Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #29

Brian,

I toured the Forest River Berkshire/Charleston factory and also the Entegra factory. Both were impressive, but Entegra is really a step beyond anyone as far as I can tell. They make one heck of fine coach for the price points and their customer service, from what I have seen, is excellent.

Ed

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
Neither. I'm waiting for the new floor plans that are in engineering right now. Besides, my bank account says I'm in no hurry.

Mark,

What would your ideal floor plan be or what are they working on that would tempt you to cross over to Entegra? There has to be something out there that would push you to clean out the bank and say, let's do it!

Ed

Old 11-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

The 44C.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:59 AM   #32

Now what would the features be on the Entegra "Cruzer" Edition, otherwise known as the 44C? Would it be similar to the 44F?
Old 11-29-2012, 08:22 AM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, the 44C is a fine tuned 44F. The "F" just sounds kind of derogative so I changed it to "C" when I fine tuned the floor plan.

I keep wondering how it would be if Entegra upper the Aspire to IFS. I know that brand separation is important but maybe the Anthem could go to the Spartan K2 chassis with 500 HP ISX11. That would give them three distinct chassis and engine grades. However, the new ISX11 has to be pricey so maybe that's why the Cornerstone went to the big ISX and 600 HP. In that case a 500 HP Anthem wouldn't be cost effective. Although I sure wouldn't mind having that K2 beneath an Athem.

The gasser market is starting to come on pretty strong. Spartan just announced a gasser chassis. I wonder if Entegra might add a gasser on the new Spartan chassis in the future? It would have to be an upscale unit though or else it would be better off flying under the Jayco banner so as not to dilute the Entegra reputation.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #34

Cruzer, I've seen the 44F you posted but what does the 44C look like besides the engine/chassis upgrade? Any idea what the cost of the engine / chassis upgrade would cost compared to the existing Anthem retail price? 5k, 10k, 15k......Would it be worth waiting for?
Old 11-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #35

Your thoughts on the Aspire are similar to mine. I would also like the IFS and the all electric coach, but really don't want to pony up an additional $50-100k for those options. The Aspire would suit my needs and desires with those two changes or options. When there were a few IFS Aspires out there to be had I was quoted a $5,000 charge to upgrade to the IFS. I would have gone that route for the safety and comfort issues.

It's funny about the way the gasser market has changed. Now we are seeing more cars that are diesels and motorhomes that are gassers. Somewhat of an irony in those changes. We started out with a gasser which is not a bad route to go for a family. The cost is more affordable and the lack of heavy use makes the gasser a better choice for many. Personally I don't miss the gasser at all with the noise and performance issues, but it was cheaper to buy and maintain. I know there are a lot of Georgetowns out there from Forest River as well as other brands. I can't see Entegra going the gasser route when their Jayco brand is so accepted within the gasser market. It would make as much sense as Cadillac coming out with a compact model.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TgovSr View Post
Cruzer, I've seen the 44F you posted but what does the 44C look like besides the engine/chassis upgrade? Any idea what the cost of the engine / chassis upgrade would cost compared to the existing Anthem retail price? 5k, 10k, 15k......Would it be worth waiting for?
The 44C looks like the 44F with the exception of the front TV being centered and all the dimensions are more accurate. No major changes.

The Anthem chassis upgrade idea was just a "what if" that I threw out. It would be nice to have that 3 chassis/ebngine spread but if the cost doesn't spread well then it's never going to work. The Anthem needs to stay in the Allegro Bus price range. If it can do that with a 500 HP K2 that'd be great but I kind of have a feeling that this isn't possible. Tiffin gets mucho more bucks for a Zephyr than a Bus and the only real difference is the chassis because the rest of the gingerbread doesn't cost that much. The Cornerstone competes well with a Zephyr but it blows it away as far as quality and it's a 600 HP K3 versus a 500 HP K2.