Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2016, 11:09 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al S. View Post
????
Since you enjoying questioning everything I post, I will try to make things easy for you to understand. I had DISH for 20 years in the S&B and in my previous MH. Worked fine, no problems.

Entegra installed a DISH Traveler on my Anthem when I was told I would ONLY get a Traveler for Direct. Before my MH was delivered I switch to Direct in the S&B and bought a spare receiver for the MH so everything would be the same. The MH was delivered and sent back to Entegra for 3 months. After we picked it up and tried to connect the Direct receiver, the Traveler was for DISH. I was now 4 months into a 2 year contract, with the wrong satellite equipment and too late to change.

I used my previously DISH receiver, that I own, and tried Pay-As-You- Go. It was a nightmare trying to change location for locals. DISH still does not know that pay as you go is a mobile RV account and I tried "chat" as others had recommended. Twice they shut my service off by mistake.

Hope it is a little clearer now. I do not like pay as you go. I will either change the Traveler on the MH, or change the S&B when my contract expires. Outside of the football package, I have not had the best service with Direct, mostly equipment problems and charges for equipment.

I can totally understand Gary's frustration as I have now been on both sides of the fence.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2016, 11:17 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, this is why I find it well worthwhile to spend the $15/mo for DNS. It eliminates all these frustrations. You get all the channels, everywhere, all the time as long as your dish can see the sky. Never have to call anybody to change stations or zipcodes. I never use park cable or OTA because it is too much trouble, the quality varies all over the place, and my DVR doesn't record most of it. None of those issues with DNS. It just works. I can set up recordings on the DVR and forget about them. They automatically record faithfully as long as the satellite dish is pointed, anywhere and any time.

This is the main reason I use DTV as Dish does not have DNS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I guess I am lazy.

Now, I have been playing with electronics since I was in 7th grade and am the guy that most of my peers come to with questions about electronics, electricity, and high tech...... So, I am not afraid of this stuff at all. But much of this stuff is still beyond me....

I am sitting now in Mission Bay, San Diego. I have my DirecTV sat dish up, my on-air antenna up, and Mission Bay supposedly has 32 channels of cable including all the locals. When we arrived, day before yesterday, I did a complete channel scan with "the box of many switches" in all the right places. On Direct, I could get PBS on the west coast feed (I am not yet approved for it). I got all but the local network channels on the RV park cable system (wonder where the networks were?), tons of Mandarin and Vietnamese, 1950s Movies and 1960 TV programs (Green Acres ), and Hispanic channels on the local antenna DTV antenna and 200 sat TV channels with no local networks. I had a perverse need to watch the Republican candidate debate last night. NOTHING for CBS or ABC, whoever was carrying it. I probably have 250 channels at my disposal, and not one of them carrying the debate....!! My wife and I don't watch a lot of TV, but we do watch about 5 programs religiously every week and I have been amazed that with 250 channels at my disposal, the number of times that we cannot get those 5 channels dependably. We record them all and time jitter them to our schedules.

And, Entegra has made the decision to routinely install at the factory, only DirectTV Trav'ler antenna equipment (great antenna) as a default for their coaches (Direct in-motion is the default; the HD DirecTV Winegard Trav'ler is the upgrade). Yes, I know that for $400 to $600, I could have switched the Trav'ler to Dish but I went with Direct because I thought it would be better. In a way, it has been and in a big way it hasn't been (the ability to reliably get the 5 programs we would like to see each week). Its amazing to me what I have to do and spend to get 5 programs.

Gary
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote