Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario-John View Post
I don't know if the tape will work on the Entegra. I was just up on my roof looking to see if all the calking was ok and the roof it heavily textured, almost like restaurant walls.
Your roof is textured? Mine is smooth, as are several other Entegra roofs that I have been on. Or are you talking about your caulking being rough?
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
I give - what is TPO and is it good or bad?
It is a high grade rubber roof. (thermoplastic polyolefin)
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #17

Entegra roofs are fiberglass not TPO.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
And my top is smooth as well. Can't say the same for the "goop" they put on top on the seams...while ample, looks like it was poured out of a pitcher.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Might add...while taping the top seems like a good idea, if for no other reason, it will look cleaner, the "goop" is very malleable when warm to hot. Unless your scrape across a seam your size 13, it would appear to me to remain well covered over seams (in other words, if it is sealed good at delivery, I think it'll likely hold for several years at least). JMHO
Old 12-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
I ran into two other Entegra owners in Santa Fe in Sept. All three of us had 2013s from 4 to 8 months old. That black goo was already cracking on all three. Ted Cook in Atlanta said they found some bad batches after the fact and he offered to have my roof scraped and resealed if it was bad. I think I'll do the Eternabond.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:35 AM   #21

Think I have the same cracking. I know I have the leaks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-330408437.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	388.7 KB
ID:	51823  
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Leaking over door - Things to check

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	51827

I have had a leak over my entrance door that warranty service has been chasing for 3 visits over 12 mos. The problem is it only leaks during gully washers. I can't get it to leak with a hose. Here's a couple things I have found during the service visits.

1. As others have mentioned sometimes there are screw holes unoccupied with screws under the door awning. Evidently Entegra installs the awnings then sends it to paint where the awnings are removed and reinstalled. Sometimes the same holes are not used. I found several empty holes easily visible from a ladder under the awning. Entegra knows about this and is working on the problem.

2. Another cause of a leak around the door valance is missing screws in the trim strip that runs 40 feet above the the awning. I talked to Ted Cook in Atlanta and he recommended checking this. You start at one end and have the service guy pop the plastic insert out and examine for missing screws from one end to the other gradually replacing the trim insert as he goes. Sometimes they find missing screws. The water accumulates in the trim and runs in the holes, then especially on a slope or during braking will run down the wall into the largest holes available (the electrical bundle holes) over the door. I have included a not so great photo of my Aspire but it shows what I am refering to.....
Old 12-11-2013, 05:47 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
I ran into two other Entegra owners in Santa Fe in Sept. All three of us had 2013s from 4 to 8 months old. That black goo was already cracking on all three. Ted Cook in Atlanta said they found some bad batches after the fact and he offered to have my roof scraped and resealed if it was bad. I think I'll do the Eternabond.
Dave, I totally agree with your statement. Why have to be constantly climbing on the roof to inspect the caulking for cracks. Dicor is like concrete, it will crack, it's just a matter of when.. My TS manual said the roof seams should be maintained annually.

Thank you for sharing the missing screw locations and where to look.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:19 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
The picture I had available only shows the last 15 ft of my RV. Realize that trim strip goes about 40 ft and ends up forward of the entrance door. I'm guessing a person could have a leak at the front left side of the RV caused by that same type strip on the left side....maybe a driver's window area leak?
Old 12-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyinWP View Post
Think I have the same cracking. I know I have the leaks.
Mine looked just like this but on the drivers side and it leaked. I had it corrected in the shop, the service tech resealed everything and there is no more leak. Mine was like that from delivery; when I spoke to Entegra, they stated that the cap can move. It looked like the cap moved and the seam cracked rather than the seam cracked because you can see unprinted fiberglass on the cap.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:14 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
All this discussion of leaks here and in the Eternabond thread....and we had our door leak early on the that the folks at Entegra fixed Valance over the door. We have a few outward appearing cracks in the black goo on the roof, but they don't leak. So I'l probably Enternabond the roof.

That said, though, we've probably had 3 inches of rain during this past twelve hours of and an earlier similar monsoon...no leaks! About the only residual is I know I need to get out and push the water off the slide toppers as they are sagging.