Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
cracking in floor

When we are all set up and parked in our Anthem we will hear a cracking noise in the floor periodically throughout the night. Has anyone else experienced this?

2017 Entegra Coach Anthem 44B/450 Cummins/Spartan
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
I think what you MIGHT be hearing is the wood frame UNDER the floor settling into position on the frame after you have leveled the coach. The wood in the subfloor and the plywood on top of it as well as the hung walls have to be able to flex a little as the coach moves and flexes, when you level the coach you put the frame and thus the subfloor in a twist from natural as you level the house on uneven ground. We experience that to some degree often and I agree it can play with your mind but I really do not think that it is anything to worry about. In fact, quite the opposite, house is moving and adapting to the frame and thus relieving stress on the house that could otherwise cause cracks and breaks. All just my opinion.

2015 Entegra
Cornerstone 45B
2014 Lincoln MKT
Ann n Gene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:15 PM   #3
We hear the same things now and then and it seems to correspond to leveling. I think these coaches have to have some play in their frames to accommodate all the stresses they're put under. It's kind of analogous to airplane wings flexing during flight and turbulence.
2012 Entegra Aspire 40DRQ on Spartan chassis
2006 Toyota Highlander toad
2 daughters, 2 dogs, and 1 wife
rvguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:47 AM   #4
Thanks guys,
That information is somewhat reassuring.
2017 Entegra Coach Anthem 44B/450 Cummins/Spartan
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have the same noise and will visit the factory in the next 6 months to get it fixed. It is not the floor or settling, it is the leveling actuators. They crack after they've been down awhile. I traced the noise from underneath.At first it was just the rear, now its both. Talked with Don about it at Louisville and he said he had never heard of the problem before. Maybe they'll have it figured out before I get up this spring.
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote