Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2017, 08:17 AM   #1

D&W Incorporated - poor customer service

I crushed one of my return vents with a slide recently. I went on the DWInc website to order a replacement and could not find a product that matched the one in my coach.

I reached out to them through their "contact us" form and received a reply from Tammy. It was cordial enough, I gave her my RV make and model, told her what I was looking for and supplied pictures of an uncrushed vent.

For the next few days we exchanged emails that amounted to me repeating my request and her telling me to find it on the website. I guess after 3 days of repeating the statement that what I needed was not on the website she told me what part number matched my vent. When I tried to order it it only came in dura-beige and I need white or off-white. (she could not tell me that either) So, I asked how to order the color I needed as I did not see that option. She replied it is not available in the color you have, only in dura-beige.

I lost it, are you kidding me, you think I am going to put one dura-beige vent in my ceiling with 20 white or off-white ones already there? I asked her if she even looked at the pictures I sent?

I forwarded her an email, that she had sent the day before telling me that it was indeed available in white. crickets....

She then had here manager Jay email me and tell me that the product I was looking for was obsolete and they had not manufactured the vent I was looking for in 14 years. So he would have me believe Entegra bought enough vents in the year 2003 to cover their production runs until 2014 when my coach was built?

These people are a joke, I hope whomever is running the show these days is not still using D&WInc!

I called Entegra CS today and they gave me a part number but my local Jayco dealer said they did not see that part number and would have to get back to me.

one vent, one damn vent

this one helped me personally but the coach still needs a vent!
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited(his)
bamaspiveys is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2017, 08:32 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaspiveys View Post
I crushed one of my return vents with a slide recently. I went on the DWInc website to order a replacement and could not find a product that matched the one in my coach.

I reached out to them through their "contact us" form and received a reply from Tammy. It was cordial enough, I gave her my RV make and model, told her what I was looking for and supplied pictures of an uncrushed vent.

For the next few days we exchanged emails that amounted to me repeating my request and her telling me to find it on the website. I guess after 3 days of repeating the statement that what I needed was not on the website she told me what part number matched my vent. When I tried to order it it only came in dura-beige and I need white or off-white. (she could not tell me that either) So, I asked how to order the color I needed as I did not see that option. She replied it is not available in the color you have, only in dura-beige.

I lost it, are you kidding me, you think I am going to put one dura-beige vent in my ceiling with 20 white or off-white ones already there? I asked her if she even looked at the pictures I sent?

I forwarded her an email, that she had sent the day before telling me that it was indeed available in white. crickets....

She then had here manager Jay email me and tell me that the product I was looking for was obsolete and they had not manufactured the vent I was looking for in 14 years. So he would have me believe Entegra bought enough vents in the year 2003 to cover their production runs until 2014 when my coach was built?

These people are a joke, I hope whomever is running the show these days is not still using D&WInc!

I called Entegra CS today and they gave me a part number but my local Jayco dealer said they did not see that part number and would have to get back to me.

one vent, one damn vent

this one helped me personally but the coach still needs a vent!
Michael,

I went to DWI last fall and got an exact match to the AC vents when I added two vents up front. I think the problem may be in where on their website you are looking at for vents. Try looking under floor register vents with adjustable louvers and you should find what you are looking for.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:46 AM   #3

Paint it....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:37 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Are you talking about the return vents in the ceiling? If so, I have an extra if the 17's are the same size as the 14's. If they are the same size, I'll just mail it to you.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:42 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Paint it....
Thats what I would do.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:48 AM   #6

Update - positive issue resolution

About 5 mins ago I received a call from the GM at D&W Inc. Jay Riblet.

He took the time to ask a few questions and understand that I am looking for a return vent that has filter. This was explained to his CSR and it was visible in the picture.

He apologized for the situation, we had a very civilized and professional conversation. Once he understood what I was looking for he knew exactly what I needed. He is sending me one to replace the one I broke and two spares for all of the confusion and trouble.

Thanks Jay, Confidence restored.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:55 AM   #7

more detail

Apparently Entegra uses only vents with dampers and uses the dampers to hold the filter in the vent. Since I have never removed a vent with a damper I did not know the damper and filter holder are the same thing.

So when I was asking for a vent without a damper it was confusing to them. I was asking for one that had a filter holder and they don't make them.

Once Jay and I talked he had the knowledge to know what Entegra was doing with the damper as the filter holder and that was the key piece of information that was missing in previous discussions.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:16 AM   #8

Off topic a bit, but we learned recently how important and frequent the filters require attention.

Our coach began having issues cooling the cabin after a week in a dusty campground. I pulled the 2 week old filters and they were absolutely packed.

We won't go beyond a month, or any dusty conditions before replacement.

Under $4.00 at Home Depot, cut to size.

-Matt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0721.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	173432  
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:26 PM   #9

Did Middlebury say they could not provide the vents? Wonder why you went to the manufacturer or distributor when the company parts department might have been a lot easier. Also, my experience is that the Company prices is competitive with prices on the internet generally.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:08 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Did Middlebury say they could not provide the vents? Wonder why you went to the manufacturer or distributor when the company parts department might have been a lot easier. Also, my experience is that the Company prices is competitive with prices on the internet generally.

Gary
Past experience when Entegra said they would no longer sell parts....Travel Supreme did the same thing when they closed their doors. "Sometimes" it is easier to contact the parts manufacture than to sit on hold trying to get a part number.....In this case it wasn't. I am one that does not have unlimited cell service when traveling, the fastest method is the one I would call also. Sometimes you win, sometimes your loose.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:50 PM   #11

You DO technically have to order through a dealer, but the last time I ordered something (Corvette brake lights that had about 50% failed LEDs in the originals) I got the part number from Middlebury (or maybe it was on here), called NiRVC parts department, paid the same as others were reporting for questionable parts from eBay or maybe a little less for exactly the part that Middlebury would put on a repair in the shop and had it all in my hands in about a weeks time.

I could not complain about any part of the process. My practice will be to call Entegra/Entegra dealer first to get their availability and price before I look anywhere else.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service