Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
DEQ kitchen mgrs - where do you store your pots and pans?

I am taking time to organize the kitchen this winter. Last December when we moved into the coach, we put things where we thought was best. Well, with as much thought as anyone has when moving into these beautiful coaches and who has to be able to close the slides for the getting out of the dealers lot! However, after a year, I know there has got to be a better way. So I have my kitchen totally disassembled (gee DH, I guess we will have to go out for dinner - ) and am rethinking where to put things. So, before I move anything, I thought I would solicit ideas from the community. What do you do with your pots and pans?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
All of our pots and pans are in the cabinet in the bottom of the hutch in our DEQ. We don't have a lot of pots and pans but enough to cook the basics. We use the microwave and convection oven a lot. I don't know that we have even turned on the cooktop yet!
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
We store about 3/4 of them in the sliding drawer under the sink. We use an external trash can and store quite a few pans in the unused factory trashcan. As others said, we store the rest under the hutch. We are avid cooks and cookmore than we eat out.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
We cook a lot but do it in the S&B, package and freeze meal's worth flat in freezer bags and take advantage of all the freezer space we have. Then all we have to do is put it in a MW safe pan and zap it. We even do it with pasta though we have a pasta pan with us.

This approach has worked for us so far; our longest trip was about 6 weeks. We were able to package enough meals that we even had meals left over when we got home. The only evening meals outside the RV were some while we were in Boise for 3 weeks.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
We know we will run into the same problem in the RBQ. The Travel Supreme had a pots and pans drawer under the refrig which we will loose in the Anthem. We do most of our cooking on the outdoor grill so many of our P&P's will be going to the Salvation Army. I have thought about a basement P&P box on a sliding tray for the ones we don't use that often and decide to keep. Looking forward to hear what others have done.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We use the cabinet under the cooktop. I think that is where a dishwasher would go but we don't have one. I can get my assortment of pots, pans, lids, a toaster oven and a couple of other things in there. We are not full timing. I do still have things to store, like a crock pot. I still have room in the bottom off the hutch. Does anyone leave the racks in the microwave? They are my storage problem.
Flora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Hung the racks from a couple of the plastic hooks inside the pantry door. You can pick them up at the department store. Fits just inside and out of the way.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
Does anyone leave the racks in the microwave? They are my storage problem.
In the TS we stored those on the bed when we traveled. They rattled to much in the TS. Set them back in the microwave before putting the slide out.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Cheryl keeps the rack in the drawer under the dinette. The plate goes on the bed, but if "we" forget it stays pretty steady anyway.

Frequently used pots and pans go in the bottom drawer of the island. Less used ones go into the forward cabinet on the PS.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora View Post
We use the cabinet under the cooktop. I think that is where a dishwasher would go but we don't have one. I can get my assortment of pots, pans, lids, a toaster oven and a couple of other things in there. We are not full timing. I do still have things to store, like a crock pot. I still have room in the bottom off the hutch. Does anyone leave the racks in the microwave? They are my storage problem.
Keep my P&P in the cabinet under the cooktop too...but I must carry more since I don't have room for a toaster oven. But the rack from the microwave fits in the bottom of the drawer. I put a layer of the rubber shelve lining over it and then load the P&P. Not completely happy with that setup and plan to try a few other locations this summer, but it does work and doesn't rattle. I cleared the large cabinet over the dresser in the bedroom before storing the coach this year and I think I can fit a toaster oven, crock pot and that shelf up there. No hutch in our coach.... I also thought I'd see if I could get a second slide put in that cabinet too. Think there's plenty of room for that.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #11

Pots and Pans are stored in cabinet under sink. Dog food container goes where manufactures' trash can was and we purchased an oval trash can with pop up lid that fits next to the china cabinet as you enter the vanity area. All works!
RARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
What kind of restaurants do you guys eat at that let you take their pots and pans home? :-)
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
What kind of restaurants do you guys eat at that let you take their pots and pans home? :-)
restaurant of choice...spicy New Mexico style chile or Tex Mex. Since we've only been able to find one place (Chuy's in Gainesville FL that imports their chili from New Mexico; located several places), we don't eat out much.

One thing for certain...other than pizza, fast food is almost gone from the menu. Pizza would be that way, if I could figure out how to make stone-fired pizza in the coach:(
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Whew, I spent all day Friday rearranging the kitchen. I'm not quite done yet but I've made a significant dent. I moved the pots and pans to the bottom of the hutch. They only take up one side. I put food on the other side. I also store much of our food in the cabinets over the dresser in the bedroom.. I put a case of beer and the cases of soft drinks under the sink. I store my crockpot, glass baking dishes, and blender under the dining table along with the wine. I have our everyday dishes as well as four place settings of our formal china in the cabinet over the sink. Like DH mentioned, is hen not in use, I hang the oven racks on two Command First hooks on the pantry door. I still have room, I'm just trying to make the best use of it. Considering we are full timers, I am very pleased with the amount of storage available. I would make a few mods to the floor plan if I could. however, who wouldn't? Thanks to all who offered their solutions.