Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #57

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
And we, OTH, have never had a problem with the Direct TV billing or service over the last three or so years we've had it.
We have DTV and pay $4.95 for an extra box in the MH. our OTA gets us 10-20 channels for local service when we are more than 200 miles from home.

We are very happy with DTV and their service. FWIW. I'm glad Dish works for others. Competition is great. Bashing each others choices is sad.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #58

Entegra Owners Club
There is nothing wrong with DTV, the subject was the Satellite Equipment installed on the Entegra. It didn't have anything to do with which one is better. If you want DTV HD it does NOT come standard on the Entegra, it's an upgrade, nothing more.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #59

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
We have DTV and pay $4.95 for an extra box in the MH.
You haven't looked at your monthly bill since before Jan. 2011.
That is when DTV raised extra receivers to $6 a month.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:02 AM   #60

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
There is nothing wrong with DTV, the subject was the Satellite Equipment installed on the Entegra. It didn't have anything to do with which one is better. If you want DTV HD it does NOT come standard on the Entegra, it's an upgrade, nothing more.
I agree - but so many of the posts were turning to service issues with DTV or Dish - not just the option issue. I doubt the service is any better with one than the other based on our experience and we had experience with both.
FWIW - we got lucky I guess although at the time we didn't realize it. It wasn't an option when we bought so we negotiated as part of the deal to have it installed by LD. It cost way less than Entegra's Option Price, but we were dealing pretty hard at that point.

Frankly if I refused to deal with every company I've had issues with I'd have pretty limited choices.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #61

So from what I am understanding here. The in-motion satellite dish dome that comes standard on the Entegra will receive Dish Network HD. So If I switch from DirectTV to Dish Network I am good without the Travel'r dish. Correct? Oh, and what is the brand of the dome on the Entegra? They don't publish their vendors.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #62

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
Oh Dear. My Bad. I guess I have to reconsider DTV over that $1

Oh wait - I just looked at the bill and I have a credit for one receiver so I only pay $4.50..... for each of them

But: I think

Old 08-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #63

Entegra uses the Winegard in motion dish and yes it will get HD but there are other issues especially with a second receiver, rain fade, only having one LNB etc. the traveler is a way better choice for doing everything EXCEPT watching tv instead of driving while going down the road. I know, I know some of you want it for kids or to DVR something while driving and it is good for that. For stationary use the traver iSight superior. JMHO
Old 08-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Entegra uses the Winegard in motion dish and yes it will get HD but there are other issues especially with a second receiver, rain fade, only having one LNB etc. the traveler is a way better choice for doing everything EXCEPT watching tv instead of driving while going down the road. I know, I know some of you want it for kids or to DVR something while driving and it is good for that. For stationary use the traver iSight superior. JMHO
Ann n Gene, the op was asking about Directv. The winegard in motion only receives HD signals from Dish not DirecTv at least that is what their website says.

If I am misreading then I apologize

Steve
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #65

Oops!!! Sorry, you are absolutely right, I was thinking dish.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #66

I just talked to my dealer and what I assumed is right. The Winegard dish that comes standard with Entegra will pick up Dish Network HD. It has two LNBs and will deliver a separate channels to the lounge TV and the bedroom TV. What is delivered to the lounge TV will also be delivered to the outside entertainment TV and the cab overhead. There is currently no dome type satellite dishes that will pick up a DirectTV HD signal. Entegras addition of the Travel'r option was to remedy that for the DirectTV HD people. You can also attach a standalone dish via the control center. That is the option I used with my Journey even though I had an in-motion dish. It comes in handy when the trees get in the way up here in the north country with the low satellite angle. You can move it around and find an opening.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #67

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
I just ordered Direct TV for our coach. We are not satellite customers and know nothing about it. We got a basic package but turned down DVR and the second receiver due to cost. What I like is the ability to suspend the service for the months we aren't on the road.

Now to figure out reliable Internet!
We have DirectTV in our Rv and we have had no problems suspending the service for the duration that we are gone. Easiest way to do this is to call them on the phone.

Internet - we have joined Milennicom. Nice service. Their plan can be suspended as well but maybe not for the duration that you require. Call them. They are very service minded.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
We have two receivers and still only pay $5.00 for each.
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #69

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
I just talked to my dealer and what I assumed is right. The Winegard dish that comes standard with Entegra will pick up Dish Network HD. It has two LNBs and will deliver a separate channels to the lounge TV and the bedroom TV. What is delivered to the lounge TV will also be delivered to the outside entertainment TV and the cab overhead. There is currently no dome type satellite dishes that will pick up a DirectTV HD signal. Entegras addition of the Travel'r option was to remedy that for the DirectTV HD people. You can also attach a standalone dish via the control center. That is the option I used with my Journey even though I had an in-motion dish. It comes in handy when the trees get in the way up here in the north country with the low satellite angle. You can move it around and find an opening.
You are correct except for one thing (confirmed with both Winegard and Dish....you must be on the same Dish satellite front and back. The Inmotion can't see two satellites at the same time, and in fact changing the front will bounce the back off the air.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #70
tpd

I just got direct tv also, but had to get a 2 yr contract at $30 a month, and I don't think I can suspend it. Also in the second yr it goes to $55. I signed up in nj where did you ? Thanks Tom
tpd is offline   Reply With Quote