RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2019, 10:41 AM   #113

Fleetwood Owners Club
Bought 2 ebikes last year, love them, highly recommend to everyone. Went with Voltbike for ours, so far so good, no issues.

For those that don't get it, think of it in these terms, ebikes turn everything into flat ground, which in turn make the entire biking experience more fun. We always took bikes with us in the past, however 5-10 miles was our max on regular bikes, now with our ebikes, we will go 20+ miles without even thinking twice about it, and when we are done, can still walk

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2019, 10:50 AM   #114

Entegra Owners Club
Personally, I don't worry about the rants. Who said people buy ebikes for health benefits in the first place. We really enjoy riding our ebikes in all modes, pedal only, pedal assist, and motor only. We do get extra health benefits out of it anyway since it gets us outside when we may not have went out if the first place, especially on hotter days. However, it really doesn't bother us what some think just because they feel we should be pedaling all the time. After all, did they walk to their campground carrying a tent on their back? I'm sure that would have been more health conscious than sitting back in that plush driver's seat driving an RV. The OP asked about ebikes, and I was glad to be able to help without judging or second guessing.

/Don't Care Rant Mode Off

DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:00 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Excellent video explaining the difference in components of ebikes.

Chuck,

Thanks for posting that video. Interesting and very helpful info.

I've noticed that a lot of the bikes appear to be similar so I'm inclined to think that many of them are made by the same manufacturers. There is just a ton of stuff to know about these e-bikes. This should be an interesting exercise to figure out which one makes the most sense. I think I'll probably just concentrate on the folding bikes as they will be the most practical for us.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:41 PM   #116

What bike do you have?
Scrippslarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:54 PM   #117

Entegra Owners Club
Ed, I have checked almost every ebike that others have posted. That video was linked to the lectrice bike video. What a learning experience, sure want to thank you for starting this post. I had no idea so many types of ebikes existed. Of all the ones I have looked out without in depth study this one linked last night has about the most features for the price. https://lectricebikes.com/

Biggest drawback is the long wait. Having the name brand fixtures, looks like everything is replaceable, if not at that price it can be a throw away.
Like you, if it is not fold-able, it will not serve my needs and one reason I never thought about an ebike before.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:05 PM   #118

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippslarry View Post
What bike do you have?
None, Ed (the OP) and I are comparison shopping from all of the bikes that have been linked in this post. A lot of fun reading and looking. There isn't any one "right bike" it's the one that serves a persons needs the most. The ones I have eliminated are the $3,000 to $4,000 commuter bikes. I will never put that much use on an ebike.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 06-11-2019, 06:32 PM   #119

I knew there was a reason I passed over this thread. I do not want an e-bike! I do not want.....
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:16 PM   #120
The Taj

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
I knew there was a reason I passed over this thread. I do not want an e-bike! I do not want.....
And like the fish said ďI think Iíll not eat that worm,,,,but maybe just a sniff,!

2008 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42QRP (traded in)
The Taj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:05 AM   #121

Bought AddMotor M-150

After much searching we bought a pair of AddMotor Motan M-150 bikes. They fit the bill in many ways. (1) They fit tall people up to 6' 4". I am 6' 2". Wife is 5' 9"; (2) They fit big people. I weigh 240. The weight limit is 300; (3) Range is 50 miles flat surface. I would guess the actual is 10-20 depending on terrain. This is accomplished with a 48 volt battery and 500 watt motor.; (4) Top speed is 20 mph.; (5) The bikes have 20" fat tires. This is what separates this bike from most of the others. Found it great for campsites with gravel or dirt. We can take most of the "easy" bike trails with no problem; (6) Fold in half for storage. We can fit both in the back of the CR-V toad. No bike racks needed. The number of racks that can support electric bikes is limited. Didn't really want to hang something this expensive off the back of the car or RV anyway; (7) Can pedal back with the 7 speed pedals if the battery gives out. You have the option of pedals only, motor only or pedal assist; (8) Price is under $1500. Watch Amazon or mfg site for deals. We bought from the mfg website when they were $300 off each. (9) I like that you can buy different color rims. Mine is blue and the wife's is orange. Really sets the bikes apart.; (10) Came with fenders and rear bike rack. Fenders are useful in the rain. The rear bike rack is great for a bag with bike tools, first aid kit, pump and locks and chains; (11) battery is removable for charging in the RV. (12) Both the seat AND handlebars are adjustable. Great for any size person.; (13) LCD display for battery level, pedal assist level, distance and speed.; (14) Really fun to ride. The center of gravity is low, so they are stable to ride. The low center bar make them easy for both of us to mount and dismount. Lots of power. Good disk brakes. Come with a front headlight.

The only downside is that they weigh 62 lbs. This is on par with other electric bikes with this much battery, motor and specs.
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2019, 05:29 AM   #122

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
I thought the same thing until Perry last year when we went "to look" at the 19's. After the 3rd day I would have paid double had someone been selling them onsite. I'm not ready for a scooter, which is all we saw displayed. That summer we spent in Petosky and the surrounding area. There were paved bike trails everywhere along the waterfront, but all we saw were rented Pedigo's and peddle bikes. Then along came this post with all the types of ebikes I didn't know existed. Opens up a whole new adventure of RV'ing with little effort to carry in our toad with the folding models. Great feedback from current owners.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 06-12-2019, 07:03 AM   #123

Up2Late

you might want to order a spare tire tube. The only place I was able to buy one was on the internet. I tried a lot of local stores and no one stocked.
Turbojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:34 AM   #124

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojack View Post
Up2Late

you might want to order a spare tire tube. The only place I was able to buy one was on the internet. I tried a lot of local stores and no one stocked.
I can see why now. I stopped by my local bike shop this morning to talk to them about ebikes...they HATE them!!! He was a nice enough guy and we talked for a good 20 minutes and he gave me the reason why. Basically foldable ebikes are not something there is a big market for in many areas outside of big cities. Basically we are on our own for parts and repairs. Rear hub motors being the worst. The upside with hub motors, you can still get home if the chain breaks.
From our conversation, a foldable ebike will be a DIY kit or be disposable. Neither one will bother me. Tried to keep the money local, but it looks like that is not going to happen.
From the conversation this morning, I will talk to a few online ebike companies about replacement parts, if needed, before making a purchase.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 06-12-2019, 12:46 PM   #125

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I stopped by my local bike shop this morning to talk to them about ebikes...they HATE them!!! Basically we are on our own for parts and repairs. Tried to keep the money local, but it looks like that is not going to happen. From the conversation this morning, I will talk to a few online ebike companies about replacement parts, if needed, before making a purchase.
I think we all want to try to buy local, but it seems all local bike shops are pissed that you can buy these bikes online for less than or at same price they can buy them, they don't get to make any money therefore they hate them.

There is a website that I found very helpful and very insightful in my journey to buy an ebike The people there are very informed, to an extreme even, but was nice to hear all the good and bad points prior to making a purchase. Highly recommend you check it out prior to buying anything.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:32 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP2LATE View Post
After much searching we bought a pair of AddMotor Motan M-150 bikes. They fit the bill in many ways. (1) They fit tall people up to 6' 4". I am 6' 2". Wife is 5' 9"; (2) They fit big people. I weigh 240. The weight limit is 300; (3) Range is 50 miles flat surface. I would guess the actual is 10-20 depending on terrain. This is accomplished with a 48 volt battery and 500 watt motor.; (4) Top speed is 20 mph.; (5) The bikes have 20" fat tires. This is what separates this bike from most of the others. Found it great for campsites with gravel or dirt. We can take most of the "easy" bike trails with no problem; (6) Fold in half for storage. We can fit both in the back of the CR-V toad. No bike racks needed. The number of racks that can support electric bikes is limited. Didn't really want to hang something this expensive off the back of the car or RV anyway; (7) Can pedal back with the 7 speed pedals if the battery gives out. You have the option of pedals only, motor only or pedal assist; (8) Price is under $1500. Watch Amazon or mfg site for deals. We bought from the mfg website when they were $300 off each. (9) I like that you can buy different color rims. Mine is blue and the wife's is orange. Really sets the bikes apart.; (10) Came with fenders and rear bike rack. Fenders are useful in the rain. The rear bike rack is great for a bag with bike tools, first aid kit, pump and locks and chains; (11) battery is removable for charging in the RV. (12) Both the seat AND handlebars are adjustable. Great for any size person.; (13) LCD display for battery level, pedal assist level, distance and speed.; (14) Really fun to ride. The center of gravity is low, so they are stable to ride. The low center bar make them easy for both of us to mount and dismount. Lots of power. Good disk brakes. Come with a front headlight.

The only downside is that they weigh 62 lbs. This is on par with other electric bikes with this much battery, motor and specs.
If I did buy a dedicated ebike for the MH it would be one of these folding versions. I have a very large storage space in the back of the MH that they would easily fit into. My regular bike with a motor kit needs to ride on a rack.

Only $750, has good reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/ECOTRIC-Foldi...D2C35MJTV&th=1

tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric