RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #1

Do all new Entegras use residential fridges?

Since I am never in a campground, I use the LP setting on my fridge more than the electric. I was looking at the new Entegras, but it looks like they all are made to stay in an RV park, or with the genny running between campgrounds.

Is my 2010 Aspire one of the last boondocking enabled Entegra's

Bee950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
No, we dry camp at racetracks 3 times each year (Talladega being next). Energy Oil management is imperative - generator use selective - cooking and/or until bedtime, depending upon tv usage. Same applies for 4 wheeling in Colorado.
KilO lO

macbeatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:53 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
From what I have been told by other Entegra owners, the residential refrig is more energy efficient, staying cooler longer and with 6 AMG batteries, (Anthem and above) can run all day without running the generator anymore than regularly charging the batteries when dry camping. I also ordered the 200 watt solar upgrade that is suppose to help. I'll let you know in 90 days if that true I'll look forward to others reports, but for me personally I will not miss my fire hazard NOcold at all.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:06 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee950 View Post
Since I am never in a campground, I use the LP setting on my fridge more than the electric. I was looking at the new Entegras, but it looks like they all are made to stay in an RV park, or with the genny running between campgrounds.

Is my 2010 Aspire one of the last boondocking enabled Entegra's
Residential frig uses about 7 amps when it comes on. We've dry camped with the generator in an "auto on" configuration to come on with the batteries at 11.5 Volts. The generator did not come on overnight, with use of lights and TVs in addition to the frig. I did run the generator while we cooked briefly.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:33 AM   #5

We have, had, the same concern as you about boondocking but after much research decided by adding 2 more batteries and switching the 560 watt's of solar from our current motorhome to the new Aspire we should be ok.
We don't like running the gen unless we have to so it was a big factor in our thought process.
Dave & Diane, 2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH, Toad #1 2016 F150
40' New Horizon 5th wheel on order
https://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #6

When I hit the road, I might not see an electrical plug anywhere from 6 to 15 days, and I take these trips at least once a month. I left that part out in my initial post, so this might clarify things.
Bee950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Unless you are using an AC, 2 hours of generator will likely take care of you, especially if you retain the LP for cooking by going with a new Aspire.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #8

Dumb question from a neewbie.
What is the difference between a "residential fridge" and whatever the other one is/was?
Thanks.
Whizzer60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzer60 View Post
Dumb question from a neewbie.
What is the difference between a "residential fridge" and whatever the other one is/was?
Thanks.
Residential frig is powered by AC only. Either from shore power, generator, or an inverter connected to batteries. RV frig is dual powered - either AC or propane.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:23 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee950 View Post
When I hit the road, I might not see an electrical plug anywhere from 6 to 15 days, and I take these trips at least once a month. I left that part out in my initial post, so this might clarify things.
Just as a comparison, after hurricane Charlie I ran my MH generator 24/7 for 6.5 days powering the MH with both A/C's running, 2 S&B refrigerators, a house dehumidifier and a large fan. Our MH was used as a cooling station for the entire neighborhood, so the TV's were on for news reports as well. With all of that generator time I only used a 1/3 of a tank of diesel. After that lesson, I think could boondock a long time with a residential refig and not even worry.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 10-10-2013, 05:31 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Just as a comparison, after hurricane Charlie I ran my MH generator 24/7 for 6.5 days powering the MH with both A/C's running, 2 S&B refrigerators, a house dehumidifier and a large fan. Our MH was used as a cooling station for the entire neighborhood, so the TV's were on for news reports as well. With all of that generator time I only used a 1/3 of a tank of diesel. After that lesson, I think could boondock a long time with a residential refig and not even worry.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:39 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Nice Chuck. I would be willing to bet the newer ones are even more energy efficient. What size is that tank on the TS? I'm guessing 150 but could be wrong.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:49 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatnobeer View Post
Nice Chuck. I would be willing to bet the newer ones are even more energy efficient. What size is that tank on the TS? I'm guessing 150 but could be wrong.
The TS only has a 100 gallon tank. Wow! with a 150 gallons I could forget I was not even plugged in forever I would worry more about sewage, gray water not so much, lawns like it.

2016 Colorado Z71 PU