Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2019, 11:32 AM   #1

Direct TV local channels, changing address

Just wanted to report that I got this done with only about a 40 minute wait!!!!!!
I had to get transferred to the moving department, but it is done. Now hopefully they don't really mean to charge me..... (they said that they wouldn't)
Van
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2019, 11:39 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hi Van,

Glad for your success!

Did you use the phone or the web chat?

I've had consistent success using the web chat feature.

Take care,
Stu
Old 03-25-2019, 11:49 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hopefully, they wont charge you. They said that they wouldnt charge me when we got to Arizona last Fall, and in the end they didnt, but it took a 40 minute phone call talking to several different people to get them to take it off the bill.

My understanding is that if you are a long time subscriber the will allow you to have a "home" address, and a "snowbird" address, and you wont be charged for switching between these addresses twice a year. Anymore changes in service address will cost you $200.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:42 PM   #4

Log on to your Directv account.....you can navigate around to find what you're being billed for....and you can Chat with billing if there's a problem.....weekday are best....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 01:38 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
Hi Van,

Glad for your success!

Did you use the phone or the web chat?

I've had consistent success using the web chat feature.

Take care,
Stu
As I noted in an earlier thread, I found the chat to be amazingly easy. The agent said he had made the change and as I was thanking him the channels changed. Maybe 5 minutes.

Also best to do weekdays other than Monday.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:59 PM   #6

I used the phone.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:01 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Log on to your Directv account.....you can navigate around to find what you're being billed for....and you can Chat with billing if there's a problem.....weekday are best....

Did they mention anything about charging for changing locals? Have you received a bill since then?
Old 03-26-2019, 06:18 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
All I will say to anyone that has has good luck in changing your service address is don’t push your luck Period. This is one screwed up company since the “New AT&T Directv” and when, not if, they screwup your account you will be lucky if they can ever straighten it out.
Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 12:30 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by C310 View Post
All I will say to anyone that has has good luck in changing your service address is don’t push your luck Period. This is one screwed up company since the “New AT&T Directv” and when, not if, they screwup your account you will be lucky if they can ever straighten it out.
Steve
Couldn't agree more sadly. It is hit or miss so we only change when we are going to be somewhere for more than a week and not even then if we have good OTA.

I have to have an adult beverage, a few minutes to mentally prepare myself and a comfortable seat. I am about 50/50 on easy vs. insanely hard.