RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2019, 08:40 AM   #1

Electric Bikes

While at Homecoming I was astounded by the large number of electric bikes that I saw. Any suggestions about electric bikes? They look like they can give you some pretty good mobility without the potential knee pain.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2019, 08:56 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I am also impressed with them. Previous bussiness friend of mine has an Ebike company in Denver and says they are one of the hottest things going in Denver. Hard to ride there because of the altitude unless you are in perfect shape.

2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:32 AM   #3

We live in the Florida Panhandle with lots of sandy trails and roads. I opted to start with a conventional “Fat Tire” bike and added a mid-drive motor and large battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FE594BD9-1755-4970-8B6B-0C1B120B5CE6.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	691.8 KB
ID:	247696  
Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead-54 View Post
We live in the Florida Panhandle with lots of sandy trails and roads. I opted to start with a conventional “Fat Tire” bike and added a mid-drive motor and large battery.
Did you do your own conversion? I know the E Bikes I've looked at can be very pricey. Some are into the $5,000 range.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:48 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
DW & I bought these off of Amazon last year: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. A big part of our decision besides the $650 each price tag (inexpensive for an e-bike) was the fact they they will fold in half. I don't know how long they are going to last, but they have certainly been good to us so far. The seller was also responsive to a concern that I had, which turned out to be no problem. Using the quick disconnect front wheels, both easily fit folded in the same pass-through bay on our previous Allegro Bus. We haven't tried to put them on the Anthem yet, but that's coming.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Did you do your own conversion? I know the E Bikes I've looked at can be very pricey. Some are into the $5,000 range.
Absolutely! Picked a new bicycle I liked ($600) and bought the kit from”LunaCycle”. Not complicated at all if you are at all mechanically inclined. Electric motor assembly replaces the crankset.

I now have a bicycle with front and rear disk brakes, front suspension, a 10-speed transmission, 25 mile plus range and yes....it is stupid fast should one be brave enough or dumb enough to go there.

Downside, added weight
Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:12 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Wife and I bought two bikes from Rad Power Bikes. Great quality, price, and performance.
Home State is Kentucky
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:18 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
e fat bikes

I have a M2S A750, very fun to ride 20 to 40 miles per charge. M2S bikes, Rad Rover bikes and Juiced bikes are my fav. I have two, one for wife and me.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:24 AM   #9

Got a couple of JupiterBikes during a rally. Has it’s own carrying case, folds up pretty compact and easy to ride.
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:25 AM   #10

E Bikes

We have had ours for over three years now and carry them on a hitch mount bike rack. Our friend met us on our last trip and had a new one too but hers was the "electric assist" type which means you have to pedal all the time. We must have the old fashioned e bikes because they have a twist type accelerator on the right side of the handle bar and you don't have to pedal all the time. We like what we have the way they are set up. Something to decide before you buy.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:35 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
For about $700 you can buy a kit with the motor laced to whatever size wheel your existing bike has, including a battery and all the cables. Been using this one (Hilltopper) for about 6 years on an old bike I had. It goes 15 MPH on it's own, but I always pedal along, and mainly use the motor for hills, against the wind, or as a "passing gear" to get around slow groups.

Needs a new battery about every 2 years, but I use it a lot and it's well worth it (about $300/pop). Whole kit only adds 6 lbs to the bike. Pedegos are HEAVY. The front hub is the motor, which free-wheels when not being used. Battery is said to be good for 20 miles.

Just can't see spending $2,700 to $5K for Pedegos etc, but they are nice, and there's a LOT of them around here in my So Cal beach town.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Motobecane 20Mile.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	629.9 KB
ID:	247701  
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:58 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
PLEASE do not turn this into a politics discussion (forbidden by rules anyway), but I just looked at my previous link concerning the e-bikes we bought last year and noticed that they're no longer available. Then I remembered last week that our local news reported that all bikes were going to take a big hit (price hike) from the China tariffs because a lot of our bikes come from China. True or not I do not know, just repeating what I heard on the national news here in the DC area.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
PLEASE do not turn this into a politics discussion (forbidden by rules anyway), but I just looked at my previous link concerning the e-bikes we bought last year and noticed that they're no longer available. Then I remembered last week that our local news reported that all bikes were going to take a big hit (price hike) from the China tariffs because a lot of our bikes come from China. True or not I do not know, just repeating what I heard on the national news here in the DC area.

I work with large home appliances and all the vendors are saying a 15% price hike is coming, this after the initial 10% previously imposed. So if you need a new fridge, range, dishwasher etc., buy now.
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:25 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandss View Post
Wife and I bought two bikes from Rad Power Bikes. Great quality, price, and performance.
Rad Rover is perfect. I love it. The fat tires allow you to ride on any surface, lose gravel, sand, payment, grass. IMHO $1500 is a very good price. Put a 1up USA rack on the back of the MoHo that I can easily move to the back of the Jeep if need be. Goes anywhere. AT my age this is just too much fun. Fell like a 10 yr old again.

Golfer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric