Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2015, 06:20 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Customer service and a bucking bronco

We left Ortona Locks this morning after a wonderful weekend camping. We noticed that the camper seemed to "buck" on the road out of Ortona. As we hit the main road, the camper was bouncing terribly.... Anytime we went over 45 miles per hour, the bucking/bouncing was horrendous. Under 45, it was not a normal ride, but do-able. We were looking at a 3-4 hour ride home, so we called Entegra Customer service. I left a message describing our problem. Within 5 minutes I got a call back and the tech walked us through a fix. Turns out that a valve did not close, and out air bags were losing air as we went down the road. It was trying to air up, but unable to do so since the valve didn't close.

The fix was to pull over on somewhat level area and put down the jacks with the coach turned off. Level the coach which purges the air bags. Then, turn the coach back on, pull up the jacks, and the valve should be fine. Well, the tech talked us through everything, and when we pulled back onto the road everything was fine. This is our first tag axle, and we are still learning. We had some friends who were ready to turn around and come back for us if we couldn't continue. They have a Newmar Baystar. When I called them and told them everything, they were floored! Said that Newmar didn't have anything like 24 hour customer service and they couldn't believe that we got a call back within 5 minutes on a Sunday. They are looking at getting an Entegra for their next coach. I cannot tell you how happy we are. We loved our Entegra experience so far with the Anthem. Today was icing on the cake!!!!!

We are sooooo glad we bought an Entegra! We love the coach, and we love the company. It just doesn't get much better.
jenbeau1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2015, 06:27 PM   #2

Thanks for sharing. I'll have to file that away - just in case I'm faced with a similar scenario. I agree, pretty reassuring to get a lifeline, and a helpful one at that, from Entegra CS on a Sunday.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:34 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Glad to hear it! Yes, Entegra will call you back within a few minutes for emergencies! Very reassuring.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:42 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Great customer service!

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:20 PM   #5

GenBeau

There are several other threads here on the reflector which deal with this issue. I had the same experience. If you find yourself bouncing, the problem is that the coach has never raised back up into "travel" position.

This happened to me a week after we picked up the new Anthem. First clue of a problem was the front tires rubbed against something in the frame on a hard turn. Then the bouncing, and it was terrible! Didn't take long to figure that there was a problem. Called Entegra 24 hour emergency service but got nothing but an answering machine...... So called Spartan, and they answered after hours quickly and laid out the correct way to get the coach into riding height. Entegra called me back about an hour after I got going again. You wont let it happen again I'll bet....

Have fun.... we all have to learn.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:59 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Just as a benefit to all.....ride height is one of the major things that should be checked on the walk around. The "new" dump valves that Spartan now uses are not like the dumps valves of "old" and they do need checking before hitting the road.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:58 AM   #7

The way I do it now, since I had the same issue, is to start the rig and let the air come up to pressure. Then raise the jacks and wait for the pressure to rebuild. Never had a problem again doing it this way. I heard or read that the air valves require a certain pressure to close. Not sure if that's right but it seems to work.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:02 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
And raise the Jacks again. Know what the mud flap clearance looks like after dropping and raising and what it looks like after airing up and raising the Jacks again.
navychop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:37 PM   #9

I tell most of my customers to start the coach build full air pressure then hit auto retract. Even if the jacks are up it will not hurt and it assures you that the coach was up to full pressure when you hit auto retract. The jacks send a signal to the air dump during leveling to drop the coach and during auto retract to raise the coach. However the coach must be at correct air pressure or it won't work.
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service