Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2017, 08:22 AM   #15

I will try another outlet in the bedroom on the vanity side of the rear compartment and see if that works. the blanket is a Sumbeam and is more that 5 years old. That could be the problem. If this other outlet doesn't work then I'll bring the blanket back home and try it at the house and see if it is still good.
Appreciate all the replies.
Ron Jacobs
2013 Anthem
rljacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2017, 09:37 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Warning. Once my blanket had been ruined by a Modified Sine Wave inverter, it would not work anymore, even plugged in at home. I replaced the blanket in he coach and the same thing happened again (I'm slow). The inverter must have fried a circuit in the blanket wiring. Since then I would not attempt to use an electric blanket in an RV unless it was on shore power, or had a True Sine Wave inverter.

I have found very few things that won't work with an MSW inverter, but the electric blanket is one of them.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 08:41 PM   #17

We had a similar situation with a Krups and a KitchenAid coffee maker. The little electronic boards in the coffee makesr that ran the clock, timer, etc.... did NOT like the inverter power in our 2013. We lost three of those coffee makers before I figured out that the board would burn out when I unplugged from shore power and the coach switched to inverter power. Yes, I know I'm a bit slow on the uptake

Funny, the old back up "Mr. Coffee" with nothing but a simple resistive heating coil does not care where the power comes from. So, it is the go to coffee maker when we boon dock or overnight in a Walmart.

Based on my observation I would guess any device with an electronic control would be suspect to use on the older classics.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:21 PM   #18

Electric Blanket not working

After toasting a Sunbeam, got this one. Two years later, just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Fleece-...ectric+blanket
Old 02-18-2017, 07:50 AM   #19

From our previous coach, we learned that when inverting with a MSW Inverter, there are a few things that either don't function, or do so in a manner that isn't typical.

-Keurig coffee maker, works but will eventually die a painful death.
-Electric blanket, good way to kill a blanket.
-Night lights, I don't know how many I've personally slaughtered by not unplugging them prior to inverting.
-Digital clock radios. Again, predictable failures on MSW power.
-TVs, not all but some develop unusual buzzes when inverting. We lost one Panasonic to this.
-Microwave. Simply listen to the microwave when inverting on MSW, versus shore or generator power. This is probably the most notable indicator of the quality of voltage being provided. When inverting, it sounded loud and kinda grinding. With shore or generator power, smooth as silk.

If you desire to upgrade a Magnum MSW to PSW, it's a super easy swap, pretty much plug-n-play. They are heavy, so use a small square of plywood and a floor jack to hold in place.

imarine.com has always had the best prices on the Magnum 2812 at around $1404 delivered. Get a ME-BMK at the same time and know exactly how well you're doing on SOC.

I hope this helps,

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote