Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2019, 05:58 PM   #1

Direct TV

Does anyone have any suggestions on how not to be on the phone with these crazy People from who knows where ,trying to be nice ,when you travel to another state to get your direct tv connected!
jjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2019, 06:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjourney View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions on how not to be on the phone with these crazy People from who knows where ,trying to be nice ,when you travel to another state to get your direct tv connected!
Give them an address at the Toms River Yacht Club, NJ. zip 08741.

Then you get the NY network stations ( ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX east feeds ) everywhere.

Then never call again.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:15 PM   #3

Just frustrated on phone over an hour nothing resolved
Old 02-24-2019, 06:25 PM   #4

They have a new process
They want to send a technician out, like talking in a different language, I don’t think they know what an RV is!
Old 02-24-2019, 11:27 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Log on to your DTV on-line account ad try the "chat" feature. Ask to have your "service address" changed.

IF you get connected to a tech who knows what to do, it'll be a 5 minute process.

IF you don't get satisfaction in 5 minutes, just close the chat, wait a minute and try again.

Be prepared to provide a physical address (including county).

The suggestion to change your service address to one in the greater NYC or LA area will result in being connected to either NYC (east coast) or LA (west coast) feed anywhere in the USA.

Take care,
Stu
Old 02-25-2019, 04:11 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjourney View Post
They have a new process
They want to send a technician out, like talking in a different language, I don’t think they know what an RV is!
Follow Twinboat's advise and you will never have to call again. Or the RV resort in Venture for the LA national feed. For true locals the antenna will work in most areas.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:04 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
Log on to your DTV on-line account ad try the "chat" feature. Ask to have your "service address" changed.

IF you get connected to a tech who knows what to do, it'll be a 5 minute process.

IF you don't get satisfaction in 5 minutes, just close the chat, wait a minute and try again.

Be prepared to provide a physical address (including county).

The suggestion to change your service address to one in the greater NYC or LA area will result in being connected to either NYC (east coast) or LA (west coast) feed anywhere in the USA.

Take care,
Stu
X2. See my thread on "A different DTV Story" Worked like a charm and I am getting the local stations and can record vs OTA.

DW prefers to hear the local news - I guess to know where to shop.....
Old 02-25-2019, 03:00 PM   #8

Dish Network offers local channels update via their app, works great.
Jbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:04 PM   #9

Welcome to the joys of AT&T. Best suggestion I can make, DUMP them and go with Dish.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:17 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
I’m at the end of my ropes with (In) DirectTV. I spent 55 minutes on the phone with these overly “complementary” people who all sound the exact same.”Sally’s” reply at the end of the conversation was to try and sell me sort of extended maintenance plan or to send a service tech ($99) to my home. She was clueless as to my location and needless to say, nothing resolved. I’m going to cancel my subscription, rely on my Winegard antenna and make sure to have a DISH system installed on any new coach that I get.
MrBelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:41 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbub View Post
Dish Network offers local channels update via their app, works great.
I stream my locals from home with the app and it does work great, but can you stream the locals where you are located?

I am also one that like to have the locals where we are staying to see what is going on in the area.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:19 PM   #12

First off , I HATE DIRECTV , with that said since AT&T took over all calls are offshore foreigners who don't have a clue about the American dream of Rving.
Dump directv as soon as you can save yourself a heart attack every time you move. WORST COMPANY IN USA ......
hardint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:25 PM   #13

Caution there's a $200 fee for that even if they don't come . Had a hell of a time getting a refund and now after 1year you get a $7/ month reciever fee and paying,Florida tax and fees on a service address not billing address.
BUYER BEWARE
hardint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:00 AM   #14
YC1

IF you are on their new billing system you are sunk. Unless something has changed recently.

Just do a search in the little green google box above and you will come up with hundreds of pages.

I was promised the moon including conference calls. Never happened.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote