Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #1

Dealers

Hi there, boys and girls. We are the new kids on the block and have a ton of questions. We are casually looking for a DP in order to full time in the future. Right now Entegra is leading the pack because you seem to get more bang for the buck with them. However, I have a question about dealership pricing. RVone lists an Entegra Anthem 42RBQ at $440,000 but the same model lists for about $100,000 less at MHSRV. That's a big difference. On these forums I've heard a lot praise for RVone but listing a DP with price tag that much higher than a competitor seems ridiculous. Lazy Days gets kudos from some on these forums also, but they don't list their prices on their web site and that's a practice I do not trust! Anybody know what gives with these three dealers and their pricing? Thanks. Rest assured I will be back with more inane and annoying questions in the very near future.
Core1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Welcome to the group, you will find a wealth of knowledge on this site. I found that once you decide on what fits your needs and wants contact the dealer and explain that to them and they will try to beat the competitors quote. Lazyday went out of there way and had the best price for what I was looking for. Good luck
rigrunner610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #3

I think you are confusing msrp with dealer price offerings. The $440000 is msrp and mhsrv is advertising a sales price of $100k less. These figures are only a starting point and when you get serious, the three dealers you list will sharpen their pencils and try to earn your business. Kinda like car shopping but with more margin to work with.
Gene
Old 01-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Sent PM. You're making a good choice.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Core1951, like what was said about the different dealer prices. First decide what model, floor plan, and options you want. Then call all the dealers and get their best " OUT THE DOOR " price. RV1 will tell you they will beat anybodys price, but won't give you a price they want. At least thats what they did with me. Then when you get a price they won't beat you will never hear from them again. Also remember there is more to consider than just price. Some dealers are better to buy from than others. Good luck.
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
By the way...no inane or irritating questions ...it is a big decision. I found the folks on this site immeasurably helpful in researching the what, the where, the how much, and what this all means. No better site for folks being willing to help.

I think you'll also find the Entegra owners a pretty helpful group as well (as is the case with Tiffen and Newmar), so ask, ask often, and read the thread deep into the history. Use the search engine on the site as well. if it is a question, it has probably been discussed at least once...and folks are more than willing to revisit topics.

Welcome to IRV2
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When we were ready to order our 2002 Dutch Star I sent a quote request to one other dealer, they beat the local dealer by $5,000 but the local dealer was 105 miles and the other was some 1,800 miles away. I went with the local dealer even though it was a little higher. In the end, it really wouldn't have mattered as I had to take the rig to Spartan and Newmar to get a new front axle and correct countertops.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #8

IMO the Internet and the trend toward a "tender" style of buying will eventually lead to the demise of the "local" Dealer concept. Why? would any business purchase or lease land, build a showroom, carry a selection of very expensive inventory, attempt to support a salesforce......only to have customers come and kick tires, absorb information & product knowledge, test drive and generally take advantage of the traditional business model and ........then "tender" their bid nationwide to the lowest bidding Wholesaler.

If I was an RV Dealer, I'd abandon new sales altogether and concentrate on selling, special/ custom orders, used units and selling my service department. I'd happily let a few Wholesalers beat each other's brains-out selling new units at razor thin margins. I'd work very hard at becoming a certified shop for warranty work and make my money fixing all the new unit "warranty bugs". If the Manufacturers' didn't play ball and support me with prompt &'adequate reimbursement....... their "new unit" customers could drive the thousands of miles to the Factory or the Wholesaler for problems/warranty work.

Since I am not an RV Dealer, I'd probably "take advantage" of the local Dealer during pre-purchase research and then tender my purchase nationwide to the lowest bidder! I just wouldn't complain too much when my local Dealer had little or no high-end lot inventory for me to pre-view or didn't 't roll-out the red carpet when I needed warranty work or after sales help.
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #9

As others have said, the price on the RVOne site is just the MSRP. If you look closely at MHS, you'll see that every price is "discounted" exactly 25%. When we bought our rig we priced LazyDays, MHS, and RVOne. RVOne beat the others by $7,000 and our Berkshire had a list of about half of what an Anthem lists for. We deal with their Buffalo location and they have been super to deal with from both a sales and service standpoint.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #10

Dealers

Thanks everyone. I'll post more questions as I think of them.
Core1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
I went to the entegra.com website looking for a dealer list and locations. It would not show their dealer list or locations unless I filled out a online form. Then they would have a representative call me from my area.

Problem is, we were in Alabama, road traveling and wanted to see (if not buy) an Entegra. We would have driven hundreds of miles to see one but we were not able to find a dealer or look at a Entegra Coach. No I would not fill out an impersonal Q&A online form just to find a manufacturers dealer. I would not think dealer information would be so confidential
Old 02-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Dealer Experience

We found the same experience in attempting to find out where the Entegra dealers were located. We filled out the form, followed up with an email directly to the factory rep who handled customer service. Never heard a word back from anybody - dealer or factory. The end result is that today we signed the contract for our Newmar Ventana 4333.

ereeseas
ereeseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #13

I agree there ought to be a list readily available. However, if you google them you will find several and likely 95% or more of the time the best price will be from one of the big 3 anyway. So if you are price shopping, as I did a lot of before buying mine, I think that you will find one of the big 3(RvOne, MHSRV and Lazydaze) will have the lowest price that you will find. They are also more likely to be able to get you one quicker as they all have mutiple units on order so chances are they have one that will fit your needs already ordered. All just our experience and opinion.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Ann n Gene, I agree with you completely. Google, is great if a person is price shopping. But, if I were a dealer in their network I would not be so agreeable. My point is "why" do I need to Google to find a dealer close to where I am at the time if I am already on Entegra 2013 and they do not furnish their dealer list.

As a potential buyer of a $300-$500k Coach, I personally do not feel that it is my job to search for their dealer to spend my money with. Before I spend my money, I would like to see what I am buying and if I am from Florida, traveling 10 States and can not find a dealer list and locations online from the manufacturer, the red flags start popping up. What are they hiding? By completing this online form are they trying to pre qualify me and if I pass, (maybe) someone will call me? I don't want a dealer from my home town of Orlando, FL when I am looking to buy while traveling in Anywhere, USA.

ereeseas, said it himself. He did the online "here is my personal information" form now please, please, please call me

ereeseas, I am not being criticizing you by any means. You state my point perfectly. IMHO, Entegra, is shooting themselves in the foot. You "Never heard a word back from anybody - dealer or factory" and you bought a "Newmar Ventana 4333".

In the past 2 weeks, we have traveled through 5 States. We would have liked to visit an Entegra dealer to look at their Coaches. We had the time (retired) and were willing to go out of our way to see some, but I will not play the "who are you and maybe we will get back with you" online form game. First impressions are lasting ones. You don't get a "do over" when it comes to accepting my money.

To clarify, Entegra, may be the absolute best Coach in the world. I am not criticizing that since I have not seen their product. I am however criticizing their marketing strategy and obvious lack of pride in their product by denying ease of accessibility to the world to see for themselves. Unless I accidentally stumble upon a dealer in Alabama (for example), a person must complete a foolish online form that promises a follow up with a phone call. What if it is after hours on Friday, and I am leaving the next morning only to find out Monday, morning that there was a Entegra dealer 20 miles from where I was?

I for one refuse to jump thru anyones hoop when I am the one making the decision of who to write the check to. Business is never "that" good when you can afford to lose a sale to ereeseas, myself or anyone else.

There ... I feel much better having gotten that off my chest