Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2014, 04:02 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Does anyone not have a remote repeater on their salon TV?

I am trying to get a Dish 211k receiver to work in the entertainment center of our RBQ which has the sat receiver in the overhead cabinet. Our TV does not have the remote repeater installed and the IR remote for the 211 will not work unless you stand up or leave the cabinet door open. Dish will not sell me an RF remote for 60 days because I just cancelled my service with them after 14 years. The remote repeater is a domino looking square in the upper right hand corner of the TV frame with a blue light.

If you do not have the remote repeater installed, how did you get a remote to work for a Dish 211 or any IR remote receiver?

I have talked to Mike O'Connell, the A/V expert at Entegra and he is looking for an answer. I though maybe someone here may have gone though this problem. I can't believe there is a repeater in the bedroom, but not the salon.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2014, 04:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I am trying to get a Dish 211k receiver to work in the entertainment center of our RBQ which has the sat receiver in the overhead cabinet. Our TV does not have the remote repeater installed and the IR remote for the 211 will not work unless you stand up or leave the cabinet door open. Dish will not sell me an RF remote for 60 days because I just cancelled my service with them after 14 years. The remote repeater is a domino looking square in the upper right hand corner of the TV frame with a blue light.

If you do not have the remote repeater installed, how did you get a remote to work for a Dish 211 or any IR remote receiver?

I have talked to Mike O'Connell, the A/V expert at Entegra and he is looking for an answer. I though maybe someone here may have gone though this problem. I can't believe there is a repeater in the bedroom, but not the salon.
This works for me on my 211.Amazon.com: Next Generation Remote Control Extender: Electronics
Indy1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:18 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I also use to Next Gen Remote Control Extender. Works great anywhere in the coach. Haven't tried the outside TV yet. It is only around $35.00
Old 06-25-2014, 05:55 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you both for the input and sharing an option that works.

Ronny, I see you also have an RBQ, I wonder if the remote repeaters are not installed on our models?
Old 06-25-2014, 05:57 PM   #5

You may be able to find a RF remote on Ebay if you know the model #. I recently bought a new one there for direct for under $7.00 including shipping.
sweetandsour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:11 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsour View Post
You may be able to find a RF remote on Ebay if you know the model #. I recently bought a new one there for direct for under $7.00 including shipping.
Good idea and I tried that first....$116. The receiver was only $99. new. KVH RF Remote Control Kit F Dish Network 211 211K Receiver 19 0571 | eBay

Dish gave me the model # of 20.1 but that is the IR remote I have now according to the ebay listings. Good thing Dish wouldn't sell it to me, it would have been the wrong one
Old 06-25-2014, 06:23 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Not for sure about that but I never had any trouble changing channels in the salon area, but had to get out of bed to change in the bedroom. I am using only one receiver. I can lay in bed and change now.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:41 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Yes Chuck, any type of remote extender will work. I prefer the RF type so that you don't need the IR receiver.
I believe the Dish 20.1 remote is a kit and can be configured IR or RF by changing a key at the bottom.
Whitewater18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:23 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewater18 View Post
Yes Chuck, any type of remote extender will work. I prefer the RF type so that you don't need the IR receiver.
I believe the Dish 20.1 remote is a kit and can be configured IR or RF by changing a key at the bottom.
I was trying to figure that out last night and I was confused. one would say TV 1 was IR and TV 2 was UHF. Then another description said IR/RF so I didn't know what to believe. Then I started thinking, is the 211k receiver able to receive and RF signal? I see on the Direct receivers you can select IR or RF, but I don't recall seeing that on Dish receivers. Any light you can share is appreciated.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:44 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Will this IR Remote also work on other electronic units, i.e. a surround sound system?
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:48 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Just an FYI, I had an online chat with Dish and the 211k receivers are IR only. The only option that will work is an IR extender that Entegra does install on most models or the Next Gen that John mentioned.