Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2017, 08:46 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
EEZ tire

EEZ tire let us and our tire down! Outside passenger drive tire went down to 12 lbs with no indication from eez tire monitor. A Visually low inspection at a rest stop was all I had after sloppy feeling on soft shoulders. It looked low and I checked pressure ..12lbs! Went directly to a Loves's tire center and they found and replaced a leaking tire stem that was incorrectly installed. Thanks Spartan! TPM's are no longer appreciated here and I will check pressures myself. If you think about it a blowout is obvious and we have double TYRON's on the 365 fronts. Check your pressures! I removed the eez tire sensor from that tire, placed it on the dash and no indication...6 months old! By the way Thanks to Lazy Days RV and our Service adviser Christina Coker for taking care of our recalls, tech bulletins and us after chasing our Dealer for 7 months!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2017, 08:49 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
what was the sensor reading when the tire went that low? No low pressure warning?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:49 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurninDiesel View Post
EEZ tire let us and our tire down! Outside passenger drive tire went down to 12 lbs with no indication from eez tire monitor. A Visually low inspection at a rest stop was all I had after sloppy feeling on soft shoulders. It looked low and I checked pressure ..12lbs! Went directly to a Loves's tire center and they found and replaced a leaking tire stem that was incorrectly installed. Thanks Spartan! TPM's are no longer appreciated here and I will check pressures myself. If you think about it a blowout is obvious and we have double TYRON's on the 365 fronts. Check your pressures! I removed the eez tire sensor from that tire, placed it on the dash and no indication...6 months old!
Was that sensor broadcasting any PSI???
Old 01-11-2017, 08:54 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
The sensors were preset at installation by NIRVC for 70- 95 PSI alarm range on drive tires. No indication of failure.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:58 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurninDiesel View Post
The sensors were preset at installation by NIRVC for 70- 95 PSI. Zero indication of failure.
The wheel sensors give a PSI reading for each tire every minute if the monitor is turned on. Was that sensor giving a reading? Or was that wheel blank on the monitor?
Old 01-11-2017, 09:04 PM   #6

Ralph, I think we understand the alarm didn't sound.

A very relevant question has been asked.

What was the TPMS sensor for the specific wheel reporting just prior to your discovery?

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:07 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Do you look at your monitor or just rely on he audio alarm? What pressure did the failed sensor show when you stopped?
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:16 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
As I was told by NIRVC during a very fast delivery, and piss poor PDI all the tires were preset for alarms only if they went out of "preset" Range and never had minute PSI and I was handed a hand written card with "presets" according to axle weights performed by Nirvc and by their installer. Don't get me started. EEZ tire is off! Now!
Old 01-11-2017, 09:41 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I have never had a pressure sensor PSI by minute per tire nor instructed I would have. I was only instructed if a preset went out of range that an alarm would sound. My stupid? I have had two strokes since Delivery and adjusting to the learning curve and I'm an educated Engineer but there have been some very trying times getting to understand all the trial by fire! I have learned to not lay back and expect the service I have on say my Porsche and I have learned to wake up again and take this Coach on myself it is just an adjustment that has taken me aback after $550,000 that I thought I could slack off a little. Evidently not. I'll get there now.Thanks for all your help guys!
Old 01-11-2017, 10:09 PM   #10

Ralph, I'm glad we are talking about our toys (and that is what these things really are).

My father recently passed from a massive stroke, so that sort of thing hits close to home for me. I hope you are recovering well.

I commend you for realizing things didn't feel right, and looking into it. Well done on sensing a problem.

While I understand your frustration that something didn't provide the help you expected, it is possible something wasn't quite right.

I would suggest taking a few moments and reading through the EEZ Owners Manual to digest the basics. Once this is done, we can help you ensure things are set correctly.

That system is a well regarded TPMS, and what you're describing could be related to how the sensor was mounted.

I had a TPMS system that would slowly deflate the inner dual over time. I never had a pressure problem, except with the TPMS installed. Evidently, the rear dual valve stem extension didn't mate up correctly with the sensor, allowing air to escape.

With that being said, most feel better having a TPMS system functional, and many have saved tires, or an accident using a TPMS.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:29 AM   #11

I have the EZEE TPMS and your system absolutely will give a constant rolling readout of all tires pressure and temperature. Something is not set correctly. We have used this system on our previuos coach and transferred to our Anthem.
TPMS is in my opinion a must have system not only for the coach but toad as well.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:43 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Ralph, it sounds more like dealer error and not the fault of the pressure monitor system. I am a pretty fair mechanic (Air Force trained jet mechanic) and it took me two setups of my EEZ system to understand and get it working to what I though was 100% I don't think it is a plug and play system system from someone else installing it and saying here you go.

JMO, but I would look more at the installation than the EEZ system itself. I have also found moving up from an old "hand crank" Travel Supreme, I have to slow down and learn all of the new systems on the Entegra. Thanks to the teachers on this forum, they have been a big help. Even the post on setting the EEZ was a big help.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:00 AM   #13

We have been using the EEZ system for 2 years and have had no issues. It shows the air pressure and temperature at each of the wheels as it rotates thru the various positions (about every 6 seconds). I suspect you had a bad install as it can be kind of tricky. Be sure and watch that low tire as you may have damaged it. I would reinstall the sender for sure and keep a close eye on that tire.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:44 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you all for the input. I agree the install and operating instructions were rather rushed along with everything else and that is how I went with it. A constant readout, silently is what I desired and "Never had". The tire was dismounted and inspected by a Michelin Dealer with paperwork. The valve stem had totally failed. Keep in mind we were home for 45 days and this problem showed itself 2 days out on our current voyage. We will be back at our home base at the end of this month and I "will" contact EEZ tire and find a solution. Promise. Hopefully this has helped someone else that has had a bad install. Thanks again my friends!