Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2019, 02:32 PM   #239

I ordered a Vtuvia SF-20 today so we’ll see when that comes in and how it performs. Luckily I put the order in before the price went up. I’m not sure if the price increase is tariff related or just supply and demand.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2019, 03:00 PM   #240

Entegra Owners Club
Glad you found the one you wanted Ed. It's been a fun project during the stay at home, Fl heat this summer, researching the different ebikes. I have talked with a few of the companies and tariffs seem to be part of it, but most were coming in at low prices trying to break into this hot market while it is hot. Price increases are coming becasue they made their market share goal. However the next new one is probably just around the corner with more new improvements. Look forward to hearing about yours.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:21 PM   #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
What a smoking deal at Gander Mountain. Was this one of the stores that did not change to Gander Outdoors when they were purchased by Camping World? What a great thing you passed on.
Researching all of the "good deal" folding ebikes, they all seem to be backordered. They must be one of the hottest thing going this year as it is not just one company. The Carbo with the carbon fiber frame and top on the line components looks to be awesome. Look forward to hearing about that, I can see where it would fit a lot of peoples needs
I know I called it Gander Mountain, but that was because my brain is even older than the store, sorry. They had actually closed the store for nearly a year until the buyout. The store now has Camping World and Overton's stuff in it and even some travel trailers and a class B inside, but I guess bikes are on their way out. That was a smoking deal I got for sure. I charged the battery last night and rode it this morning. I bought it for quick exercise that I could ride in street shoes and for that it was the right move. However, I do kind of just like the throttle control that the Prodecotechs have better than the on-demand system of the Bosch as it makes dialing in how much assist you want very easy. I still have some of my old high performance non-e bikes and I have to say that they actually are easier to pedal and go faster than the Fuji ebike. They were far more expensive so I can't let them out of my sight and I haven't put flat pedals on them so I can ride without having to wear bike shoes, so I am still happy with my decision to snag that deal. For years I rode 50 miles or more every day, now I have no excuse to not get back out there.
New to this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 07:14 AM   #242

Entegra Owners Club
Don't you know I Google "Gander Outdoor" as soon as I read your post. Camping World just went through a large expansion in Ft Meyers, but sad to say they did not add a Gander Outdoors. I would have been over there is a heart beat.
When they were closed for year during the transition, overnight camping was welcome on their web site and the parking lots were kept in great shape and lighted. Most that we stayed at had local police patrols at night. It was great while it lasted.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:17 AM   #243

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Ed, I just ordered one of these and two helmets. The helmets were a few $'s off with the Prime sale going on today. This popped up as a suggested item, it looked good to me. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sent this joke for a lock back. Thank TAJ for letting me know it was junk. The locking shaft is plastic and can be snapped open by stepping on it with your foot, or prying it open with a stick and the locking shaft will snap. No tools required. Last time I will buy an "Amazon's Choice" without researching first. That experience was a joke and lesson learned.

I have been watching the different lock video on Youtube. It is amazing what you think is a great lock how easy the thieves can get into them. I will probably go with a U lock that takes the most amount of tools to open and the easiest to carry. Some expensive U locks can be opened with an ink pen. Youtuble the lock you are thinking of getting. The thieves for sure have watched the videos.
Old 08-10-2019, 12:48 PM   #244

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
https://www.treehugger.com/bikes/stu...lar-bikes.html
Old 08-11-2019, 06:36 PM   #245

So after much deliberation and research I finally decided on a Vtuvia SF-20, 500 Watt bike. My basic criteria was a 20 inch, foldable, step-through bike. Next in importance for me was lights, both front and rear, along with fenders and a very strong battery. Additionally I wanted a functioning brake light in the rear and I didn’t want to wait for months on end for the bike.

The bike arrived on Thursday, just in time for me to be tied up helping my daughter move into her new home. Eventually I got the opportunity to actually put the bike together. For someone like me who is not mechanically inclined and whose last bike experience was with a Western Flyer bike that had one speed so I didn’t have any real experience with modern day bikes. Add to the rather interesting translation from Chinese to English and the assembly was a bit of a challenge, but even a mechanical dummy can do it so I wouldn’t let that dissuade me from a purchase.

I have only ridden the bike directly around my house, but it did not disappoint. It has plenty of oomph and moves my stocky frame around pretty well. I think I have found the best bike for my needs and it was well within the price point that I was looking for. If anyone is interested in that particular bike, pm me and I can give you more info on a source that is better than Amazon.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:28 AM   #246

Entegra Owners Club
Congrats Ed. Glad the Vtuvia SF-20 was what you were looking for. You sure did your due diligent making it easier for someone looking for that type of bike. Finding the source you did was another great piece homework and you beat my 2 month wait.

Our Lectric eBikes are "due" to ship tomorrow, but I have not heard if they are on time or not. I think there are a few others on the forum that are also on the early Aug ship date.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:25 AM   #247

Of course, now that the bike is purchased we have the issue of the needed accessories. Helmet, locks, tools, etc., all add to the cost of the unit. The lock folks tell you that you need to spend 10% of the cost of your bike on locks. With an e-bike that also means protecting the battery so it isn't just a lock but locks in the plural.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:39 AM   #248

Entegra Owners Club
Ed, I have been researching locks on Youtube. You cannot believe how easy some of the more expensive locks can be broken into with just and Bic pen if they have the barrel type key. Of all the videos I have watch the U lock seem to slow the thieves down the most. I don't plan on ever being in a metropolitan area to worry about tool carrying thieves. Walmart in my area has a good selection of the good U locks and a good selection of cables lower than Amazon's prices. That was a surprise. They also had a good selection of BELL helmets. Watching a few videos was a big help for me on what to look for on lock quality
Old 08-14-2019, 09:21 AM   #249

For those of you who have the foldable bikes I'd be curious about how you handle a particular problem. When you put your bikes in the back of your toad, how do you keep them upright. Mine flopped over on the chain side at my first turn. Do you bungee cord them or what?
Old 08-14-2019, 10:17 AM   #250
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
I carry ours in a Jeep so I use a strap to the roll bar. I also have some heavy quilts that wrap around them.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:28 AM   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spk64 View Post
I carry ours in a Jeep so I use a strap to the roll bar. I also have some heavy quilts that wrap around them.
Thanks for the quilt suggestion. I didn't think of the most obvious idea of a quilt or blanket.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:28 AM   #252

I got a pack of the snap together 24x24 foam floor tiles from the box store - the kind they use under kids play equipment. They make great padding between the bikes and between the bikes and the storage bay. Figure out which way they want to go, put padding in the right place, and then store them so that they are already laying down. I've also got a couple of telescoping heavy curtain rods that I insert against them to keep the bikes from moving.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric