Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2014, 05:43 PM   #1

Cornerstone water manifold

Would have sworn that 6 months ago the new Cornerstones had water manifold unit on driver side bay but today the 6 or 7 new Cornerstones I looked at at MHSRV had no water manifolds. Did Entegra drop these or was I just miss seeing them?
papaw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #2

I called Entegra today and they confirmed that they no longer put water manifolds in their Cornerstones. They dropped them the first part of 2012 production. They also Said it will be mid March before they will know what changes there will be on the 2015 models but auto air level definitely still won't be on anything other than the Cornerstone as all models will be keeping their current chassis.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:13 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Curious on two points.

Why did they drop the water manifold? Very valuable insurance to maintain water service in coach if you spring a leak in one line.

Auto air leveling is not chassis dependent. It is/was commonly installed on Spartan Mountain Master, K2, and K3 chassis on American Coach and others.

Dave
Old 01-08-2014, 06:48 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunde01 View Post
Curious on two points.

Why did they drop the water manifold? Very valuable insurance to maintain water service in coach if you spring a leak in one line.

Auto air leveling is not chassis dependent. It is/was commonly installed on Spartan Mountain Master, K2, and K3 chassis on American Coach and others.

Dave
I know you can have water line leaks, but I don't recall hearing of anyone having one since joining this forum 18 months ago, or reading all the board posts on Entegras since inception.

I am aware of after-market air leveling systems you can add to the MM chassis; believe this is one of the major upgrades Entegra uses to distinguish between Anthem and Cornerstone with its Hadley Air System. Not an expert, but not sure those after-market systems don't operate the same as the Hadley system. I guess as a manufacturer, you pick and choose what you incorporate to meet a price point to be competitive. Cornerstone is packed and competes very favorably against the Eagle. Anthem, with its standard package, competes very effectively with the Tradition. I'd be hard pressed to pick between Eagle and Cornerstone...think a major difference is warrantee.

Good luck with your selection.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:24 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunde01 View Post
Curious on two points. Why did they drop the water manifold? Very valuable insurance to maintain water service in coach if you spring a leak in one line.
I agree with what Dave just said. I believe what the real advantage to the manifold system is consistent water temps throughout the delivery. I am disappointed that it is no longer there. I guess they just felt it wasn't a big enough deal.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:32 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I had a water manifold system on the Beaver that I owned for 10 years. Only used it one time, when a leak developed in the icemaker supply line. Other than that, I really had no use for it. It seemed like a lot of extra plumbing with very little practical use, except to isolate a leaking area so that you could use the rest of the plumbing until repairs are made.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #7

That was probably Entegra's reasoning for dropping the system as I am sure it added quite an expense in the extra pic runs and the related labor expense.