Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2017, 10:23 PM   #1

Cpap on the nightstand?

For those of you that use a Cpap, does it fit on the nightstand or have you done a modification? I was thinking I would put it it the cabinet above my head and drilling a hole in the bottom for the hose. I'd also like an outlet installed in the cabinet. The way I flop around, I'm concerned that I'd send the Cpap flying off the nightstand each evening.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2017, 05:04 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Long-time CPAP user

On our 2013 SL the nightstand on the forward side of the bed was MUCH bigger than what we have now so I was concerned about how to make things work with books, remotes and the CPAP.

Sort of solved it by getting one of those vertical shoe holders for closets and cutting it to length. It hangs from the rail that the door slides on (The door doesn't go all the way to the end of the rail so there's no conflict.) this leaves the nightstand for the CPAP and like you I toss and turn, but the CPAP - if it moves - just moves against the bed and stays there.

The remotes, glasses and miscellaneous stuff sits in the compartments.

Works just fine for me.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:04 AM   #3

Mine fits on the night stand perfectly. I put the hose between the mattress and the slide wall and it moves freely as I roll from side to side.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:07 AM   #4

Mine is on the nightstand. Works just fine, no problems.
partskenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:11 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAscubaDude View Post
For those of you that use a Cpap, does it fit on the nightstand or have you done a modification? I was thinking I would put it it the cabinet above my head and drilling a hole in the bottom for the hose. I'd also like an outlet installed in the cabinet. The way I flop around, I'm concerned that I'd send the Cpap flying off the nightstand each evening.
Mine sits on the night stand just fine. Never had an issue with knocking it off and onto the floor. When mobile I just unplug it, drop the works into the drawer below and roll.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:58 PM   #6
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Night stands are different sizes on the various floor plans. A friend with a 45A was shocked at how much bigger ours were (42DEQ).
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:26 PM   #7

I sleep with the cpap in the cabinet above me. I leave the door open so that there is fresh air. It has never fallen out and having the hose hanging down is very convenient. If you are afraid that you would pull it down, put some velcro on the bottom of the machine (the picky side) and the rug in the cabinet will secure it very well.
gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:26 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
If it's just a cpap it will fit almost anywhere. If you have a humidifier on it, that can double the size. I have a humidifier, and mine fits on the night stand, and in 6 yrs it's never fallen.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 08:32 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbr View Post
Night stands are different sizes on the various floor plans. A friend with a 45A was shocked at how much bigger ours were (42DEQ).
That was my point on the late, great SL. I got used to being able to have the CPAP and other stuff beside me.

Basically it isn't an issue but you won't be able to put glasses, paperback and your remotes on the B bedside. Hence the "Shoe" cabinet.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:38 PM   #10

Solo Rvers Club
To keep the cpap hose out of my way I put one of those stick up hooks on the headboard and hang the hose with a rubber band. Gives it some give if I pull it too hard. Everyone has their own tricks.
recycled55
Old 02-14-2017, 09:11 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Mines on the nightstand also I have it stuck to the nightstand with floralife sure stick Flora adhesiveClick image for larger version

Name:	1487131879946.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	151906
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:25 PM   #12

I toss and turn quite a bit myself. So I put my CPAP w/humidifier on the floor of the bedroom slideout between the nightstand cabinet and the mattress frame. The intake vent faces the foot of the bed and is about 6" off the floor for unrestricted air access. The hose comes up beside the bed between the mattress and nightstand, with no binding up of the hose. The mattress is over the CPAP protecting it from anything that might get knocked off the knight stand. Plus it frees up the nightstand for other things.

Mike H
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:45 PM   #13

COAP sits on nite stand beside bed quite nicely, even with humidifier. Never had a problem with it falling off. Sits right beside my electronic safe for the 9mm.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 03:21 AM   #14
YC1

Velcro is an rver's friend. It will remove laminate wood surfaces if you try to take it off without heat. On solid surfaces it is great.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote