree than I was (one to many kids through law school)...so like Gene, i'm on both my first and most likely last. Probably wouldn't qualify another time around as a retiree (that I became last Friday).

And yes, the Cornerstone would have been a great choice, but just a step out of affordability for us. But no question in our minds, Entegras for the money in the price point was the selection for us...picking up a week from today

DSL417,

I definitely plan on purchasing before I retire, I guess fortunately for the wife and I, she retired from the military in March of this year (Chief Warrant Officer Four [CW4] with almost 26 years of service). She's now a DoD civilian (GS-12 and she got 80% disability plus over 60% of her base pay) so she makes about $2200.00 more a month then she did when she was active. I'm also a CW4, currently with 23 years of service and I plan on doing another four years so our income is very good and I do plan on working when I get out so that's a plus. Though our finances are strong, I still don't want to just spend money for the sake of spending and I know she won't let me (it's good to have someone to keep you grounded). Just looking at some of the prices I've been seeing, it seems the idea time of the year to make a purchase is between November and December. Is this truly the case or is it that only certain dealership do year end closeouts? There are definitely a lot of things to consider and I know there maybe things that I my overlook, but for the most part I want to be as knowledgeable as I can be about both coaches and their pros and cons.

You guys are a vast resource of knowledge and experience, I greatly appreciate your comments and advice.

Still Research The Anthem 44 DLQ and The Cornerstone 45K
tdwayne69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
RV Purchase

Background: 2007 45' Travel Supreme similar to the Entegra 44SL. Over 95K miles--Canada, Alaska, Maritimes. Also over a hundred tailgates at football and baseball games. Have toured Winnebago, Tiffin, Newmar and Entegra. In other words I have been around the block a few times.

Suggestions: Why do you want a MH and how do you plan to use it? Some people like a big bathroom in the back but we don't spend that much time in the BR. We prefer our space up front for entertaining. So it really depends on how you want to use the coach.

Recommendations: Go to a respected Entegra Dealer for advice. I was fortunate to deal with Donnie Bannon at MHSV in Alvarado, TX. He has years of experince in dealing with upgrades, changes, etc. (He will probably be upet with me for bringing up his name.) I am sure there are many more dealers who can provide the same service. Just be aware of the saleman walking the lot with a price sheet in hi hand.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
Unfortunately, Entegras don't hold their value as well as many of their competitors. For example, if you would check Nada for the Anthem and the Allegro Bus, you will find that the Bus holds it's value better. I think it is because Entegras lack history. Hopefully as time goes on that will change.

I don't think I would put much faith in the NADA numbers. As others have said, the Entegra includes items that Tiffin has as options. If you think used Entegras lose their value, just try to find one. Every Entegra that has been traded in at either Orlando RV, Buffalo RV, or Albany RV seems to have a deposit on it before it hits the yard. That is pretty impressive that people want the Entegras enough to buy one site unseen. Also Tiffin has a multitude of problems right now that does not bode well for resale. I personally would not touch a used Tiffin with all of their roof, wet bay, side wall, slide, and other issues. Yes, I know, Bob will take care of you....if you want to truck off to Alabama and spend weeks and even months there. I haven't seen anything yet that would top what Entegra has to offer.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #35

X2 what taxman said. My trade in was sold in June before they got it on the lot in December.
Ann n Gene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrzryd
Tony - the only reason we didn't order the Cornerstone was price. We just couldn't justify paying over $100k more.
Just an observation, but this 100K difference doesn't appear to be the reality in the real world. From the various posts reality suggests that cash buyers are getting as much as 35% off the phoney baloney MSRP. This would put a 400K Cornerstone at $260K and a 310K Anthem at $200K (give or take). The actual difference is somewhere around 60k and...... just chassis & drivetrain alone (Spartan K3. 600hp Cummins, Allison 4000) the Cornerstone is a considerable upgrade ....not to mention upgrades in the "house".

If the "deal" was right...... it looks to me that it wouldn't be all that hard to justify the Cornerstone! Besides having 600hp to pull your #15,000 (32x12) double stacker trailer full of toys would be a much better long term decision.
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #37

Anthem v cornerstone

Jack, the cornerstone msrp is around $580,000 not 400,000 and the Anthem msrp is around $445,000.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop
Jack, the cornerstone msrp is around $580,000 not 400,000 and the Anthem msrp is around $445,000.
Ouch....my bad....clearly I am not in the market for a 45' luxury coach.....so I think you'd probably need the extra pulling power of the Cornerstone's 600hp for...say a....big toy box trailer....to justify the added $$$$$.

Both sound like pretty nice rigs and well beyond anything in my future....must be fun having to decide between fabulous and outstanding!
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post
Ouch....my bad....clearly I am not in the market for a 45' luxury coach.....so I think you'd probably need the extra pulling power of the Cornerstone's 600hp for...say a....big toy box trailer....to justify the added $$$$$.

Both sound like pretty nice rigs and well beyond anything in my future....must be fun having to decide between fabulous and outstanding!
As much as I like Entegras reality of it is I will be having to settle for a used coach. Kinda like window shopping at the high end shops (Entegras) and then going to walmart to buy what I can really afford.

DC
Old 12-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #40

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack1234 View Post

Just an observation, but this 100K difference doesn't appear to be the reality in the real world. From the various posts reality suggests that cash buyers are getting as much as 35% off the phoney baloney MSRP. This would put a 400K Cornerstone at $260K and a 310K Anthem at $200K (give or take). The actual difference is somewhere around 60k and...... just chassis & drivetrain alone (Spartan K3. 600hp Cummins, Allison 4000) the Cornerstone is a considerable upgrade ....not to mention upgrades in the "house".

If the "deal" was right...... it looks to me that it wouldn't be all that hard to justify the Cornerstone! Besides having 600hp to pull your #15,000 (32x12) double stacker trailer full of toys would be a much better long term decision.
Dang, I'm going to get you to do my dealing from now on. I would have gladly paid $20K more to get a Cornerstone over my 2012 Aspire. ;-)
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #41

Tony, I say forget the 20 yr. amortization. Have the "Boss" run the numbers and you'll see how far upside down you'll be, starting in the early years. That is...unless you put about 35-40 percent down. I feel if you can't afford the payments with an approx. 12 yr loan, you can't afford the bus. Remember, this is a depreciating asset. And don't buy until you're close to getting maximum utilization of the coach. Sitting in the driveway will only cost you unnecessary expense. While the Cornerstone is an awesome coach, the sweet spot really is the Anthem.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #42

That is not accurate. My 13 Aspire has IFS...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake62 View Post
On Cruzer's website he compares the three different models. Both the Anthem & Cornerstone have IFS and the Aspire does not.