Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2016, 06:53 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Door side security light 2017 Anthem

Our security light operates as expected on the drivers side of the coach. On the door side I find that the security light when set for motion activated just comes on and stays on.

At Entegra CS's request I remove the door side light an measured the voltage at the three leads. With motion activated I am finding that I am getting 12 volts between the black lead (I am assuming that this is common) and both the red an white lead.

Does anyone have the actual wiring diagram? Does anyone know where the leads from the light are landed inside the coach?

What I am trying to figure out is if the black lead is actually common and which lead is for turning the security light on constantly and which lead is for motion activated. C/S indicated one lead should be 12 volts for constant on and the other should be 12 volts for motion activated.

I went to the Jupiter LED lighting site, but they do not offer any tech info.

Yes, I guess I could take off the drivers side light, but would rather not do that as when I removed the door side light it was extremely well sealed with silicon.

It would also be interesting to know how the switches inside the front door are supposed to operate? Do pushing the center portion turn the lights on constant and the top and bottom button are motion?

Any info appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2016, 07:33 AM   #2

Spartan Chassis
We have exactly the same issue. Please share your findings if you're able to track down the problem.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 05:53 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Still trying to resolve 2017 Security Light Issue

Have been speaking with Entegra CS and have isolated the issue to no voltage to the security light lead on the DS side for motion. What I am trying to find out now is where the voltage originates from inside the coach. There must be a panel / relay somewhere, but that does not seem to be on the G6 panels.

C/S is looking for a wiring diagram, but in the meantime I though I would check here. Problem is anything but serious, just something I would like to have working.

Just a note, the security on the drivers side works fine (motion / security), the Vega panel pilot light in the half bath shows that motion is activated. So I believe it really boils down to where the 12 VDC comes from (originates) for the security lights. Could be as simple as a fuse, but have not idea where that fuse is located.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
Our security light operates as expected on the drivers side of the coach. On the door side I find that the security light when set for motion activated just comes on and stays on.

At Entegra CS's request I remove the door side light an measured the voltage at the three leads. With motion activated I am finding that I am getting 12 volts between the black lead (I am assuming that this is common) and both the red an white lead.

Does anyone have the actual wiring diagram? Does anyone know where the leads from the light are landed inside the coach?

What I am trying to figure out is if the black lead is actually common and which lead is for turning the security light on constantly and which lead is for motion activated. C/S indicated one lead should be 12 volts for constant on and the other should be 12 volts for motion activated.

I went to the Jupiter LED lighting site, but they do not offer any tech info.

Yes, I guess I could take off the drivers side light, but would rather not do that as when I removed the door side light it was extremely well sealed with silicon.

It would also be interesting to know how the switches inside the front door are supposed to operate? Do pushing the center portion turn the lights on constant and the top and bottom button are motion?

Any info appreciated.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:23 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

On the pre-2017 system the G5 fuse panel was used and had those power supplies. The G6 is a newer system that does not use fuses. In fact you probably have 2 or 3 of them on your coach. You see the white reset buttons for some of the circuit breakers but the backside of the G6 has 6 slots and acts as a motherboard for various plug-in daughter cards. One type of these is a power distribution board that interfaces with the Firefly software and assigns channels to the output circuits, very much like the G5 does. There are auto-reset breakers on the backside of these that are commonly used for lower amperage circuits, such as the motion lights. So you won't have a fuse to replace but the circuit is controlled by the Firefly software whenever the switches are pushed on the wall panels or the VegaTouch screen. If your motion lights aren't working you either have a wiring problem or else a Firefly programming bug that isn't allowing that circuit to respond on the G6.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 02:46 PM   #5

Could it be the light itself? Cs sent me a new light for the driverside as i had moisture in it. It is plug and play evey easy to replace.
Gregory0495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:53 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Mark

I am guessing a wiring problem as I have replaced the VegaTouch screen with updated software and had the problem on both screens. The security light on the ODS is working as it should, it is the one on the DS side of the 44A that is not working. Checked the voltage at the input to the light and do not have 12 VDC on the lead for motion on that side. Interesting comment on the G6, I pulled the panel out in the half bath and there do not appear to be any cards on the back side of that board. Further, the wiring for the security light on the ODS comes in there but does not terminate on the G6 panel. It appears to run into a wiring loom and goes somewhere else in the coach. C/S is trying to find out where the wiring runs and terminates once it comes out of the slide outinto the body of the coach, I will probably let the matter rest until they can get me that info, I am just keeping my fingers crossed that there is not a panel (or subpanel) behind the refrigerator.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
On the pre-2017 system the G5 fuse panel was used and had those power supplies. The G6 is a newer system that does not use fuses. In fact you probably have 2 or 3 of them on your coach. You see the white reset buttons for some of the circuit breakers but the backside of the G6 has 6 slots and acts as a motherboard for various plug-in daughter cards. One type of these is a power distribution board that interfaces with the Firefly software and assigns channels to the output circuits, very much like the G5 does. There are auto-reset breakers on the backside of these that are commonly used for lower amperage circuits, such as the motion lights. So you won't have a fuse to replace but the circuit is controlled by the Firefly software whenever the switches are pushed on the wall panels or the VegaTouch screen. If your motion lights aren't working you either have a wiring problem or else a Firefly programming bug that isn't allowing that circuit to respond on the G6.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:07 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
2017 Motion Security Light Issue Resolved

While I had the coach in for service in Middlebury they found the wires for the security light on the DS was landed on the wrong terminals on the back side of the G6 panel in the mid bath.

Issue resolved, took them a little while to figure it out, but all is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
We have exactly the same issue. Please share your findings if you're able to track down the problem.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:00 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Here is a wiring diagram for the motion light
Attached Files
File Type: pdf C2-614 motion sensor light.pdf (31.8 KB, 82 views)

Tags
door, light