Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2018, 10:16 AM   #1

Cummins Orlando South

So here we are at Cummins Orlando. Not sure what is wrong but the adviser who checked me in says his diagnosis shows a problem with the Fuel Pump Actuator. The code that LazyDays got is supposed to be a fuel pressure problem. Not sure how long it will be until I find out but they said it would most likely be 4 to 5 days before they got the coach in to properly diagnose the problem and up to another 2 weeks to fix it. Kind of sad that we have another three weeks paid for at our campground but most likely not get to use it if their predictions as to how long it will take are correct. Oh well on the bright side at least they had a electric and water hook up for us.....Alan
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2018, 10:45 AM   #2

Alan, I’m sure sorry to hear that. All kidding aside, you’re in a good spot to contemplate things. Far more suitable than being broken down alongside I-10.

A old flying mantra “It’s better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying wishing you were on the ground.”

Cummins will fix you up.

You might make a few calls and see if any other nearby Cummins facilities can accommodate you quicker. This is a long shot considering the snow bird population, but you’ve got the time to spare.

Good luck,

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:00 AM   #3

If it is drivable I would cut across from Orlando on Fl. turnpike and take it to Ocala I think you'll be a lot more satisfied.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:05 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
If it is drivable I would cut across from Orlando on Fl. turnpike and take it to Ocala I think you'll be a lot more satisfied.
X2, they are 90% motor home business and strive for that reputation.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:21 AM   #5

Foretravel Owners Club
Hmmmm.
Since you are "Paid Up" so to speak,, tell them to figure out when they can do the diagnostics then return to your paid for campsite until it is time to diagnose, after diagnoses return to campsite until the parts are in and they can repair..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:38 PM   #6

HI Alan, Sorry to read about the timetable for repairs and I agree Cummins Ocala is a more desirable Motorhome facility but before making a move anywhere I'd be concerned if it is the fuel actuator and it quits then IMHO parked and waiting is a better alternative then on a hook !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:15 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I live in Orlando, very close to Cummins dealer on 441. I have taken mine to the Ocala Cummins once & was amazed at the knowledge & promptness they showed. We had an on-going issue on our previous coach and they diagnosed and fixed the issue within 1 day! Highly recommend them!
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 06:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
I actually called Ocala and the situation was no better as far as getting it looked at and my Dr.Appointments, etc. that I have before I leave for the summer are all here in this area.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
X2, they are 90% motor home business and strive for that reputation.
If another situation comes I defiantly to give Ocala a try for sure.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Hmmmm.
Since you are "Paid Up" so to speak,, tell them to figure out when they can do the diagnostics then return to your paid for campsite until it is time to diagnose, after diagnoses return to campsite until the parts are in and they can repair..
From what I understand if we leave we loose our place in line and would have to start all over again. Apparently they have had problems with people leaving and going elsewhere after their parts have been ordered. I expect we are until our coach is repaired for sure.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
HI Alan, Sorry to read about the timetable for repairs and I agree Cummins Ocala is a more desirable Motorhome facility but before making a move anywhere I'd be concerned if it is the fuel actuator and it quits then IMHO parked and waiting is a better alternative then on a hook !

I think about that as well Brian I drove it home from LD's and here this morning if there is something wrong and not just a software issue I am not sure how much further we could go. I am not even sure what this Actuator does but I assume it must control's the amount of fuel to the engine. My knowledge of diesels was learned in the old days before all of the modern electronics. The diesels I dealt with , farm equipment, construction equipment Dump trucks etc. was 30 some years ago . Today's diesel engines are a different generation of engines.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:13 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpykmpr47 View Post
I think about that as well Brian I drove it home from LD's and here this morning if there is something wrong and not just a software issue I am not sure how much further we could go. I am not even sure what this Actuator does but I assume it must control's the amount of fuel to the engine. My knowledge of diesels was learned in the old days before all of the modern electronics. The diesels I dealt with , farm equipment, construction equipment Dump trucks etc. was 30 some years ago . Today's diesel engines are a different generation of engines.
That's for sure ! In our previous life I wasn't concerned with removing an injection pump, sending it out for a rebuild and re-installing. A simple scratch mark so it was " timed " and good to go. Those days are gone !

I'm sure all will work out just lots of patience. Let us all know when you're fixed.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
That's for sure ! In our previous life I wasn't concerned with removing an injection pump, sending it out for a rebuild and re-installing. A simple scratch mark so it was " timed " and good to go. Those days are gone !

I'm sure all will work out just lots of patience. Let us all know when you're fixed.
Will do ,I was talking to them this morning and they thought they would get it in this pm to trouble shoot it.Got my fingers crossed.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:48 AM   #14

A big surprise to me that's for sure. Tech came out after lunch yesterday worked on the coach about 2 1/2 hours trying to get to the problem to see if the wiring etc. all checked out. Had to take the cover up in the bathroom to get to be able to do that, they sure don't build these things to make repairs easy for the tech's who have to work on them,that's for sure.They diagnosed that the Fuel Pump Actuator was indeed faulty. They actually had one in stock which seemed to be a surprise to the tech and a much bigger surprise to me. Had it replaced and codes rechecked by 4:45 and I will be out of here this morning. Three cheers to Cummins Orlando and especially to the tech who wormed his way in and up to a standing position behind the batteries and to the rear of the DPF to install the thing. Defiantly helps to be thin to work in places like that......Alan.

Tags
cummins