Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2016, 05:58 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Mark, the photos did not post.

On the downward tube...I thing it will be needed. I have changed the resin beads in my On The Go water softener, which is the same unit as there DI unit except different resin. It does have a down tube with a deflector at the bottom. On Youtube there are several videos on recharging softeners and DI units...... they all show removing the center tube. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2016, 05:58 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
CR de ionized water system

You will need something to contain resin beads. They make some inserts to hold the resin beads and properly route the water through them.

Edit. Looks like someone also responded with same thing.

Steve
Old 06-09-2016, 06:07 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Mark, the photos did not post.
Chuck, I was able to edit the post, and they now show on my side - see if refreshing will load them.

Thanks Palehorse89 and Steve, that is perfect for this - I wondered if I needed 2 tanks for enough resin to make it work correct for rinshing the coach?
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:17 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
I learned something about the available resin cartridges, thanks! Another next winters project.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:30 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
Chuck, I was able to edit the post, and they now show on my side - see if refreshing will load them.

Thanks Palehorse89 and Steve, that is perfect for this - I wondered if I needed 2 tanks for enough resin to make it work correct for rinshing the coach?
When the first cartridge changes color the "Total Dissolved Solids" starts to rise............I bought a cheap TDS meter on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

so I can test water at the house and as I travel........and also as I make the DI water. The duel system allows one to change the first incoming resin when it is spent and the numbers start to rise. I just take the cartridge with the spent resin in it, empty it, refill it. Move the second filter housing over to the first incoming location, and install the new resin cartridge in the location where the other one came from. Keeps the TDS numbers at zero. The duel system is nice as you always have good DI water. I would suggest the duel set up if I was going to do it.
This is where I bought my duel filter set up from http://www.thefilterguys.biz/di_systems.htm
Old 06-10-2016, 04:39 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Great info. Walmart use to sell the meters, but not any longer. I have those everywhere. I check the campground water when hooking up to see if we will use bottled water for coffee or CG water. Also, like you when the water softener needs to be regenerated and my DI stick as well. I wouldn't be without those water hardness testers. I googled them and found them for $9.00 last time including shipping.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:09 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedenesha View Post
I have the On The Go OTG2-DDI- Portable Dual Bed Deionizer and think this unit will do more RV washes than the DIC-20. It's suppose to do about 15 RV washes or 460 gallons before replacing the resin. The height is also a little lower 22". Each tank weighs a little less than 20 lbs each. I've been very happy with this system and it fits underneath very easily.
Hi Steve,

Could you please share where you bought this and what you paid? Would appreciate it....

Thanks,
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 09:30 AM   #36

I bought the On-the-Go Duel Bed Deionizer from RVUpgradestore.com and they also have the full replacement resin kit for $93 which is the best price that I've found.
https://www.rvupgradestore.com/OTG-D...p/otg2-ddi.htm
Old 06-10-2016, 10:10 AM   #37

Quote:
I bought the On-the-Go Duel Bed Deionizer from RVUpgradestore.com and they also have the full replacement resin kit for $93 which is the best price that I've found.
Thanks Steve - Found the same thing as you did. I also bought my on the go water softener from them....
Old 06-10-2016, 10:22 AM   #38

Quote:
Sorry - Got another question. Do you any pictures of how you mounted your water softener/filtration and the deionizer in your compartments? I'm working out the details now and it'd be nice to see how others have done theirs....

Tags
water