Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2014, 09:18 AM   #15

👍👍👍
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2014, 09:26 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisgeiger View Post
Dave,

Request you reconsider your departure from the forum.

If there is something that is taking place on the Entegra Forum that does not sit well with you? -- if so we should collectively (as the members of this forum) air/discuss it and settle on a solution.

We really need each other -- this is not an easy road to travel -- especially for the new families like myself.

Request that you do not leave your teammates at this point in time -- there may be another appropriate season for you to fade off ... Pretty sure it's not now -- request you reconsider.

Curt

Sent from my iPhone
Well said, Curt. We add our sentiments. Sometimes, when someone has offended and our feelings are hurt (and we all have been there), it is natural to retreat. Or, if angered, to just "shove it". If either/both of those things have occurred, after your feelings have had a chance to calm, please come back to us. If not, we will miss you.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:31 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Will miss you. Enjoyed reading some of your posts.

Anticipating your return in the future.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:06 AM   #18
WDE

Some compelling reasons to stay ...

Lot's of folks wish you would reconsider your decision. Your post tend to get lots of attention and contributions. Examples ... here's a few quick ones from page one:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 11.58.14 AM.png
Views:	109
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	72611   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 11.58.36 AM.png
Views:	110
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	72612  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-01 at 12.01.39 PM.png
Views:	105
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	72613  
Old 09-01-2014, 10:20 AM   #19

Pardon my ignorance here, but I don't understand why people would beg Dave to stay? Yes, I've read his post AND he has been a major player here, but there comes a time when we need to go off and "recharge" the batteries.

There are still a number of good folks here with tons of knowledge. And don't forget, all one needs to do is perform a search and they'll find numerous information that has already been posted on this and other web sites. So I say go Dave and enjoy that beautiful CS with your family, we'll survive here and I'm sure we'll all welcome you back when you decided to return. And yes I do look forward to meeting you and others down the road when DW and I go fulltime. Life is too short not to enjoy it!!

-paul
Old 09-01-2014, 11:15 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
After a little over 3800 posts and tens of thousands of reads in this forum, I'm backing out. [ moderator edit ]

In the meantime, I hope that those of you that have issues with your coach will contact Entegra Customer service to find resolution. In the end, that's where the real solutions are more than likely going to come from. And it is now 24X7.

If you have issues with your chassis, then contact Spartan. They too are 24X7.

iRV is a great forum. It has served to educate me and so many others that it seems irreplaceable as part of my RVing.( moderator edit )

Cheers all...hope to see you on the road.
You and Beth can't do this: you have been so helpful and encouraging to fuss new owners please reconsider.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have had the pleasure of meeting Dave and Beth in person. I've also seen how he tries hard to be fair and impartial in his commentary even with his STRONG attachment to EC.

I don't know, nor is it important that I do, what the "final straw" was but I think they need time to have fun with the new CS and just tour around the country being normal ole RVers. Dave has certainly put in his time being a major player on IRV2 promoting the EC brand and communicating his knowledge to all.

Between Dave and I, one of us is an SOB (Some Other Brand). LOL I've enjoyed his posts and expect he will not be a ghost. I'm not sure if he can help himself. LOL

Travel safe my SOB friend and enjoy your sabbatical. I think you earned it.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you for all your help and guidance. Like the others, I hope you will change your mind and resume posting, but you will always be family. If we don't see you again on these postings, I hope we see you on the road in that beautiful CS. You have been an inspiration to many and we will miss you.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:21 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Been wondering what SOB (some other brand) stood for. At least now I know. LOL
Dave, enjoy your time. Come back soon, if you wish.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:30 PM   #24

Reading all the posts here, everyone seems to think Dave and Beth are gone for good. I believe they are merely moving on to an Entegra focused website. I'm thankful of Dave & Beth's knowledge I will and following them at their new forum home base, as well as checking in here.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #25

Dave & Beth,

I wish you would reconsider this decision. While I fully respect your right to back off of the forum, the loss of your institutional knowledge and experience will be difficult, if not impossible to replicate.
I have followed your journey from the Anthem to the Cornerstone and the travels, travails and everything else in between. I have always respected your knowledge, compassion and passion regarding RVs and Entegra in particular.
For those of us just starting an RV journey or lifestyle your experience and guidance have been invaluable.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito. View Post
Reading all the posts here, everyone seems to think Dave and Beth are gone for good. I believe they are merely moving on to an Entegra focused website. I'm thankful of Dave & Beth's knowledge I will and following them at their new forum home base, as well as checking in here.

And where might that site be? For those of us on the fence between Entegra and some other brand it would be great to see what those who "have been there and done that" have to say. Brand specific forums are invaluable to those of us who are looking.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:00 PM   #27

After reading this thread, this movie clip came to mind.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
And where might that site be? For those of us on the fence between Entegra and some other brand it would be great to see what those who "have been there and done that" have to say. Brand specific forums are invaluable to those of us who are looking.
Closed Thread