Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2015, 02:11 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
I think it is the nature of their beast. When I turn something on, I expect it to turn on. Not wait a minute or two to think about it.

FWIW - the washer seems to do a fine job. Much better than the Splendide All-In-One in my previous coach.
Hanging out at the MH one day I got the washer owners manual out......it said right there in print, there was a delay when starting. I guess I should have read the manual first.

The Whirlpool has the Splindide beat hands down. The stacked WP was one of our "really like" features when purchasing the Entegra.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2015, 02:29 PM   #16
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
We had an earlier version of this same washer in our Monaco - the start delay definitely took some getting used to.

On that machine we found the door switch mechanism that tells the washer the door is closed to be particularly finicky. Washer won't start unless it's sure door is closed. We got in the habit of closing the door fairly gently then giving it a very firm push in the handle area - worked ~90% of the time and on occasions when it didn't we just opened and re-closed. It and our new one always work very well once they start.
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:49 PM   #17

Update--not really

Got the motorhome back from the dealer so we could use it till the Whirlpool service guy gets parts and hopefully fixes this thing. Appears getting parts is a real problem from what I have gathered by googleing this washer. Washer also has a terrible rating. About 1.1 out of 5. Reviews were not very complementary. We now wait till parts arrive, no timetable given, and go from there. New Entegra owners may want to discuss this washer before taking delivery. Will update as needed and as things progress.
cjkroodsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:01 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Did they say what parts were required and what was wrong?
Old 05-24-2015, 08:55 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
I talked to Ted Cook two years ago at the Tampa rally about the less than spectacular performance of my then trouble prone Whirlpool washer. I had it fixed three times (traded coach, hope the current owner had better luck). Each time it was call Entegra, then call Whirlpool. Arrange for mobil RV guy or dealer to remove washer from cabinet. (Because Whirlpool says they won't touch it in the cabinet....unless you luck upon a nice repair guy). Whirlpool shows up, tries the washer and says "yes, it's indeed broken, I must order parts"....because they don't carry them. One to two weeks later parts arrive while you have been tripping over that machine in the bedroom. Whirlpool guy shows up, takes 10 mins to replace same board as last time. Then you arrange for RV guy to replace unit. This is real hard to setup when traveling.

I told him I thought the washer was overly complicated. I just want a rinse, spin, and water temperature selectors. If you notice the dryers rarely break. He said the problem is the finicky electronics that get messed up transferring power and a simpler unit is just not available.

I don't know if it is luck or not, but since I've had my 14 Anthem (about the same length as I owned my 13 Aspire), I've had zero trouble....but then again my Anthem has the Progressive Industries EMS50HWC I installed and my Aspire did not.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:15 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
I've had zero trouble....but then again my Anthem has the Progressive Industries EMS50HWC I installed and my Aspire did not.
Nice explanation Dave.
That is a very interesting. I wonder if those that have had washer problems had EMS's installed?
Old 05-25-2015, 05:42 AM   #21

Personally I think the Splendide was a much better unit I fully understand that most of you guys had issues with the combo unit because it did not do what you expected. However it was field serviceable and parts were available for it, from my end Splendide had great tech support and never once gave me or any tech I know of the run around Whirlpool has passed out with their poorly built and even worse tech support machine. Splendide's tech support was a real tech who would walk you thru trouble shooting it step by step and then arrange for parts. Whirlpool says let me schedule a appointment some time in the future which when it finally happens involves some guy showing up in a van who pushes a few buttons and says it must be removed for him to service it then it sits on our shop floor for a couple hours while he mess's around and makes a phone call. Once he finally agrees it don't work he says it will be a few weeks til the parts get here and leaves. We have to put the customers unit back together minus washer and dryer so they can use it. Send them away while we are stuck with their washer and dryer in our way for weeks waiting on parts. The parts finally show up and the bubba in a van comes and installs them says it is fixed and leaves often without even testing to see if it actually works. Then we can call the customer have them bring the unit back so we can reinstall the washer and dryer. Which by the way barely fits thru the hallway and doors and often is a tight twisted PITA to get in and out and God help us if we scratch anything while doing it.
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:50 AM   #22

We have used our once in the yr we had unit & tried last week to run water thru to fill pee trap & it would light up but no water or anything else happened. Followed manual still nothing.
raceday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:00 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Nice explanation Dave.
That is a very interesting. I wonder if those that have had washer problems had EMS's installed?
Tiffin's owners manual told us to never connect or change an outside power source with any electronics connected. I would always shut down the tv, a/c, etc before plugging in or firing up the genny. I have an external Progressive surge protector that protected the washer and dryer and other items that were difficult to disconnect. I wonder if the circuit boards in the washers are getting fried by the initial power surge when plugging in to a pedestal without a Progressive. I don't own an Entegra so i don't know what your owner's manuals say.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:37 AM   #24

UTExplore, I think you may be on to something. We have had four coaches(all using a power protection device), have been careful to not have anything running when changing power source, and, thus far have not had any problems. JMHO 🚌🚓
Old 05-25-2015, 01:01 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
We all know that bad things can happen with power. This past winter at Pelican Lake, a car knocked over a power pole nearby and the whole park went dark. But first there was a brownout, then power stuttered a bit, then off, the suddenly on again. There was no time to shut down electronics at all or run outside and kill the main breaker.

Luckily people I talked to had power protection (us as well) and the incident was just a nuisance. But I can imagine that sensitive electronics could have fried if not protected.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote