Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2018, 03:58 AM   #15

Outstanding! Thanks for the update.

Hopefully you can salvage your plans.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2018, 08:24 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
My local truck shop here in Ft Myers is Truck labor $90. and hour, MH's $120. Getting to the engine to work on, they charge for. Like you said, it's not easy.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:42 AM   #17

GREAT NEWS! Happy they were able to find the problem and have the necessary parts available to fix it immediately.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:52 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
My local truck shop here in Ft Myers is Truck labor $90. and hour, MH's $120. Getting to the engine to work on, they charge for. Like you said, it's not easy.
There is an independent shop nearby in Vancouver WA. Their rate for semis and similar is $120.00 per Hour and for motorhomes is $160 per Hour. This rate applies for LOF's too. I can see charging more for engine or tranny work were you might have to work under the bed or from a closet but I sure don't see where changing the oil and filters would be that much more difficult.

Very glad the OP's problem was quickly ID'd and that parts were in stock! A rare event to read about these days.

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:32 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpykmpr47 View Post
A big surprise to me that's for sure. Tech came out after lunch yesterday worked on the coach about 2 1/2 hours trying to get to the problem to see if the wiring etc. all checked out. Had to take the cover up in the bathroom to get to be able to do that, they sure don't build these things to make repairs easy for the tech's who have to work on them,that's for sure.They diagnosed that the Fuel Pump Actuator was indeed faulty. They actually had one in stock which seemed to be a surprise to the tech and a much bigger surprise to me. Had it replaced and codes rechecked by 4:45 and I will be out of here this morning. Three cheers to Cummins Orlando and especially to the tech who wormed his way in and up to a standing position behind the batteries and to the rear of the DPF to install the thing. Defiantly helps to be thin to work in places like that......Alan.
GREAT news ! I'm sure you, Bonnie and your cats are thrilled to get back to normal 👍.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:27 AM   #20

Some observations from my experience this week with Cummins Orlando and our Cummins engine I have learned a few things. As I said in a previous post the experience that I have with diesel engines comes from a time when they were much different/simpler. That experience was learned 30 plus years ago.

One of the the things I have learned from this is that I can now see now why dealers don't want to work on motor homes.

I got a taste of this when we had our Monaco with the Navistar engine. We practically had to threaten the Navistar dealers to work on it on our 6 month trip out west. What we look at as a beautiful motor home I expect the tech's see as " what a nightmare to work on."

I also learned it is best not to avoid Service engine lights as they are there for a reason. I was told by Spartan and Cummins both that it probably would not hurt to drive with the light on and one guy told me he knew of drivers going a thousand miles or more with it on.

I found after leaving our campground on Monday morning that our coach was sluggish and did not accelerate as it should. this was after maybe 120 miles with the check engine light on.
I came home with a far different coach than I went with for sure . What I thought was maybe me just thinking the engine was not working right turned out to be it was not working right .

My tech told me there was a reason for this and that it worked the way it was supposed to. Apparently they are designed to work less efficiently when there is a problem with the fuel pump actuator so they do not build too much pressure which would be very bad on the injectors etc.

Enough rambling from me . I have said many times in my life that a day where I learned something new was a good day and this was a good experience because I learned something new about our coach. ......
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:42 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Glad it was fixed so quickly. I have also found that if you are camped in the parking lot, they seems to get you in much faster, sometimes between jobs. Waiting for parts is another story, but you were fortunate the shop had them on hand. Thanks for sharing your experience so others might know, it's not the end of the world although it may sound like it at first.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cummins