Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2019, 03:12 PM   #43

Country Coach Owners Club
We have two Pedigo Ebikes. Love them but are heavy to lift into and out of the bike rack mounted behind coach but in front of the car to keep the tail lights visible in the road clear.
KiheiKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2019, 03:31 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap4154 View Post
I don't understand why they only allow pedal-assist.
Because without pedals they then fall under a motorcycle classification because they're then just a electric motorcycle.
CCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:40 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
E Bike

We purchased 2 GenZe ebikes from Costco for $1200 each and are very satisfied with them. They are a bit heavier but offer pedal assist as well as electric only. I weigh 235 and can get up to 20 MPH on power alone.
SFC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:50 PM   #46

Jayco Owners Club
Electric Bikes

Electric bikes are nice but in Ohio if you don’t have it licensed by the state, then you can’t run around in State Parks using the motor. You must pedal the thing. FYI Not sure about other states???
fatboy4909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 03:55 PM   #47

Electric Bikes

Ordered two of these....

https://www.vintageelectricbikes.com...ts/scrambler-s
Old 06-06-2019, 04:08 PM   #48

I bought an pedal assist bike last year. I have a Doberman and she needs to run which I can't do.Pedal assist means we both get exercise. I call that a win win.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:13 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
We love our electric bikes. We don't tow a car, so the bikes come in handy. I would recommend the throttle vs the pedal assist just in case you run out of steam. I can travel further on the electric bike and not worry about being able to make it home.
JoyfulRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:16 PM   #50

I've installed front hub motors in 3 of our bikes, 2 long wheelbase recumbents and one upright touring bike. Two of the motors came from Grin Cyclery in Vancouver and one came direct from China through bmsbattery.com. All 3 are going strong after about 8 years on the first one and about 6 years for the other two. Batteries have been replaced but the oldest (8 year old) one lasted 8 years - capacity falls off but the batteries don't fail completely, at least in my experience.

For more info than you need, take a look at the bike forum of endless-sphere.com and the electric bike forum on bikeforums.net.

We went to ebikes for help on the hills and they have been very helpful getting us to ride more often than we would otherwise. Most of the energy to propel the bikes still comes from our pedaling so we still get the exercise benefits of cycling with the added advantage of having a built in "Sag wagon" for help on the hills.
johninsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:16 PM   #51

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500drvr View Post
Wow, that’s a heavyweight, in more ways than one. How do you plan to haul them?
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:30 PM   #52

We have a couple of Prodecotech Phantom X2 bikes that we like quite a bit. They run those on sale once or twice a year, so don't pay the $1600 asking price. I think I paid $1200 each. Anyway, they fold, are fast and they have good battery life. They are fun and easy to use and they unfold into a full size bike. Something like a Tern with the Bosch center drive may be even better, but I don't know about it being worth nearly 3 times as much. By the way, I am a big man at over 250 pounds and the folding frame doesn't flex under my weight. A small person would like have trouble with this bike as it doesn't get real small. My wife is 5' 7" and I think she is about the smallest size that can handle it. Also, extra batteries are about $500, but I think any good battery is going to be that high.
New to this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:36 PM   #53

Ebikes

Be sure you know the difference between “Electric Bike” & “E-Bike” very different and the laws are unique as well. I’m 57 years old and been riding road bikes and mountain bikes regularly since I can remember. It has been a most rewarding experience riding so many places we would never gone on regular bikes. If you want to be able to ride anywhere bicycles can, you want a e-bike. Congress passed a law that says “as long as the bicycle is assisted up to 19 mph by the battery /motor and does not go by itself it is classified as a bicycle. If it goes by itself without being peddled then it is a motorized vehicle. (Electric bike)
Buy a nice e-bike and get out there. It’s a blast and you can go so many places far from you RV and get lots of exercise doing it. Also a good rack that will last the rest of time with no rotting plastic components is a 1 UP bike rack. It is modular easy to use and you can add on to it as needed. 1 bike, 2 bikes, up to 4 bikes can be added. Best rack I’ve seen by far. Buy once, cry once.�� We have 2 Haibikes.
ClintMilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:51 PM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Great ebike rack

We upgraded our bike rack to this Thule easy platform rack and getting the heavy e bikes up are a problem of the past and it has great locking features built in. Not cheap but neither is back surgery. Once you get it set up for your combo of bikes it is super easy and you put the front wheel up and then kind of roll it on.
Love our e bikes!

Old 06-06-2019, 05:07 PM   #55

Winnebago Owners Club
We just bought electric bikes to haul behind our Winnebago View. We towed them from AZ to OK on the road but will just take these on our next big trip. They are great for hills, wind or just going long distances. I bought a Specialized Como and the husband bought a Raleigh. We LOVE them. I can go 40 miles easy and still want to keep going! Be sure and try several and buy the one that fits. You pay more for quality but it’s worth it. We use a Yakima bike rack, about 450.00. Again, worth the money.
RedbirdAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:18 PM   #56

Love my Rad Rover ebike

I take my Rad Rover everywhere with me. Great bike for both on and off road adventures. I’m 68 and enjoy the pedal assist on hills
Davidsd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric