Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2018, 04:53 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
EC TV expert needed!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3326.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	219564. After repairing main TV mount in ‘15 CS, seems IR things won’t turn TV on or off or Bose sound bar. Digging around trying to figure this maze of wires and now can’t get Dish network to come up at all. I believe the HDMI cable was plugged into HDMI input on Dis VIP211 box, but won’t swear to that. Plugging it in says no HDMI2 signal. I don’t see another female HDMI plug in there other than the HDMI1 to the Blue Ray player. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3324.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	607.3 KB
ID:	219565. All IR cables seem to be plugged in. Any ideas where the HDMI cable goes???
TurboDaveTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2018, 05:15 PM   #2

Hdmi cable goes to the out put of your receiver. Also check the hdmi switch (above your basement freezer) try unplugging it for a few minutes (mine went out on me awhile back)
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:16 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks, Tom! I pulled HDMI 2 out of Dish VIP211 box when t pulled it out. I thought that was here it went and it is plugged back in. I found the HDMI switch right where you said it was. Unplugged it for a few minutes and plugged it back in. Will check it out. Have you ever had a problem with those IR receivers? That was the problem I was trying to fix! It would not turn on Main TV or Bose.
TurboDaveTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:12 PM   #4

The ir repeater is clunky i took the transmitter off the Bose and now use the directv(universal)remote to turn it on.i imagine dish also has a universal programmable remote, it is much easier.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:10 AM   #5

Dave, I’d suggest changing the HDMI cable with another known good cable. It’s quite easy to accidentally destroy on of the HDMI ends (don’t ask me how I know that!)

Regarding the other devices controlled by the IR system, ensure the IR eyes haven’t been moved from their original locations. Every time I’ve had an issue with one of these systems, it’s been because I accidentally moved the eye away from the desired location.

I hope this helps,

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:45 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Question, I have had a couple of the IR's come off their intended locations. Now they won't stay on, what is used to attach the IR ends to their spots?
jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:20 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhobbs54 View Post
Question, I have had a couple of the IR's come off their intended locations. Now they won't stay on, what is used to attach the IR ends to their spots?
I used a small piece of double sided tape.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Dab of super glue. It's much better to get/set the remote to RF and not screw with trying to use the IR.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:26 AM   #9

Quote:
I found it easier to buy new ir transmitters very cheep on amazon.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:50 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
On my old 211k I purchased one of these and converted the IR remotes to RF remotes and I had so much trouble with the factory install IR eye. It worked great, I could even use the remote for the outside TV https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote