Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2019, 06:12 PM   #337

Entegra Owners Club
I should have clarified that, I was only shopping for fat tire foldables. I don't think I saw one the was peddle assist only.
I can understand your local stores are going to carry bikes that comply with local laws.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2019, 06:43 PM   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard5933 View Post
Not sure where you were comparison shopping, but in all the actual bricks-and-mortar stores I've been too most of the eBikes are pedal assist. At least in Wisconsin. Online I've seen both in equal numbers.

As far as I know, the Bosch mid-drive system doesn't even offer a throttle option. Maybe that's why I see more without throttles - I was focused on Bosch's system when I searched.
We have two Bosch mid drive bikes and they both have throttle only in addition to pedal assist. I am thankful for the throttle only. It gives me peace of mind that if my back starts acting up I can just use the thumb throttle to get me home or a place where I can stretch/rest.

Steve
Old 08-25-2019, 07:00 PM   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by photraveller View Post
We have two Bosch mid drive bikes and they both have throttle only in addition to pedal assist. I am thankful for the throttle only. It gives me peace of mind that if my back starts acting up I can just use the thumb throttle to get me home or a place where I can stretch/rest.

Steve
Please provide some more information about these bikes and the setup. Was the throttle original equipment or added aftermarket? Which Bosch system? Etc. Etc.

I was not aware that the Bosch mid drive bikes currently being sold were able to use a throttle, so any information you can post would be helpful. I'd love to have the option of a throttle for use when I'm using the bike to commute and not on the trails.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:05 AM   #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard5933 View Post
Please provide some more information about these bikes and the setup. Was the throttle original equipment or added aftermarket? Which Bosch system? Etc. Etc.

I was not aware that the Bosch mid drive bikes currently being sold were able to use a throttle, so any information you can post would be helpful. I'd love to have the option of a throttle for use when I'm using the bike to commute and not on the trails.
Richard, Sorry I must be losing it. Both of my mid drives are Bafang not Bosch.

Not sure why I got Bosch in my head, guess that is what I get for being so sure of my memory without checking before I replied.

Steve
Old 08-26-2019, 06:41 AM   #341

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Not sure why I got Bosch in my head, guess that is what I get for being so sure of my memory without checking before I replied.

Steve
Both stated with a "B" close enough and I would have done the same thing.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:53 AM   #342

Quote:

Steve
No worries. You did give me a moment of hope though. When I bought these eBikes I figured that someone had come up with a hack to add a throttle to the Bosch, but apparently they are so well designed that it's been difficult to do. There are a few hacks out there, but I haven't seen one that I'd trust not to do any damage.

For now we're okay with the pedal assist only, but there are times I'm on the edge of too tired and dream about the convenience of a throttle.
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:20 PM   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Both stated with a "B" close enough and I would have done the same thing.
Thanks Chuck that helps, but it bugs me when I mess up like that.

Steve
Old 08-29-2019, 05:07 PM   #344
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Since there's been a lot of discussion about issues surrounding the legality of different types of e-bike in different situations, I thought I would post a link to a site which is an organization that, among other things, is working with a bike manufacturers organization to bring some clarity and consistency to the legal designations around e-bikes

PeopleForBikes has a map showing adoption of "model language" in interpreting the three classes of e-bikes relative to traffic and trail laws, along with listings of state laws by state and other links that might be of interest if you're concerned about legal issues.

My personal approach will be to consider that our bikes, which are clearly labeled as "Class-1" are not motorized (which is consistent with state law in the states we frequent) for purposes of trails with signage stating "non-motorized only", and, as many here have said, to ride the bike no differently than if it were non-motorized regarding speeds and interactions with other trail users. fwiw...

Also this forum on ElectricBikeReview.com has a lot of good information on legal issues surrounding e-bikes.
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 07:31 PM   #345

Entegra Owners Club
Ron, that was some great reference material, thank you. CA is the state that surprised me. They don't allow anything in most cases, but ebikes are wide open. Even class III are allowed on bike paths.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:39 PM   #346

Just a reminder, Lectric bike prices will go up $100.00 starting September 1. In this short time they have sold 4000 bikes.
Old 08-30-2019, 08:52 AM   #347

The Vtuvia bikes can also be purchased for under $1,000 which is still a heck of a buy.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:13 AM   #348

Entegra Owners Club
Ed, look at what you started, 28,111 views and who know how many bikes were sold from this post? I know of at least 20 personally not including you, just those that got the idea off of your post. Good job!!
Old 08-31-2019, 09:55 AM   #349

Entegra Owners Club
Here's GOOD news. Nat. Park trails opening up to ebikes. https://apnews.com/d22c8bb8a83c48c0b421dc0da81efd0b
As ebikes continue to grow in popularity, more municipalities may follow suit.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:32 AM   #350

Electric Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Tracking Update
The bikes are in Orlando as of 5 AM. They should be in Ft Myers today for the scheduled Monday delivery. So far the FedEx tracking numbers are right on. At least one of them is, the other one just shows in transit.

Saw a tip on a ebike forum last night that many of the ebikes have rough cut cable ties that hold the cables on the handle bars, that are very sharp. I will take a dremel tool to mine when they arrive as well as tightening all the nuts as suggested in the owners manual. Not that I don't trust Chinese labor....I don't [emoji23]

How we looking? Did they arise ? Assume your busy riding? If you did receive. Review? I really like mine though it’s my very first one.. so far I am at 23 miles in Zion towing a kids cart up and down in the mountains.. battery gave out.. pretty good run..
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2742.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	373.4 KB
ID:	258736

Tags
electric