Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Dishwasher Drawer - securing during travel

I've read the owners manuel and I can't figure it out. What do I do besides prop it closed with a chair? Any ideas? The crashing open and then the beeping is not the way we want our first voyage to go. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #2

Dishwasher

Dave, in the quick guide for the dishwasher there is a procedure to program the dishwasher drawer where it will lock each time you close it and will not open until you have pushed the left button on the drawer. If you don't have it or need help send me a pm or call me at 731 845-4421. I have told Entegra they need to program them this way, but obviously they haven't. It even says this procedure is highly recommended if installed in an rv or boat. I've done this on the last three mh's and it's impossible for them to accidentally come open. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #3

Dave, I THINK that yours is new enough that it does NOT have the lock mechanism. Fisher Paykel has decided to remove that option from their dishwashers, mine does not have it either. Entegra has developed a mechanism to keep the door closed while in motion but mine did not get the fix before it left the factory and we are going back to get it installed in the spring. In the meantime we use an adjustable curtain rod that you can get at WalMart and wedge it between the edge of the couch and the dishwasher, works really good as long as you remember to lift your feet over it when going down the aisle to the bathroom. LOL
Old 12-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #4

Dishwasher

Dave
Beth

Did you get the remote that goes with the dishwasher?

I believe that the remote is the only way to lock the unit while traveling.

I had to have a remote shipped ups red from fisher and paykel since there was not one with my anthem deq upon delivery 2 weeks ago.
Finally got the remote yesterday.

Tom
tvolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvolk View Post
Dave
Beth

Did you get the remote that goes with the dishwasher?

I believe that the remote is the only way to lock the unit while traveling.

I had to have a remote shipped ups red from fisher and paykel since there was not one with my anthem deq upon delivery 2 weeks ago.
Finally got the remote yesterday.

Tom
Tom...we got the remote. I think what happened is Nate "checked" the dishwasher to make sure it ran. and stopped it. Then as we're traveling down the road this PM, Beth used to remote to try to lock the door. As indicated earlier, this is likely an issue. Anyway, the dishwasher ran and "cleaned" all our temp stored pots and pans
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:07 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Dave, I THINK that yours is new enough that it does NOT have the lock mechanism. Fisher Paykel has decided to remove that option from their dishwashers, mine does not have it either. Entegra has developed a mechanism to keep the door closed while in motion but mine did not get the fix before it left the factory and we are going back to get it installed in the spring. In the meantime we use an adjustable curtain rod that you can get at WalMart and wedge it between the edge of the couch and the dishwasher, works really good as long as you remember to lift your feet over it when going down the aisle to the bathroom. LOL
I think we are in the same boat (or RV as the case may be) because I have read the owners manual at least twice and cannot find any mention of locking or securing the drawer. The guide seems geared towards small apartment dwellers or European customers. Dave is going to try a bungee cord until we get a longer term solution,
Old 12-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
We have the dishwasher drawer in our Anthem, the lock button is on the front of the drawer, last button on the right. Hold it for at least 5 seconds, it will beep, release and you will hear the drawer lock.
Tamatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamatha View Post
We have the dishwasher drawer in our Anthem, the lock button is on the front of the drawer, last button on the right. Hold it for at least 5 seconds, it will beep, release and you will hear the drawer lock.
That's the way ours works....sometimes

Looks like another item to add to your growing list, and as Don says "just bring it back and we will fix it" ...at your expense, fuel, lodging, aggravation.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #9

Dishwasher

IF your drawer has the three buttons on the front there is a procedure that will lock the door each time it is closed. It requires no action on your part and it will not come open on the road, even if you lose all the power. Only way to get it unlocked is push the left button.
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #10

Mine does NOT have the three buttons.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Mine has no buttons on the outside of the drawer. On the inside there are options for Heavy, Fast, Delicate, and Rinse on the door with what I would call advance buttons (as in MS PowerPoint) that should move the red light from one option to the other. However, I cannot move it off of Fast. Rick, RVOne Service told me they had heard there were problems with some of the dish washers and that we will need bring the coach in to have it worked on. I'll call David on Monday to see if we can get this fixed with they fix the right camera and the Dometic Freezer/Refrigerator in the basement. Good thing I used to be a kindergarten teacher and learned to improvise!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
You have the same dishwasher that is in our coach that we picked up the end of October. There is no locking mechanism on this dishwasher. If you look at the bottom of the opening on the washer (with the drawer open), you will see a small magnet on the right and left. Have your dealer (or you can do it) place one or two washers under the magnets as needed. Hope this fixes your problem, it did ours (it flew open 3 times on the test drive!).

After this mod, you may have to push the drawer a little harder to get the washer to start....no biggie for us if it stays closed on the road.
macbeatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Well....surprise surpirse...when you look deep into the "quick start" flyer in you Paykill packet, the remote can lock the dishwasher. There is a section on using the remote to lock the dishwasher (don't know why it isn't in the users manual), that when you don't have the dishwasher in any wash cycle (not washing the dishes while you're moving), if you hold the remote down until you hear FOUR (count em, any other number is not enough...continue to hold down), the dishwasher door will lock

This may be a mea culpa...but it would have been nice to see this in the users manual instead of the flyer...guess Paykill ddin't want to publish a new manual, so the attached the flyer.

So those of you with the new model that doesn't have the buttons on front, give it a try
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote