RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2019, 12:27 PM   #1

DEF Sensor problems -- another variation

Have approximately 19,000 miles on a 2019 Cornerstone and until recently, no problems with the DEF sensor. However, on the way to the ECOA Summerfest rally in MA, the DEF gauge on the digital Valid dash turned from green to orange indicating a warning that my DEF level was getting low. Since I had just checked my DEF level about an hour earlier, I knew that only one thing could be producing an accurate low-DEF level warning and that was a break or leak in the tank as I knew that before I started, I was at 3/4 tank. So stopped and checked and sure enough, it was at 3/4 tank but still a DEF warning. So, I added another 2.5 gallon bottle to the tank and filled it right up to the "Do not fill above this line" line and that turned the warning off and back to a green gauge. Drove several hundred miles more and the DEF gauge turned orange again, this time with ~ 80% full tank. Again, filled it right up to the top line and called Spartan.

I now am waiting for an appointment to get into Cummins in Dedham, MA to get my sensor checked and hopefully get one of the 12 or 13 available DEF sensor units that Spartan / Cummins supposedly and get it shipped over-night to the Boston area to get installed in this coach so we can be on our way.

Never got shut down red, but got warning orange twice and dont want to see it again.

If this keeps up, I will be able to write a complete manual of Spartan and Cummins repair shops....

Gary

Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2019, 07:35 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
You are on the right track. Last month, I got shut down with bad head unit and had to wait nearly three weeks for the part. If you can get the part from Spartan now, go for it.

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 02:08 PM   #3

Not sure if this impacts the newer coaches but Cummins has a service bulletin out CR2112 that addresses the SCR issues. I recently had the MIL SPN3610 FMI4 appear and per Cummins that is SCR related. I checked the Cummins site and found my engine to be part of the recall.

Just a thought. (see my post re CR2112 posted about a week ago)

Hope this helps and good luck!!
Old 09-22-2019, 02:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburklo View Post
Not sure if this impacts the newer coaches but Cummins has a service bulletin out CR2112 that addresses the SCR issues. I recently had the MIL SPN3610 FMI4 appear and per Cummins that is SCR related. I checked the Cummins site and found my engine to be part of the recall.

Just a thought. (see my post re CR2112 posted about a week ago)

Hope this helps and good luck!!
I think that TSB is just for 2010 - 2012 engines.
Magic-carpet is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problem, problems