Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2019, 03:01 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Did a Nothing Mod today

The 19 has almost everything mod wise done compared to my 14 that I have really been lax about doing upgrades. It was posted the other-day that the front thermister still needs to be moved out from the wood trim so the front AC does not run full time. Got off my tail and did that one today. This photo is from the 14, this time I stained the inside of the hole using a Q tip. The hole was also filled with insulation.

if you have an Entegra that this has not been done on, it really helps (almost mandatory) to have the AC and heat in the front accurately synced with the thermostat. Thanks to Noel for this very functional mod many years ago.

I used a piece of clear plastic tubing I had, cut to 1/2 inch
lengths then spray painted it black.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-07-18 13.08.13 (800x450).jpg
Views:	135
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	236348  
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2019, 04:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The 19 has almost everything mod wise done compared to my 14 that I have really been lax about doing upgrades. It was posted the other-day that the front thermister still needs to be moved out from the wood trim so the front AC does not run full time. Got off my tail and did that one today. This photo is from the 14, this time I stained the inside of the hole using a Q tip. The hole was also filled with insulation.

if you have an Entegra that this has not been done on, it really helps (almost mandatory) to have the AC and heat in the front accurately synced with the thermostat. Thanks to Noel for this very functional mod many years ago.

I used a piece of clear plastic tubing I had, cut to 1/2 inch
lengths then spray painted it black.

Works well.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 05:22 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Works well.
You know I was thinking of you today
Great mod without a doubt.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:04 PM   #4

Did a Nothing Mod today

Yes I have done this mod too...
Sounds like to me you’re 19 model has it all ... don’t you miss doing all those mods like on the 14? Just saying... ha ha.. it is fun to play with these beautiful machines..
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:49 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
What did you use to extend it out?
Old 02-28-2019, 08:30 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBuchanan77 View Post
What did you use to extend it out?
Last line in the post.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:34 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
Yes I have done this mod too...
Sounds like to me you’re 19 model has it all ... don’t you miss doing all those mods like on the 14? Just saying... ha ha.. it is fun to play with these beautiful machines..
I've done a few, but really not much worth mentioning. Doing this one today, I realized there are a lot of new forum members since this went around the last time. It works so well, I thought I might bring J.H's mod back to life.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:21 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

A good mod for the front A/C. However, it's my middle A/C that runs almost constantly and I have been unable to find the termister for that unit. I have looked high and low and others on this forum have tried to help me. In the summertime, that middle termister shows an inside temp of more than 10 degrees of the front and rear thermistors. ...and it is freezing in the middle of the coach at times...

Certainly a mystery . . . and one I'd like to solve.
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:55 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Q View Post
A good mod for the front A/C. However, it's my middle A/C that runs almost constantly and I have been unable to find the termister for that unit. I have looked high and low and others on this forum have tried to help me. In the summertime, that middle termister shows an inside temp of more than 10 degrees of the front and rear thermistors. ...and it is freezing in the middle of the coach at times...

Going back to 12, I would give Entegra a call. Ask and hold for Jacob, he outside of PJ or Don Brubaker are the only ones that know the older models. That's going to be a hard year to know where it was installed The later classics they were moving them from the floor area to mid wall of the kitchen on my 14 RBQ. Hopefully someone with a 12 will know the exact location.

My guess is going to be along the floor area for that year which was not good because of the floor heat, and heat rises.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:15 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Going back to 12, I would give Entegra a call. Ask and hold for Jacob, he outside of PJ or Don Brubaker are the only ones that know the older models. That's going to be a hard year to know where it was installed The later classics they were moving them from the floor area to mid wall of the kitchen on my 14 RBQ. Hopefully someone with a 12 will know the exact location.

My guess is going to be along the floor area for that year which was not good because of the floor heat, and heat rises.
I think you're right about it being somewhere along the floor, but I have been over the coach from top to bottom and can't find it. They have it hidden really well...ha ha

I think I should just get a newer coach, so I can find that thermister more easily!
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Old 03-01-2019, 06:43 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
On the old RBQ's they were next to the CO2 detectors and hard to see, same color. Not sure on the 12's.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:54 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Q View Post

My 2011 had it in the half bathroom, behind the toe kick grill under the sink, right where it should be Literally behind the grill! The thought was the floor heat but forgot there was an a/c unit. Might also check the wall of the half bath in the hall area, near the floor. There was talk of moving it there, cause as you know, it doesn’t work particularly well!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:10 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
My 2011 had it in the half bathroom, behind the toe kick grill under the sink, right where it should be Literally behind the grill! The thought was the floor heat but forgot there was an a/c unit. Might also check the wall of the half bath in the hall area, near the floor. There was talk of moving it there, cause as you know, it doesn’t work particularly well!
Thanks Gary...behind that grill might be the only place I haven't looked... makes prefect sense that is where they'd put it...ha ha ha

Nice to meet you at Sarasota...
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Old 03-19-2019, 02:56 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just experienced this last weekend (heatpump continuously running). While laying in the bed thinking about how to perform the mod, I had a brainstorm moment to have a 1/2 to 1 inch extension of the base 3D printed. Before I look into that, what is the exact purpose of the mod? Just to get the thermistor away from the wall... to get the thermistor away from the wall and as free standing as possible... to insulate the thermistor from the wall... or a combination of all? If it's just to move the thermistor out, I am considering a full base extension. However, if it's to insulate or separate from the wall, I would consider 2 legs and a "wire chase" extension. Thanks to all!
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote