Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2019, 05:28 PM   #57

Rad Power bike

I highly recommend you check out this company. I have one and love it. It makes our RV trips the best. We were at the beach for 5 days and I rode about 40 miles going to places I would not have gone too if I used my reg bike. It makes every ride better. The peddle assist helps you, it doesn't do it all. I still want to get some exercise but the hills and the wind can kill the fun in a 5 mile ride. Good luck!
rockrebel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2019, 06:00 PM   #58

We have two relatively cheap. They're a lot of fun. They also are folding so you can store them anywhere.
Here's a link
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Goplus-35...Port/916166162
RobinDella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:18 PM   #59

Pedego bikes

We have had Pedego E-bikes for two years and are nearing 4000 miles. They are carried on the RV on a Hollowood rack, the rack moves to the Jeep for transport to the trail. I am seventy with bad knees and wife is sixty-eight with a really bad back, she can't pedal hard up hills and forget about pushing a bike or even walking up so pedal assist and throttle are a must. I can say that these bikes have opened up a world we would have never seen otherwise. Yes, they are pricey but worth every penny to us.
JIM 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:24 PM   #60

Winnebago Owners Club
Electric bike is fantastic

As a former smoker with COPD the electric bike has been a godsend, allows me to continue exercising and enjoying the outdoors. Would not be without mine.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:36 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aswiss View Post
I’ve got an Addmotor ebike that folds and fits in a storage area. It has 5 levels of assist and a thottle.
I have the same one for 3 years and over 20,000 miles. It’s great and fits in my fifth wheel basement.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:36 PM   #62

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Electric bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
While at Homecoming I was astounded by the large number of electric bikes that I saw. Any suggestions about electric bikes? They look like they can give you some pretty good mobility without the potential knee pain.
Check out Mountain to Seas ebikes whttps://shop.m2sbikes.com/ we have been very satisfied with their bikes. They are in the middle of the pack price wise. Very well built and we get about 60 miles to the charge. We have had them for 3 years now and no issues.
lsuarez53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:36 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
While at Homecoming I was astounded by the large number of electric bikes that I saw. Any suggestions about electric bikes? They look like they can give you some pretty good mobility without the potential knee pain.
My grandson & niece run an ebike company n Denver.... GoodTurn Cycles in Littleton, CO... they have a good selection & will treat you right ! Have ridden and they r cool...
4468461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:04 PM   #64

eBike are fun!

Not an expert, but had a great time riding eBikes with my RVing brother who lives in Huntington Beach, CA, and big into electric bikes. We would go 15-20 miles a day. His area has maybe 100+ miles of jogging/ walking trails. Almost all schools, libraries, public buildings are connected with trails, many don’t cross highways/ have their own underpass tunnels. But, signs all over saying ‘No Motorized Vehicles’. Turns out eBikes in that City are consider ‘motorized’ and technically shouldn’t be used on the bike/ jogging trails. So far brother has never been stopped, but he is a very courteous eBiker and maintains normal pedal speeds. But other cities may be more or less OK mixing eBikes (that can reach speeds of nearly 20 mph with 5 mph walkers/ 5-10 pedal bikes.
W3GAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:29 PM   #65

You might check out a new concept in electric bikes that just came on the market. I invested thru Kickstarter & got a bike earlier this year from the first batch of 50 produced. It's not a long distance trail riding bike, but is perfect for tooling around a campground or going a couple of miles down the road to a store. It's lightweight, 20lbs., very compact, & can be broken down easily for storage in rv basement. I carry mine in our fifth wheel basement. Go to http://www.jackrabbitmobility.com
freestyle_freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:49 PM   #66

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Camarillo, CA ---Back in the house after 7 yrs fulltiming
Test rode a Evelo Delta X at the FMCA rally in Indio in January. Then spent a week researching price vs quality and features. I test rode a Evo and one other brand. Then ordered the Delta X. One of the main differentiators is the internal CV transmission sealed in the rear hub. I've never had much luck keeping the chain derailers working like new. The 750 w mid motor and 48v battery will get you about 40 miles and 30 mph on the flat.

East of San Diego I went from the campground up Otay Mountain Truck Trail, a 6 mile 3000 ft climb and back and still had 40% left on battery. It's amazing going up 8% grade at 8-10 mph. Too bad they don't have regenerative braking to get a bunch of that energy back again. I got mine for $3200
https://www.evelo.com/shop/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	delta-x-hero.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	248872  
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:56 PM   #67

Are they rough with little suspension???
RicSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:55 PM   #68

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
check out rad power bikes, they have a folding one for storage. mine is the rad city.. Love it and would recommend it to anyone
Old 06-06-2019, 10:57 PM   #69

We got our ebikes a couple of years ago and love them. I used to ride non ebikes quite a lot when I was younger....had a nice road bike and mountain bike; then the old adage of all work and no play took over. Fast forward a number of years and all of a sudden it’s not easy to get back in the saddle and ride any real distance. It became a deterrent to going out at all.
Now, with the ebikes riding is fun again. We still have to pedal so we are still getting exercise it’s just easier.
I got a Bulls bike for me and a Haibike for DW, I got more than half off on mine and close to that on the wife’s. Mine was technically used, the shop that I bought from has employees use the products so they are knowledgeable in them so mine was used for exactly one Saturday. 5K bike for a little over 2K. There were some other pretty good deals but none as good as this, still got full new bike warranty. Both bike have performed great, no buyers remorse. Quite a lot to spend on a bike but something we enjoy doing and can do together, that’s worth a lot to me.
We bought from Crazy Lenny’s. They were very good to deal with. We bought from their Wisconsin store, they now have a location in Orlando as well.
Hygge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:13 PM   #70

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Camarillo, CA ---Back in the house after 7 yrs fulltiming
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicSteel View Post
Are they rough with little suspension???
My Delta X is pretty darn smooth. The forks have 4 in of travel, with adjustable air pressure and damping. And I do a lot of off-road dirt trails.
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric