Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2018, 08:07 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Crestron App Fail

We're having an issue with the Crestron App. It won't connect to the Host. The wall panel is working fine as do all the remotes.

Message is "The host and port values appear to be invalid"

I've talked to Firefly at length and nothing we've tried has worked.

1. Rebooted all the devices in the chain.
2. Deleted and reloaded the app.
3. Tried the app on a different tablet (We use Android)
4. Unplugged and replugged all cables.
5. Tried all the different Port values.
5. Applied bandaids to nicks and cuts on my hands from working in that "roomy" cabinet.
6. Replugged all the stuff that got unplugged from being moved around in said cabinet.

Firefly wants us to have a tech work to test the actual cables before starting to replace boxes. We're at the rally in Hilton Head so maybe someone from NIRVC can help,

Obviously not a show stopper but frustrating. Gives a new appreciation for the App after using all the remotes - losing, finding etc.

Otherwise this coach is great.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2018, 08:35 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Emerson, go over and talk to Magic Carpet, Jeanne, she is really sharp on the VT and just did some updates on hers. She will have a tan metallic Subaru with PA plates and a yellow rubber ducky in the CS windchill. Hopefully she can help.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:48 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Emerson, go over and talk to Magic Carpet, Jeanne, she is really sharp on the VT and just did some updates on hers. She will have a tan metallic Subaru with PA plates and a yellow rubber ducky in the CS windchill. Hopefully she can help.
Thanks - I'll look for her.

Are you at HH?
Old 04-29-2018, 09:05 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
Thanks - I'll look for her.

Are you at HH?
No, we are home emptying the Classic
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:53 AM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
We're having an issue with the Crestron App. It won't connect to the Host. The wall panel is working fine as do all the remotes.

Message is "The host and port values appear to be invalid"

I've talked to Firefly at length and nothing we've tried has worked.

1. Rebooted all the devices in the chain.
2. Deleted and reloaded the app.
3. Tried the app on a different tablet (We use Android)
4. Unplugged and replugged all cables.
5. Tried all the different Port values.
5. Applied bandaids to nicks and cuts on my hands from working in that "roomy" cabinet.
6. Replugged all the stuff that got unplugged from being moved around in said cabinet.

Firefly wants us to have a tech work to test the actual cables before starting to replace boxes. We're at the rally in Hilton Head so maybe someone from NIRVC can help,

Obviously not a show stopper but frustrating. Gives a new appreciation for the App after using all the remotes - losing, finding etc.

Otherwise this coach is great.
I’ve had a similar ongoing problem since December. I can get my app to work again by unplugging the cable (it’s red on mine) at the bottom of the POE device mounted on the wall of the cabinet to the far right, waiting 10 seconds and repluggung. But, I also have to re-enter the address values on the app even though they appear to be there (I get the same message you’re getting “the host and port....). Mine are 192.168.124.102, 41790 and 80. Once I re-enter and save, my app will work again.

We have something in common because, even though I have a 2017, I have the 2018 Vegatouch software (updated April 2017)and my Crestron software was updated by Firefly (December 2017) so the app more closely mimics the wall monitor. My problems started after the Crestron update in December.

The failure for me is intermittent and random and appears when my dedicated iPad comes awake when I open the cover. Resetting 12v power does nothing. I’m planning to try to get help on this at Homecoming because we haven’t been able to solve it via phone.

Please let me know if someone finds a solution to your problem.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:29 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Bill. I'm pretty sure I had to re enter all the values at some point at least when I reloaded the SW. I did reboot the POE device.

I am pretty sure it's an box issue since I don't see a lot of folks with this going on. Maybe we both just got lucky.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:05 AM   #7

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Thanks Bill. I'm pretty sure I had to re enter all the values at some point at least when I reloaded the SW. I did reboot the POE device.

I am pretty sure it's an box issue since I don't see a lot of folks with this going on. Maybe we both just got lucky.
I’m not sure if the sequence is important in your case but I have to re-enter the port values immediately after resetting the power to the POE device. Just re-entering the values or just resetting the POE doesn’t allow my app to work. I’m don’t remember why I tried re-entering the values the first time because the values are there on the screen. But, if I don’t backspace in each field and re-enter them I get the “ the port values....” message. In my case I’m thinking re-entering the values and savings them is over-writing a file that’s gotten corrupted. I hope you find a solution.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 12:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
But, I also have to re-enter the address values on the app even though they appear to be there (I get the same message you’re getting “the host and port....). Mine are 192.168.124.102, 41790 and 80. Once I re-enter and save, my app will work again.
Mine is 3 years older but set up similarly.

I replaced the stock Cradlepoint router with a better one that would allow me to use my phone for USB thethering to the rest of the coach.

In order for my Creston app to work, I had to hard-code my new router as 192.168.124.100 and reserve 192.168.124.102 for the firefly unit which is hard-coded for that IP address. I used the mac address of the firefly to reserve 192.168.124.102 for the firefly. The default ports were used. The passcode for my app was 2015 (the year of my coach).
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:07 PM   #9

Anybody know if the hardware we have in coach is 32bit? Reason I ask is my whole house (control 4) system control box had to be updated due to Apple no longer supporting 32 bit apps/hardware since the 11.x updates
DavidH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:21 PM   #10

Had a similar issue and I still have the 2017 Firefly and Creston software. Firefly sent another router with some changes and it was worst, so sent the new one back. It was all associated with the router. Thinking of doing what Hawgguy did and moving to a better router and configuring it myself.
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote