Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2015, 06:26 PM   #1

Does it end?

I have had my 2014 Anthem for about 16 months. It has been a never ending battle with issues. Customer service has been great but I live in this thing so I am very concerned that this will continue. It has been a bunch of little issues that seem to be multiplied when I bring it into a authorized service center. Example, my Aqua hot was puffing on and off. Had it serviced now it is leaking fuel like crazy. My cooktop had a bad connection that could have burnt my rig to the ground. I would just like to know that it does end. Several issue to be repaired when I go to entegra for PDI. I may have to take residency to have them all fixed. My last rig took 6 months but afterwards everything was fine. What is the time frame for entegra?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2015, 06:47 PM   #2

On my tiffin 12 months repeated attempts still have same issues and some refused to fix issues. And yes one recall was for improper wiring and I had melted wires (very close fir3 hazard.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:29 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Tony, was yours a Tadd-less era built coach?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:42 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyd51 View Post
I have had my 2014 Anthem for about 16 months. It has been a never ending battle with issues. Customer service has been great but I live in this thing so I am very concerned that this will continue. It has been a bunch of little issues that seem to be multiplied when I bring it into a authorized service center. Example, my Aqua hot was puffing on and off. Had it serviced now it is leaking fuel like crazy. My cooktop had a bad connection that could have burnt my rig to the ground. I would just like to know that it does end. Several issue to be repaired when I go to entegra for PDI. I may have to take residency to have them all fixed. My last rig took 6 months but afterwards everything was fine. What is the time frame for entegra?
Give them a full list of your issues 6 weeks in advance so they can order parts and have them ready. I had about 60 items. They fixed virtually all they could fix in one week. They really try hard to get you in on Monday and get you out by Friday, with two to three technicians working on the coach at any one time. Sometimes they run into a second week if the list is lon or they have to wait on things like furniture to get fixed by Villa after they take it out. Good luck, they really will try to make it work for you.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:17 PM   #5

OMG, 60 items is pretty high. Is this normal for EC?
CS aside, a bit discouraging.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:46 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
OMG, 60 items is pretty high. Is this normal for EC?
CS aside, a bit discouraging.
Most of them minor and cosmetic (or questions about a function an not sure of proper adjustment), accumulated over a year. Whether three or thirty, if it is an irritant, it seems like a big thing. My point was, they got it done and done quickly. And it was on the 2013 Anthem. Then I was a newbie (still am compared to most), so many new things then that I was unsure of that were on the list.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:47 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
And, at least for me, I have never been discouraged with the response from the folks at the factory. they schedule you, are ready for you, and they get you fixed and out. A few have experienced different, but that is my experience. JMHO
Old 04-05-2015, 07:24 AM   #8

QC of the build is our number one concern on our next coach. We are admittedly torn between another Allegro Bus or an Entegra Anthem.

We drove both yesterday. We know our interior/exterior colors, floor plan & furniture for both. We have talked with our preferred service tech as to his feelings about build, factory support , parts availability etc.

We asked upper management about delivery condition upon arrival from the respective factories. While all manufacturers have issue builds some times it appears that the QC at Entegra is at the top of it's game at this moment.

They are heading into a new factory about June 1st which potentially could be problematic however we have been assured production levels will NOT be ramped up as QC is Tadd Jenkins primary concern.

We do not want to go through 2+ years of "fixes " again to enjoy this coach.

Looks like we need to make a decision.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:46 AM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
I had a much easier time, I guess, when I gave up my 2 year old Phaeton in favor of the Entegra Coach....and I haven't looked back. In fact, I'm all in!
Pat

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:49 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
QC of the build is our number one concern on our next coach. We are admittedly torn between another Allegro Bus or an Entegra Anthem.

We drove both yesterday. We know our interior/exterior colors, floor plan & furniture for both. We have talked with our preferred service tech as to his feelings about build, factory support , parts availability etc.

We asked upper management about delivery condition upon arrival from the respective factories. While all manufacturers have issue builds some times it appears that the QC at Entegra is at the top of it's game at this moment.

They are heading into a new factory about June 1st which potentially could be problematic however we have been assured production levels will NOT be ramped up as QC is Tadd Jenkins primary concern.

We do not want to go through 2+ years of "fixes " again to enjoy this coach.

Looks like we need to make a decision.
Speaking only from my personally experience, but a visit to the factory to see your MH before it is shipped to the dealer for delivery would stop most of the problems before they start. It would have in my case and it would have been the best $800. I could have spent. If I purchased again, I wouldn't even consider a "blind" delivery.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:01 AM   #11

I have to agree with Chuck on going to the factory I have had customers over the years that actually camp near the factories while their unit is being built and take the tour multiple times to watch as it is built.
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:09 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyd51 View Post
Tonyd51
In my experience it NEVER ENDS.
(however it sometimes does take a break).

I've owned my coach for 15 years and driven it 113,000 k miles.
My 4,000 mile Dec 2014-March 2015 winter trip is very first extended trip where I did not have to fix ANYTHING along the way...AND I returned home in March with nothing on my "to do" list... (except "normal maintenance" items).

Mel
'96 Safari, 140k miles
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:09 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
On our Aspire, after the factory PDI, we had nothing until we sold it. On the new rig, its been in once for some minor items. A new radio (original wouldn't play the iPod), gen door adjustment, rock chip, front end alignment to level the steering wheel. The new rig was much more "ready" than the old one was. Part of that is the emphasis on QA at the factory, and part may be a better dealer PDI.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:31 PM   #14

My jacks are down so another problem. Tecma toilet issues again, shade problems again, no front a/c or heat pump. But Joyce and crew continue to impress. I would think that the cost of new rigs have to go up to cover repairs. But this is the best customer service period.