Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
dealers

Any thoughts, opinions on Lazy Days vs rvone orlando????????
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens2012 View Post
I have lots of opinion, none are good for LD. Go with rvone if the price is close. LD is a bunch of hustlers as far as I am concerned.
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens2012 View Post
IMHO - this is a bit of a subjective question. I imagine that not everyone will feel that way - in prior posts there seems to be a lot of emotion. Our experience was primarily with LD and specifically with Sharon Harmon. It was very professional. We also talked to a sales person at RVOne.

The dealers have all the data and know what they do to make a profit. I want them to make a profit so they stay in business and all I have is an educated guess.

LD met our expectation on price without seeing our coach for trade-in. We liked working with Sharon and we liked the idea of the Crown Club for the period while we checked everything out on delivery. Others see no value in he Crown Club.

Again IMHO - if you are able to agree on what you perceive o be a fair deal then that is where you start. To us the relationship with Sharon and the CC tipped the scales, but we have seen enough ++'s out here for RVOne from those who made a different call to believe that either one works - just which feels best - assuming you can get to a deal YOU like.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Both are very good. We shopped both and purchased through LD. Neither one was high pressured, but we purchased through LD mainly because of the 100 bay service facility.

I purchased my TS from a private party, but still under warranty. Our local dealer, North Trails RV would NOT service it because I did not purchase it through them. TS shipped all the parts, but I did ALL of the warranty work. I decied for this price I was not going to do all the wrench turning again, so I went with service. I haven't taken deliver yet, but the way we were treated during the "looking" stage was unbelievable. If service is that good, we will be very pleased.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Swenster - I am not going to argue with you. But factually - RVOne called me with the most unprofessional reaction I have ever heard from a vendor who didn't get the business. I guess there can be bad apples in any barrel.

When you are trying hard to secure business, you hustle. Sometimes the line gets crossed. In our case, RVOne crossed it, but that was just us.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
Swenster - I am not going to argue with you. But factually - RVOne called me with the most unprofessional reaction I have ever heard from a vendor who didn't get the business. I guess there can be bad apples in any barrel.

When you are trying hard to secure business, you hustle. Sometimes the line gets crossed. In our case, RVOne crossed it, but that was just us.
Sorry if I left the impression that the sales part was what didn't go well. It was more the service that convinced us to go with someone else. We gave them three tries and they failed to perform all three times. I live by a saying... Don't confuse effort with achievement. Of course these are my opinions only and I know others have had good experiences with them. They have gotten to be big for a reason.
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:49 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
This subject seems to go on and on...my take, leverage each against the other to get the best price...and go with that, and then establish service with whatever Entegra-approved service outfit you feel comfortable. Just too much variability between salesmen day to day I think. FWIW, Terri at RVOne Orlando, did a great job for DW and I, keeping us informed during the "wait". She periodically checks in with us to see how things are going. My follow on customer delivery and service left something to be desired and their service area requires expansion.

My point, get the best price you can and go from there. If you want Crown Club free food and drink while you're at LD for service, then maybe that's you choice, but the reality is they are only in Orlando and AZ. If you aren't frequenting those states, it is hard to benefit from the Crown Club. I've heard both good and bad on service there. Better than CW in any event.

JMHO...
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #8

I was lucky enough to meet Robin my first time into Orlando RV and he is a professional. No BS and straight forward. I don't care about Crowne Club and I'm sure you are paying for it indirectly.
I say call Robin and get your impression then make your own decision.

STUFF IN THE GARAGE: F150, ChevyII Pro Street, Roush Mustang
Jus Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
As usual Dave says it well. Working with 2 or more dealers and letting them know you ae doing it helps get the best price.

I enjoyed the delivery process which took a week so we frequented the CrownClub - a nice way to spend he wait time while stuff was being done.

Since then we've used a dealer here in NC - Tom Johnson - and we're very happy with them

I guess it seems as if there are 3 different dealer topics - The sale which is primarily price but also assistance in the selection process; the delivery process and then service after the sale.

Unfortunately one size doesn't fit all and three is a lot of variability on each interaction. (EG. Service can be great one visit and umm less than great the next.

Tags
dealer