Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2019, 07:58 PM   #1

Dash carpet

Anyone order a dash carpet for your entegra? Which one and was it worth it?
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2019, 10:34 AM   #2

I have one from Pro Shade for my Dutch Star, my friend who has an Integra liked it so much he purchased one from Shade Pro for his coach. Both of us like them very much.
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 01:55 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Yes we have one purchased from Wade RV (their shop at Lazydays Tampa). At the time (circa 2013) they had to make a template, but I assume there are enough Entegra's around these days that is not needed anymore. When we sold our 2013 we took it out and installed in our 2017. I don't think the shape of the dash has changed even for the latest models.

We only have a cover because of our cats (previously 3, now down to one). They like to hang out on the dash but with it being so steep, I could just imagine hundreds of tiny claw cuts in the soft dash material.

Problem is the cover is made from a short loop pile material. Guess what, Mr. FuzzyPants just LOVES short loop pile material to sharpen his claws. In short order I knew that dash mat would not be looking very good.

Soooooo, then we have to get a cover for the cover. I bought some cheap thin carpet at HD, cut it to the same shape and velcro'd it to the "good" cover. That worked.

Bottom line, if we didn't have a pet I wouldn't bother with the cover. But since we do, knowing what I know now, might have just made my own.

Whatever you do, don't get a cover with a rubber backing, it will possibly discolor the dash material underneath - that happened on a previous coach we had. The Wade RV product we have has a non-rubberized backing and I've experienced no issues with it.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 07:13 AM   #4

We bought our dash cover/shade for the Anthem back in 2015 from ShadePro company. We really like it and we have found that it also fits on the dash of this 19 Cornerstone. I really like the fact that it is the same color as the dash area and there are a bunch of vents holes. The vent holes dont match for the Cornerstone exactly and that presents the only real problem moving it from the Anthem to the Cornerstone. We have had two circumstances in the past 18 months where the windshield while driving really started to fog up and nothing was helping and Dee had to pull it off and just sit it on the floor between the seats. Otherwise, its well worth every cent for it.

The shade just looks nice. Also prevents any hand dirt from transferring to the dash when you are coming in and out. Also the binding around all edges is done very nicely.... matches the cover and looks good. Professional looking job.

Looks nice. Keeps the dash protected from the SUN, and occasionally one of our cats decides that somewhere between the dash and the windshield is where they want to rest or sleep.

I think ShadePro has templates on all major brands of coaches and can make them from the stencil. That is how they made ours. Ordered from their stand in Quartzsite and it was delivered to our coach maybe the next day or at worst the second day.

I think it is worth every cent to protect the dash from the sun....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 07:17 AM   #5

I just bought 1 direct from entegra think it was around two hundred bucks. I've also bought just carpet cut it myself using the old as template and had the edges bound. A lot cheaper but a little more effort.
entegra sw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carpet, dash