Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2017, 03:00 PM   #1

Diagnostic Code

Just started up my 2016 Anthem 44B after sitting for a couple of months and got the amber engine warning light on the panel. Checked for warning message on the panel and got the diagnostic code pictured below (spn 641). I checked my Spartan app and it indicates the VGT Actuator Controller is out of calibration.

Anyone have any ideas what that means?

Thanks for any help. Thought I would post here before calling Spartan.

Mallory

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1490302789.813119.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	155859
Mwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2017, 04:47 PM   #2

Go to this site and follow the directions to see if it will clear the code via the provided instructions. http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/JC...244_fc2449.pdf
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:15 PM   #3

Doodadd, thanks for the help. I went back out and restarted it and poof it was gone. Thanks again.
Mallory
Old 03-23-2017, 06:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwillis View Post
Just started up my 2016 Anthem 44B after sitting for a couple of months and got the amber engine warning light on the panel. Checked for warning message on the panel and got the diagnostic code pictured below (spn 641). I checked my Spartan app and it indicates the VGT Actuator Controller is out of calibration.

Anyone have any ideas what that means?

Thanks for any help. Thought I would post here before calling Spartan.

Mallory

Attachment 155859

I had a similar warning except it said "Check Transmission". So before calling Spartan, went to truck shop and bought appropriate Trans Fluid. Started engine again and POOF, no more warning. Everything appeared normal. Checked levels of fluid and all was good. Called Spartan anyway and troubleshot what may have been problem. Simultaneously depressed up and down arrow on shifter panel and got error "Bad Sensor". Took to Spartan and they replaced sensor even though it wasn't bad. Best to research source even though message disappeared. Good luck
ButchT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:59 PM   #5

On our Essex with 500 ISM we learned that Spartan codes are different then Cummins codes. Was able to get a reference sheet that cross over the Spartan codes to Cummins codes. Different for each model engine.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 05:51 AM   #6

Mallory, that is your coach asking to be driven!

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 07:21 AM   #7

Matt,
I think you are right. We are about to embark on our annual six month journey and I think the motor home was letting me know to get things rolling.
Thanks.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:00 PM   #8

It's always good to go out once a month and start her up for about 15 minutes. Just get her blood flowing and keep all the lines clear. Any amount of particulates in fluids can become light sediment in the lines and in componants over the years and eventually cause degradation and failure in any engine system.

It also helps to check fluids before starting after a long period in case of very light leaks that lower your levels over time. It's also a good way to eliminate issues before you are halfway between nowhere and anywhere.
Cudda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 12:18 AM   #9

that's from starting it too quick bro, TURN the key to run don't start it til all lights go out even the golden engine approx. 30 seconds its checking the system light will go out then turn the key you wont get it again
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:40 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Before getting the Cummins ECM update I was also getting all kinds of bogus codes, I think the OP was one of them. After the updates I have not had any false codes for no reason. Most of the false codes came at start up at storage and were gone by the time I arrived home.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote