Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2018, 03:16 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Dash Envy

Told DW we had bought our last coach. Now I have dash board envy...

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad
RanNan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2018, 03:45 PM   #2

I wonder if that dash can be retro fitted into a non-2019 coach. It looks like it would serve most of the purposes that a Silver Leaf does, although I would guess that a Silver Leaf is way cheaper than the retro fit.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:54 PM   #3

Likey Likey. I love integrated technology as compared to all the 'add-on's' cluttering my dash.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:10 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
I wonder if that dash can be retro fitted into a non-2019 coach. It looks like it would serve most of the purposes that a Silver Leaf does, although I would guess that a Silver Leaf is way cheaper than the retro fit.
It would likely be cheaper to trade coaches than to retrofit. Since your coach has not yet been delivered, your dealer could probably put your coach in inventory and get you a 2019 model for a modest amount above the 2019 cost increase.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:35 PM   #5

That is one sweet feature... brings it up to high technology standard to today... just like the new luxury cars...
Thanks for posting... I have been dying to see that the minute I heard they were going into to cornerstone..
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:50 PM   #6

For everyone thinking about envy... don't forget, at some point in the not so distant future it will be possible to program into the coach the desired destination and the coach will simply...get you there.

A digital dash is fantastic....but the future is actually kinda of amazing. The 2019, digital dash is just the start. I look forward to napping on my King size bed while the coach drives itself from point A to point B. I can even imagine a coach in the distant future that has no drivers seat. Just put an pin on a map and everything is automatic and autonomous...

For the doubters reading this.... just remember the iPhone was introduced 10 years ago. Technology is accelerating. Will you be ready for it?
SteveUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:58 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I was drooling too. So many features I wish I had on my coach.
"If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes".
paparazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
It would likely be cheaper to trade coaches than to retrofit. Since your coach has not yet been delivered, your dealer could probably put your coach in inventory and get you a 2019 model for a modest amount above the 2019 cost increase.

Marc, we had already looked into that possibility. Between the increased cost, about $16,000 and the lack of being able to get what we wanted until mid-summer, we decided to stay where we are. I'd look into the Silver Leaf before going into a '19. Nothing against the '19's but I really don't want to wait any longer or spend anymore than we already have.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:01 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Hello Marc, A 2017 London Aire owner had one installed, flew the Tech in......6k total........but this was the Silverleaf system...........
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/2017...er-381120.html
Looks great! Something for reference if someone is looking to upgrade. Not sure what Manufacture's they make them for........
More reading here http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/silv...sh-286099.html
Old 03-15-2018, 05:29 PM   #10

Well, it’s nice to see what I bought sight unseen.... I like the looks of it better in this than the one pix I saw a few days ago of a coach simply with the ignition on. Hope it’s not too many lights to observe. .

And I for one, don’t look forward to the driverless coach.... I like actually having to drive this machine. If I wanted to travel in a driverless vehicle, I would soon add a couple million miles to my frequent flier airline miles and put $200,000 on my Uber account, and simply sit back and let someone else do the driving or promote my yard man from tending the grounds to driving the coach and cooking/grilling meals, and sip wine or B&B all day.. no thanks!!!!

Getting more excited....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveUpp View Post
For everyone thinking about envy... don't forget, at some point in the not so distant future it will be possible to program into the coach the desired destination and the coach will simply...get you there.

A digital dash is fantastic....but the future is actually kinda of amazing. The 2019, digital dash is just the start. I look forward to napping on my King size bed while the coach drives itself from point A to point B. I can even imagine a coach in the distant future that has no drivers seat. Just put an pin on a map and everything is automatic and autonomous...

For the doubters reading this.... just remember the iPhone was introduced 10 years ago. Technology is accelerating. Will you be ready for it?
My son works in the autonomous car business and we've already talked about what it would take to my my coach drive itself.

I still think they'll make the motor homes diesel/electric like trains. We already carry diesel generators.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanNan View Post
Told DW we had bought our last coach. Now I have dash board envy...
Rex, an RV salesperson I happen to know told me, "We love buyers who say they're purchasing their last coach. They're always the first ones back."
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:39 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
That’s why they do upgrades like this one. I do enjoy driving our rigs and look forward to getting behind the wheel. This is just one more slick feature to add to the enjoyment.

Talking about the future, I wonder how long it will be before Tesla offers an electric chassis for the RV industry to complement their electric 18 wheeler?
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad
RanNan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:03 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Hello Marc, A 2017 London Aire owner had one installed, flew the Tech in......6k total........but this was the Silverleaf system...........
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/2017...er-381120.html
Looks great! Something for reference if someone is looking to upgrade. Not sure what Manufacture's they make them for........
More reading here http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/silv...sh-286099.html
Interesting, less cost that I thought. But that was in a London Aire that already had a bunch of Silverleaf stuff in it. With an Entegra that would not be the case. Also, I wonder, is the Silverleaf dash the same, or functionality equivalent to the new Entegra dash?
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash