Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #57

Hello DSL417,

No doubt the wife and I love the Anthem, but we are going to keep the Cornerstone option open it just depends on what options and deals they going on when we purchase.

Have the issues you mention on your thread after delivery been addressed yet?

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Then I'd revert back to the earlier posts. Cornerstone is a nice coach and the added horsepower may be real nice if you think you need it. After three weeks in the Anthem, it has most of what you get in the Cornerstone, and it is real nice.

Still Research The Anthem 44 DLQ and The Cornerstone 45K
tdwayne69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #58

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdwayne69 View Post
Hello DSL417,

No doubt the wife and I love the Anthem, but we are going to keep the Cornerstone option open it just depends on what options and deals they going on when we purchase.

Have the issues you mention on your thread after delivery been addressed yet?

Tony
Yes...took the list in and the work plus a few other things done on Friday. The camera cable was the issue that was the toughest...took three hours to get it fixed, not much room in the wiring harness up front to thread a new cable.

Primary thing left is the paint issue and second set of keys. RVone ordered the keys. Think I'll have to work the paint issue with Entegra, as my schedule had me leaving central Florida today.

I am happy with where I'm at at this point. Had a lower hatch door not open today. Have to dig stuff out from the other side...my guess is the wire came loose from the latch.

Still trying to learn my way around the all electric coach and the art of dry camping, as i ran my batteries low at the RV Show...too much to learn and too short a time, but I'm finding most answers in the manuals.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #59

Dave,

Before leaving the coach just press "AutoGen" and then the "Enter" button. That will solve the dead battery problem; and keep the coach at whatever temperature you've selected.

Good Luck
Old 01-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #60

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RISCKY View Post
Dave,

Before leaving the coach just press "AutoGen" and then the "Enter" button. That will solve the dead battery problem; and keep the coach at whatever temperature you've selected.

Good Luck
my concern is it seemed lke the generator was running a lot while we wee dry camping inthe AUTO mode. Guess not as we just allowed the charge to get too low...reread the invwerter manual last night...still a lot to learn.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #61

Entegra Owners Club
RE: Door latch not opening
I have had this on one door several times. The lock post that extends horizontally out of the door into the door frame did not retract when I unlocked the bay doors. You can see it in the gap between the frame and door. I used a small screwdriver and pressed on the side of the pin pushing it into the door. After it cleared the frame it went the rest of the way on its own since unlocking releases the pressure. Last time I hit the pin with a good shot of silicone spray. This may be the problem rather than the door handle itself.
mfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #62

Dave,

Our gen will kick on a couple times a day. It really depends on who is in the coach, and what exactly they are doing in the coach. With two kids ages 8/10 seems like a tv, radio or something is always being used. Turning the light master switch "on" seems very easy but for some strange reason turning the light master "off" seems oh so hard.

What makes me so mad isn't that they leave them on but more that they have now made me sound like my father by constantly saying... turn off the damn lights!!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #63

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrazier View Post
RE: Door latch not opening
I have had this on one door several times. The lock post that extends horizontally out of the door into the door frame did not retract when I unlocked the bay doors. You can see it in the gap between the frame and door. I used a small screwdriver and pressed on the side of the pin pushing it into the door. After it cleared the frame it went the rest of the way on its own since unlocking releases the pressure. Last time I hit the pin with a good shot of silicone spray. This may be the problem rather than the door handle itself.
Not the locking mechanism as I can hear it releasing. Have a sneaking suspicion that the wire running from the latch mechanism, which is held by a screw's pressure, is simply loose. Have to pull all the bay stuff out to get my fat a-- in there and check it out tomorrow

WRT power and batteries, think it is just a learning process.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #64

Entegra Owners Club
Dave
On the bay door lock, I could hear them releasing also-fairly loud thump. But discovered the one door where the pin did not actually retract sometime. It would be worth a moment to look at the pin while someone works the key fob locking and unlocking to be sure the pin really moves all the way.
mfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #65

Entegra Owners Club
Well, dug my way through my crap and over the top of the freezer, to find that what you'all suggested was exactly the issue. Just didn't feel comfortable sticking a screwdriver through the opening with the door closed to try that approach. In any event, fixed about the third thing on my own.

On a different thread they talk to service from the dealer, but I don't know how many posts I've read, including the first, RV-Escapees Blob (or something like that) where the posters indicate you just have to be a little handy yourself, or your going to spend a lot of time at a dealership.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #66

Lightbulb Storage drawer

Thanks for all your helpful information Dave & Beth. Question, we are picking our our new 42' Anthem,DEQ in Orlando next month and I'm wondering what to store in the lower, large kitchen drawer that shows the trash can and sink covers in the brochure? I wouldn't want to put anything there that would be contaminated by the trash. What did you do?
RARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:33 AM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
I guess we never considered that an issue. Trash bag is in place. Generally, only pull the drawer out far enough to place garbage in the bag lined can. I suppose you could store cleaning supplies and other things there, but we use it for pots and pans as there really isn't many other places for that kind of thing.

Actually find it kind of useful as we wipe dishes clean of almost all short of what the dishwasher (electric or DW) does, as we're a little paranoid of any grease or other impediment going into the grey tank.

And we really like the kitchen layout, including the buffet. The only thing I might do differently, and some other companies have made the adjustment, is to 180 the kitchen and dining table so the table overlooks your courtyard (also a kitchen window would be nice).
Old 01-23-2013, 06:57 AM   #68

Couple of other things when comparing the Anthem and Cornerstone......I think Entegra really needs to step up to the plate much more then what they have did when trying to sell the Cornerstone.... I mean 560K MSRP for a coach that has manual window awnings....Really? I mean I understand the K3 debate but for that kind of money I think most looking at coaches in that price point are expecting more then what is being offered......
RandyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #69

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyP View Post
Couple of other things when comparing the Anthem and Cornerstone......I think Entegra really needs to step up to the plate much more then what they have did when trying to sell the Cornerstone.... I mean 560K MSRP for a coach that has manual window awnings....Really? I mean I understand the K3 debate but for that kind of money I think most looking at coaches in that price point are expecting more then what is being offered......
JMHO, I think Entegra is primarily selling the next level of power and ride for the extra dollars to go from Anthem to Cornerstone. I guess I'll now whether it is worth it when I get out to the Rockies this summer.

Just a side, reset the fuel average for the second tank of fuel (and no headwind). I'm pulling 8000 lbs. Fuel performance jumped from 7.8 miles/gallon to 8.9 gallons. Going to have to start watching the weather more closely on travel days. Also saw that double digit improvement driving 60 versus 65.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #70

Randy, looking at all the high end motorhomes in the cornerstone class, on the market today, I don't know of any that compare dollar for dollar against the cornerstone. Cornerstone is in the low end of price when it comes to what you get for the money. When you look at Newmar (King Air or Essex) pricing is $120,000 to $260,000 higher in msrp. They have more floor plans (full slide to mention one) to choose from and you can change the build (and it will cost you ) but in the end it comes down to how much you want to spend. Same applies to American Coach and Tiffin Zephr. You can pay more, and you will because you cannot get the discount off msrp, but if you like there floor plans and chassis is not an issue that may be the way to go.

I looked at the king air real close and though it drove great the visibility in the front was not as good as the visibiltiy of the Entegra. My opinion is based on the fact that the front cap extends further out than Entegra and the dash board is deeper than the entegra. Just my opinion.

I agree with you in some respects, I think Cornerstone is missing a marketing opportunity, they could have additional floor plans, change the front cap to a big grille with more bling, high gloss cabinetry and add power window awnings. They could also have one area in their facilities, whether on site or off site that could perform upgrades and change orders charging $ accordingly for people ordering Cornerstones. They could also charge another $100,000 in msrp for those features and they would still be under the msrp for the competition, Not as much but still under and a good buy. I don't think it would hurt their sales.

I may sound bias, I know of two cornerstone owners personally that can't say enough great things about the coach regarding Ride, paint, quality of craftmanship. Spending the last year researching all the high end coaches, I pick my cornerstone up at the end of this week.
dusty56 is offline   Reply With Quote