Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #1

Creaky door??

We have 2013 entagra aspire and with every bump we hit the entry door area makes a very loud creaking noise!! It's Driving me crazy!!!!!! Any ideas for a fix???? The door fits tight and has very little wind noise so I'm stumped! DD

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Same RV...no creaks...I get creaky sounds from the MCD front shade mount.

2016 Ford Edge toad
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #3

I get cranky sounds from the navigator in the passenger seat when I don't listen close enough---oh, you said CREAKY not CRANKY
iquailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddcouple View Post
We have 2013 entagra aspire and with every bump we hit the entry door area makes a very loud creaking noise!! It's Driving me crazy!!!!!! Any ideas for a fix???? The door fits tight and has very little wind noise so I'm stumped! DD
First off, I see that this is your first post so welcome to the forum!

When you close the door, making sure the park brake is engaged, do you pull it closed with some force? Then engage both the locks? When you release the park brake, the door is sucked in even tighter. The shouldn't be any wind noise.

Can your wife help you to pin point where on the door the squeaking is coming from?

Is there any chance that the squeaking is actually coming from the passenger seat? The passenger seat on mine squeaks incessantly when it isn't occupied. If your sound is actually coming from the seat when your wife occupies it, have her move to the couch and the noise should increase with the seat unoccupied.

If all else fails, bring your gorgeous coach up to Summerfest this August and we can all help you troubleshoot it. .... or call Entegra Customer Service for help.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
We had a creaky noise and it turned out it was the passenger slide rubbing against itself. Noise was high up and it was hard to tell if it was coming from wood molding around door. Turned out it was the slide. LD put some foam padding and now no noise.
dianestew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #6

Cranky door oops lol creaky Door

I have closed the door with force and double locked it and still plenty of noise! My wife says its down low. I will take a closer look at the seat and the slide today before we hit the road. Fingers crossed!!!!! Thanks for the help!!!! DD
Old 05-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
My seat visibly vibrates and squeaks while underway but only when it is unoccupied. I'm unable to replicate the problem if the coach is sitting still. So the question to you is, is the noise louder when you are underway and the seat is unoccupied?
Old 05-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #8

Quote:
I have closed the door with force and double locked it and still plenty of noise! My wife says its down low. I will take a closer look at the seat and the slide today before we hit the road. Fingers crossed!!!!! Thanks for the help!!!! DD
You might check the stairwell cover.....we had to have plastic glides put on the bottom of the cover to keep it from rattling.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:33 PM   #9

Creaky door!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestew View Post
We had a creaky noise and it turned out it was the passenger slide rubbing against itself. Noise was high up and it was hard to tell if it was coming from wood molding around door. Turned out it was the slide. LD put some foam padding and now no noise.
Success !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was definitely was the lower pass slide !! I took a close look and saw that paint was missing from the wall so the slide and the wall were metal to metal. Pretty chewed up but I put some padding closed the slide and enjoyed a very peaceful 8hrs of driving !! Thank god!! We are heading to the factory in July and I'm sure they will solve the problem along with the other items on our punch list. Thanks for all the help!! DD
Old 05-27-2013, 12:50 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Where was it? I didn't understand. Was it the actual passenger side wall slideout or the step over? Where on the slide was it rubbing? Got any pics? I have occassionally squeaking and it might be similar causes.
2016 Ford Edge toad
Old 05-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Where was it? I didn't understand. Was it the actual passenger side wall slideout or the step over? Where on the slide was it rubbing? Got any pics? I have occassionally squeaking and it might be similar causes.
It was the lower left corner step over that's was rubbing on the wall when it was closed. There is a rubber stop screwed to the step over but obviously wasn't doing its job! I will upload some pics for you when I get some time?? DD
Old 05-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #12

Quote:
Success !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was definitely was the lower pass slide !! I took a close look and saw that paint was missing from the wall so the slide and the wall were metal to metal. Pretty chewed up but I put some padding closed the slide and enjoyed a very peaceful 8hrs of driving !! Thank god!! We are heading to the factory in July and I'm sure they will solve the problem along with the other items on our punch list. Thanks for all the help!! DD
Usually (majority of the time) the slide is the culprit. I know this from first hand experience. Absolutely made me crazy to the point where I did not enjoy driving the coach. Chased the problem for about six months on my Aspire with CS.

For all those reading this and want immediate relief from the noise I will give you the same fix as the factory will offer and you can do it yourself or bring it into a local shop.

Go to any store, buy furninture glides (peel and stick on one side and plastic glide on the other) open you slide. Cut the furniture glide to fit in the corner where the slide is rubbing. I am talking about the stationary wall not the slide itself. You may have to peel back the rubber on the wall so the sticky part of the glide gets a good spot to stick to, then put the rubber seal back. That is the easiest fix of all and can be done while camping and takes about 10 minutes but you will need a ladder.

The second fix is what CS may have the facility perform. Take a plastic butcher block, cut it to fit where the slide is rubbing, drill a couple of holes in the plastic apply it to the wall with epoxy. I had this done by a service facility and they have performed same on other Aspires.

Both methods are fast and easy fixes. With both methods when the slide is shut you no longer have metal to metal. If you put rubber in there instead of the above, you will only get a temporary fix. The rubber will eventually break down and the problem will come back when you are driving on a 2000 mile trip.

I had all the top corners on the slides done, if you have a squeak on the bottom corner of a slide you have stops you can adjust to solve that problem. No one could tell they were done, I am proud to say there were no rubs, rattles, squeaks or grinding going down the road. When it was completed I believe I had the ultimate ride. I still carry furniture glides in my tool box, should the new one ever have a squeak I know exactly what to do.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks...I will check
2016 Ford Edge toad
Old 05-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #14

Creaky fix

Quote:
It was the lower left corner step over that's was rubbing on the wall when it was closed. There is a rubber stop screwed to the step over but obviously wasn't doing its job! I will upload some pics for you when I get some time?? DD
Here is some pics as promised. I will also try the furniture stops!! Sounds perfect!! Thanks DD

Tags
door