Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2019, 07:50 AM   #1

Dash AC Fan location 2017 Anthem 44b

In case this is helpful to someone else. I didn’t see this anywhere else in the forums.

My dash AC quit blowing. I thought it might be the switch or fuse, but turned it on without engine running, so quiet and I could hear the motor running but not running well. So I need a new fan.

So the question is, where is this fan located. Unfortunately its on the firewall behind the generator in a black box (see picture). So getting mine replaced now (if they can get the part before I have to leave) I think the fan itself is fairly easy to obtain from NAPA, we will see on that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	384.8 KB
ID:	264490
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2019, 09:48 AM   #2

Well, can’t get it that quick..... I think that these are standard fans but it appears that Evans Tempcon doesn’t make it easy to source them from a local NAPA.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #3

And for the rest of the story. The fan is actually inside and you have to disassemble the dash to get to it. Here is a writeup from Entegra. Its not as easy (at least in my coach) as this looks because there were more attachment points, such as the aqua hot heater, it was screwed in to the dash cover as well. Plus to get the drawer out there is a trick, you have to rotate something to pull the drawer out all the way to access the little release levers on the drawer slides.

in my case the central screw holding the fan "blades" on came out and the "blades - more like a cage" was destroyed.

FYI

Van Sayler
2017 Anthem 44B
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5359.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	266107   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5362 copy.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	311.9 KB
ID:	266108  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf BLOWER MOTOR ACCESS .pdf (399.1 KB, 40 views)
Old 11-10-2019, 03:04 PM   #4

Van, thanks for posting this.
Question: did something fall into the fan from the drawer? Not even sure if it is possible.
Reason for asking, I ‘lost’ my sunglasses inside, behind the drawer. Found that there are a couple of large openings, one of which has a metal cover that slides around. I put a small plastic basket in the drawer to prevent stuff from flipping out into a void that might cause un-intended issues.
Tom
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem, cat, dash, fan