Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2012, 06:10 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TgovSr View Post
Cruser, your pick is 45' Anthem which floor model? SL or DLQ and why?
Thanks............
Neither. I'm waiting for the new floor plans that are in engineering right now. Besides, my bank account says I'm in no hurry.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #16

This is Tadd Jenkins, I am the National Sales Manager for Entegra, as you all know I have never posted on this forum because I don't want to influence any decision on here by my comments. That being said I am very concerned my Mr_D's comments about an "Entegra Salesman lying" I would very much like to have you Mr_D contact me personally and let me know for sure who that was and what exactly was said. I also need to know if it was indeed a factory sales guy or one from one of our dealers. It is very important that I know not so I can cause that person undo harm, but so I can let them know that the information that they have is incorrect. I have for years told all the sales guys and alway include I my training that if Entegra was not available I would buy a Newmar, they are a great company and they are the closest to our build, they do have a hung wall, they so have a wood floor, and so to hear that we would tell an untruth really upsets me
Please contact me personally and help me make sure this doesn't happen again,
Thank you so much
Tadd
Happyday4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyday4321 View Post
This is Tadd Jenkins, I am the National Sales Manager for Entegra, as you all know I have never posted on this forum because I don't want to influence any decision on here by my comments. That being said I am very concerned my Mr_D's comments about an "Entegra Salesman lying" I would very much like to have you Mr_D contact me personally and let me know for sure who that was and what exactly was said. I also need to know if it was indeed a factory sales guy or one from one of our dealers. It is very important that I know not so I can cause that person undo harm, but so I can let them know that the information that they have is incorrect. I have for years told all the sales guys and alway include I my training that if Entegra was not available I would buy a Newmar, they are a great company and they are the closest to our build, they do have a hung wall, they so have a wood floor, and so to hear that we would tell an untruth really upsets me
Please contact me personally and help me make sure this doesn't happen again,
Thank you so much
Tadd
And that, Folks, is why Entegra is a very, very hot brand out there!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #18

Newmar vs Entegra

Thanks to all your posts. Yes i do own a 2012 king aire. My brother whom we RV with alot is thinking about making the jump from a gas motorhome to a DP. He is considering a 45 foot entegra . All he wanted to know from me is how it compares to my coach. Since he has not heard of this web site i told him i would ask you all Thanks for all the replys
Treelog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

He might want to take a peak at this online version of an RV Magazine review of a Cornerstone.
2013 Entegra Cornerstone 45K - Motorhome Overview - RV Magazine
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks, Tadd for jumping in...my guess is each company has its strengths. And it really serves no purpose on this forum to see the degeneration of the us versus them.

Look forward to meeting you sooner, if not later at Summerfest.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #21

Engineering to Production, How Long?

Cruzer, (and Tadd)

How long does it take to go from engineering to production? The 44F that Cruzer displayed on another thread looked interesting.
monroesilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:49 AM   #22

If your brother is fine with a standard floor plan, he'll be happy with his Entegra.

However, if wants it to be a custom home Newmar is really his only option (of the 2).

You can't go wrong with either manufacture.

Boy what a chance for a "no holds barred" comparison then him buying a Cornerstone and your King Aire.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #23

Hi Treelog, I too am interestested in getting a King Aire. I have been following this forum for almost a year now. I would be interested in hearing your comments about your experience so far. I met with Ken of Newmar at the Phoenix show in March and spent quite a bit of quality time in their 2013 display unit King Aire at this show. While I have not yet ever owned an RV I recognize the quality of Newmar Corp and this product in particular. So here are my questions if you care to comment on what I perceive to be an awesome product.

1) what floor plan do you have?
2) what standard offered options did you get
3) did you have any custom options installed, and if so are you happy with them?
4) did you take factory delivery?
5) what is your opinion on fit, finish and quality so far?
6) how many miles have you driven it?
7) have you had many probelms and warranty repairs so far?
8) what do you really like about this coach compared to previous owned coaches?
9) what do you not like about this coach compared to previous owned or other coaches you are familiar with?
10) what things would you like to see Newmar change or add on future production units.........Lug Nut wants paddle shift on the steering wheel and maybe heads up display

Thanks for your time and advice!
BucketList is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #24

King Aire

Bucket list, I have the 4584 floor plan, Options include heated tile, stacked washer dryer,fisher Paykel dishwasher, all electric coach, tv in front cabinet, exterior entertainment center, remote controlled rearview camera, central vac, extra moniter on passenger side, bose surround sound, two power sliding trays, tile extended into bedroom, power window shades, fold down shower seat, ultra leather furniture, ginger glazed cherry high gloss cabinets, . No custom options installed, bought it off lot in Oregon. My opinion of fit and finish is great interior is superb and paint outside is excellent. 6000 miles on odo. Have had several problems warrany issues, basement freezer stopped working dealer replaced it with a new one, main awning motor stopped working, dealer replaced it, dealer had to update the computer system, entry door lock locked me in the coach once, had to climb out window to get out adjustment was nessesary. other than that i believe all the bugs worked out, knock on wood What i like about this coach over my country coach and monaco, is the full wall slide, great room inside. I think newmar should make as a option a small window above kitchen sink area. imho its a little dark in that area. i absolutly love the hugh shower in master bath, alot of room. I also would like to see a massaging drivers seat option. for those long days of driving. I would also like to drive a essex on the K2 chassis, to see how it rides, i feel the K3 is just a little harsh. But not to bad, just my opinion. All in all i think its a great coach and love the interior room
Old 11-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #25

Treelog, thanks for your reply. Definitely sounds like you do have a nice coach. The 4584 floor plan would be my preference, although i did spend time in a King with the new floorplan with the walkin closet introduced for 2013 model and thought that this plan might be a close runner up choice. The problem you had with the computer system i am assuming was a reprogram of the Silverleaf system. Curious if this was unusual or if the Silverleaf system has had some issues? As far as the entry door jammed and locking you inside, did the deadbolt thumbturn on the inside stop functioning or was it a problem with the keyless entry system? The dealer Northtrail in Florida installs seat massagers on the 2 captains chairs on some of the units I saw online. Not sure if it was a dealer installed option or done in the factory. Finally, i assume that the Oregon dealer you purchased from was Guaranty RV. I have talked to a sales rep named Mike Phillips a couple of times. How was your purchase and delivery experience at this dealer?
BucketList is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #26

king aire

Bucket list, yes it was a problem with the silverleaf, just updated it. i believe the front door lock was a dead bolt problem. mike phillips at Guaranty was my salesman, great to work with no pressure. good support after the sale. I live 40 miles north of the dealership, very handy
Old 11-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #27

Freightliner Owners Club
A comparison of list prices is imperative when asking this question. You're talkin' about a K-A rig at $820K vs a Cornerstone at $570. Sounds to me like a quarter of a mil difference. How can you compare the two? Then why not include a Foretravel at a cool mil. or more? Or how about a Newell or Prevost in the 1.5 mil or more category? I mean...where does it stop? Bottom line: for the money there IS no competitor to the Cornerstone.

Personally, the $110,000 difference of a K-A vs the Essex blows me away. The only real difference I see is the chassis....for that amount? No way would I pay that much extra for the K-3. And if you were Cruz. and just had to have that 600HP K-3, well, he's already figured it out......the CORNERSTONE!
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #28

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TgovSr View Post
Mr. D I'd like to know what the Entegra sales associates told you that were not correct......are there issues that we should know about......
may not be the place to post this as my "dog" is from a diffent kennel,but i am very impressed when manufactuers listen to the customer
brianj