Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2016, 06:14 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Delivery of our first Coach!!!

Our first endeavor with RVing was renting a Thor Hurricane last summer and had an incredible week in the Finger Lakes of NY and a stay at Niagrara Falls. Then spent a day at the Hershey show and have been hooked ever since. After a year of researching we have decided on purchasing a new 2015 Aspire 39E leftover. I have spent many hours reading these forums and have learned so much. I am aware of the TK series debate but we could not pass up the $$$ discount and the Entegra 2 year warranty. Freightliner is a respectable chassis and the box on top is still made with all the Entegra quality.

So, we are flying the family out to Kentucky (Youngblood's have been wonderful to work with) and driving our new baby back to NJ. Great way to spend an Easter vacation. Not sure of our itinerary but may stop in Nashville and drive up the Blue Ridge moutains. I would appreciate if anyone has advice on RV parks or sites along the way.

My main question is taking delivery of a new coach. Beside trying to learn everything about RVing --- whatelse in regards to the closing, walk around etc. should I know???

Thank you all for getting me to this point. Oh BTW is there an Entegra owner's forum initiation or hazing process I have to endure????
Manzfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2016, 06:53 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Eat your WHEATIES, & any brain pill you have. There is to much to learn or to tell you. Just sat back & enjoy the good life. You are in good hands with ENTEGRA. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:06 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Great advice. I have turned into an insomniac the past 6 months reading/researching this RV life. Is there such a thing called a "RV addict"???
Manzfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:14 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations .... just take it slow and enjoy the process of picking up your coach. Realize that there will be things that need to be tweaked .. and there will be quite a bit of "user error" (If you are like me!) ... but all will be well and when things do go wrong, take a deep breath and realize Entegra will get it right!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:27 AM   #5

It has been suggested many times to make sure you have ample memory space on your phone, ipad/tablet.. or whatever recording device you may have...

If it looks to be an overly complicated/important task, record it.. That way you can always go back and watch it for things you may have missed, or forgotten...

Good luck and congratulations on the new RV
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:33 AM   #6

Congrats on your new Aspire; I'm originally from the Mayfield area and in the process of finding our first MH I clicked on Youngblood's inventory last week and saw they had both the 39E and a 38M for phenomenal prices and called specifically about the 38M. Salesman (Gary) told me they had taken a credit app on it but would call me the following day to advise status. While waiting we decided the 39E would do very nicely and when Gary called back as promised he advised that they were both sold. So we missed out on your coach by one day. So we went to the Perry FMCA rally and Entegra was there in force helping NIRVC dispose of their last 2016's. We sold our Airstream last Sept and had been doing serious MH research since, including the TAMPA Super Show where I first met Tadd Jenkins (the Entegra GM) but after narrowing the field between Newmar and Entegra NIRVC made us a proposal we couldn't refuse. We should be picking up our Aspire 44B next week and we're as excited as you. The long hours of research (and sleeplessness) has paid off for us both. You got a great deal on your 39E, congrats!

On your way home rather than hitting I-81 past Knoxville I'd encourage you to visit Asheville (we personally like Mama Gerties Hideaway and don't worry about the reviews, your Aspire will go up to the top of the mountain without a problem) and renting a car to drive the Blue Ridge Parkway is highly recommended. Afterwards you can pick up I-26 North and connect back with I-81 and resume the journey home.

We both have to get one of those fancy Entegra avatars....
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:19 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Welcome

Welcome to iRV2 and the Entegra family jmcarter!!!!

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:24 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manzfam View Post
Our first endeavor with RVing was renting a Thor Hurricane last summer and had an incredible week in the Finger Lakes of NY and a stay at Niagrara Falls. Then spent a day at the Hershey show and have been hooked ever since. After a year of researching we have decided on purchasing a new 2015 Aspire 39E leftover. I have spent many hours reading these forums and have learned so much. I am aware of the TK series debate but we could not pass up the $$$ discount and the Entegra 2 year warranty. Freightliner is a respectable chassis and the box on top is still made with all the Entegra quality.

So, we are flying the family out to Kentucky (Youngblood's have been wonderful to work with) and driving our new baby back to NJ. Great way to spend an Easter vacation. Not sure of our itinerary but may stop in Nashville and drive up the Blue Ridge moutains. I would appreciate if anyone has advice on RV parks or sites along the way.

My main question is taking delivery of a new coach. Beside trying to learn everything about RVing --- whatelse in regards to the closing, walk around etc. should I know???

Thank you all for getting me to this point. Oh BTW is there an Entegra owner's forum initiation or hazing process I have to endure????
Congratulations, and welcome to the Entegra family.

See if can either stay on the dealers lot or close by for a few days so you can work out any minor bugs for the dealer to address and get used to the new coach prior to heading out.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:31 AM   #9
JJT

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations on your new Entegra. We also purchased our Anthem from Youngbloods in Mayfield. We had been looking for many many months and could not beat the deal we got from them. Be prepared to spend an extensive walk through, as we spent 6 hours during our orientation. Can't say enough good things about the buying experience.

Say hi to Rodger and Brandy for me.
Enjoy the new coach
JJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:08 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulation's on your new ride you have made an excellent choice with Entegra and welcome to the family. You have found the Entegra owners forum here on IRV2 so post pictures of your new ride and as others have stated when things go wrong it most likely will be user error and when it's not know that Entegra will take care of the issue.
Good luck and enjoy your ride!
livnadream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:28 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Hello Jmcarter - that is an amazing story. We were debating the purchase and then my wife woke up and said "call and buy that coach today". We also were looking at the Newmar line which is a great coach but we felt the Entegra line was a step up. Congrats on your 44 it is a beauty. Many miles of bliss - enjoy every bit of it!!!
Old 03-22-2016, 06:34 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Yes 757 driver, we are staying at a local park for the weekend and then returning on Monday to Youngbloods for any detailing. Kinda like taking a new cruise ship out for sea trials!!!
Old 03-22-2016, 06:56 PM   #13

Don's advice (757) is wise advice and I see you are already following it. It is a smart strategy. We were at our dealer for 5 days to try to get some problems resolved before we left the lot, and then drove only 35 miles down the road to a close RV park and spent 5 days before heading home. This was our second coach, but there were systems and just differences between our previous Dynasty and this that required some working through.

In addition, we spent a full 8 hour day going through the coach with the delivery tech asking questions, exploring things on the coach etc. Take all the time you need to feel comfortable with it.

And welcome to the Entegra family. Please make many positive contributions to this forum over the next years as you help other newbie's with your new knowledge. This is a great forum with lots of helpful owners who possess lots of knowledge. Return the favor to other new (and old) owners.

Gary and Dee....
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:57 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Do you have your list of questions ready......, write down anything you want to know from how to open the bay door to how to get the stereo to work... They will answer most questions but may miss the important one that your thinking about.....
Tire Preassure
Turn radius
Parking break
How will the heat pun work ......
Etc etc etc
BlueOx Aladdin Toads: '19 Tahoe, '22 JLU, '17 JKU, IRV3 Brake System
mc4fun is offline   Reply With Quote