Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2015, 06:03 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Here are some pictures of my tie downs.
I go to the handlebars with soft ties for the main, and to the frame in front of the engine for secondary. This is very solid and have had no problems since adapting this method.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	450.7 KB
ID:	84741  
Whitewater18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2015, 08:35 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Joe, what are you attached to in the back?
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:23 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewater18 View Post
I go to the handlebars with soft ties for the main, and to the frame in front of the engine for secondary. This is very solid and have had no problems since adapting this method.
Joe,

Nice setup and frigging ride!!!!! You've got exactly what I'm looking for, except I'll be lifting a 2013 Road Glide Ultra. My assumption is that the rear of the bike is tied down too the saddlebag guard / support?

What do you to behind your coach?

-paul
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:55 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanz View Post
Joe,

Nice setup and frigging ride!!!!! You've got exactly what I'm looking for, except I'll be lifting a 2013 Road Glide Ultra. My assumption is that the rear of the bike is tied down too the saddlebag guard / support?

What do you to behind your coach?

-paul
Dave & Paul,
Just simple loop straps from the saddlebag supports to the rear tie down points on the HL. Only needs to hold down the back of the bike, and provide some secondary support. The 4 straps up front do almost all the work. I didn't like using the passenger foot pegs because they are too far forward to offer good straight down pressure.

After getting so real scares on the CA roads, I've adapted this tie down method and found it extremely solid.

I pull a full size pickup with my KTM dual-sport bike in the bed.

Dave, I'd love to see pics of how you tie down your harley.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:00 AM   #33

Quote:
Dave & Paul,
Just simple loop straps from the saddlebag supports to the rear tie down points on the HL. Only needs to hold down the back of the bike, and provide some secondary support. The 4 straps up front do almost all the work. I didn't like using the passenger foot pegs because they are too far forward to offer good straight down pressure.

After getting so real scares on the CA roads, I've adapted this tie down method and found it extremely solid.

I pull a full size pickup with my KTM dual-sport bike in the bed.

Dave, I'd love to see pics of how you tie down your harley.
Definitely love the setup, Joe. Looks like you have the wheel Chock and forward tie down as options? Anything else?

Where did you have the HL installed?

Dave, if you have any pictures showing how you tie down your HD I'd like to see them also...

-paul
Old 02-01-2015, 07:37 AM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
I like how you've positioned the straps and all. Next time I tie mine down, I'm going to look to do the same. I've had no issues with my current approach but as I mentioned, never drove in CA either.

There were no instructions with this thing to demonstrate the best tie-down technique so I appreciate being able to see others approach and experiences of how well things can be held down.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:48 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Joe,

Don't have pics right now, but similar up front. I do cross the ties to the from frame. Hadn't thought about the bag supports in back but agree with you thoughts, even though the HD folks say that is where they attach in back. On the other hand, I broke a rear peg bolt on a CA highway. Just sheared right off.

I'll have to look at the rear bag supports...your a couple years newer and a different model, but it looks like you come straight down to the cross bar rather than the hole at the end.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:44 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Joe,

Don't have pics right now, but similar up front. I do cross the ties to the from frame. Hadn't thought about the bag supports in back but agree with you thoughts, even though the HD folks say that is where they attach in back. On the other hand, I broke a rear peg bolt on a CA highway. Just sheared right off.

I'll have to look at the rear bag supports...your a couple years newer and a different model, but it looks like you come straight down to the cross bar rather than the hole at the end.
Dave - I would assume that you should be able to tie to the bottom of the crash bar in front of the saddlebag on your Ultra? You might even be able to grab the swing arm also.

-paul
Old 02-01-2015, 12:04 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Referring to the back...front I do the same as Joe.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:58 AM   #38

Quote:
Referring to the back...front I do the same as Joe.
So wasn't I.....
Old 02-02-2015, 09:57 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
If you're talking the chrome around the bags, they will bend...found that out when I sheared the peg off and attached to the crash protection around the hard bags.

I haven't looked under the bags for attachment points.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:07 AM   #40

Quote:
If you're talking the chrome around the bags, they will bend...found that out when I sheared the peg off and attached to the crash protection around the hard bags.

I haven't looked under the bags for attachment points.
How 'bout the swing arm? Can you get to this?
Old 02-03-2015, 09:42 AM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
I go to the bag support with only a cam strap. I looked at getting to the swing-arms, or axle. Couldn't be done on my bike. I don't really like going to the bag supports, however haven't found anywhere better. I would not use a ratcheting strap to the support. I think it would bend it.
The main strength is in the front tie downs. The main ones go to the handlebars via soft tie extensions. The higher the attachment point, the more stabile the bike will be. The tie downs to the frame additionally stabilizes the bike pulling it into the wheel choke, and provide secondary upright support.
While I have the front wheel chalk for the HL, I took off the rear part because I didn't like rolling over it. If I get around to figuring out how to mount a Wheeldock to the HL rail, that would be the best.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:59 AM   #42
OWV

Golf Cart Lift

Has anyone had any experience with a Hydra-lift, Cruiser Lift or Mighty Hauler to carry a golf cart? Truth be told, I really don't want to carry a golf cart, but what I am looking for is stable platform that I can install a cargo box on that would probably weigh about 500 pounds when fully loaded. I want the ability to lift the lift the platform up to minimize dragging it when we are on roads with Dave's hoop de doos, but also put it down flat on the ground so I can roll the box off for those times when I need to get to the engine compartment for something more than just checking oil. And, I want to be able to tow our jeep wrangler. The hydra lift seems like it is probably the best, but it might be overkill for my application and for sure a bit more than I would like to spend. So, that brings me to the Cruiser Lift or the Mighty Hauler. Any thoughts?

Regards,
2019 & 2014 Anthems
OWV is offline   Reply With Quote