RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2018, 05:04 AM   #1

Electric Problem

Hi folks,
I’ve been having a problem having the message in the dash say” trans is not in neutral” when the brakes are released and I put it in drive. When this happens I discovered that the steps don’t retract. So I usually shut it off, turn the key on and off and usually the steps retract, and release the brakes, put in drive and trans is ok.
Anyone else have this happen? Is this a solenoid problem or something like that?

Thank you

Mike
2013 Anthem

whitebear47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2018, 08:30 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Not clear on the procedure you described or dash message, but the steps should retract as soon as you turn the ignition key and close the door. The engine doesn't even need to be running, just key on which activates the ignition signal to the steps.

Perhaps you have an issue with the solenoid in the electric compartment in front of the left front wheel.

voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:56 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
Not clear on the procedure you described or dash message, but the steps should retract as soon as you turn the ignition key and close the door. The engine doesn't even need to be running, just key on which activates the ignition signal to the steps.

Perhaps you have an issue with the solenoid in the electric compartment in front of the left front wheel.
That is exactly the problem. The silver solenoid for the B+ ignition fuse panel is starting to go intermittent. I am on my third one. You can sometimes give the solenoid a controlled tap to get it working again but it will need replacing with another heavy duty continuous use solenoid.

1100W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:00 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebear47 View Post
Hi folks,
I’ve been having a problem having the message in the dash say” trans is not in neutral” when the brakes are released and I put it in drive. When this happens I discovered that the steps don’t retract. So I usually shut it off, turn the key on and off and usually the steps retract, and release the brakes, put in drive and trans is ok.
Anyone else have this happen? Is this a solenoid problem or something like that?

Thank you

Mike
2013 Anthem
Mike,

If it is the same failure of the solenoid that I experienced then the dash message when you put it in drive will be “Park Brake not released” or something similar.

Old 12-05-2018, 03:39 PM   #5

Electrical problem

Would you guys have a link to get the right solenoid?
Thank you for your replies. This has been driving me nuts.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:31 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebear47 View Post
Would you guys have a link to get the right solenoid?
Thank you for your replies. This has been driving me nuts.
It is a common auto parts solenoid. Just make sure it is 4 pole continuous duty with a high amp rating.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:55 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
As Don said, auto part store item. The last one I replaced I took the number off the solenoid and had it replaced at NAPA. Had the new one in hand when I made the change.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:13 PM   #8

Electrical problem

Entrgra puts a 85 amp one in the unit. I was wondering if they would maybe last with a heavier 200 amp or stay stock which is half the price.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:10 AM   #9

How old are your chassis batteries? If they are bad you will have trouble with the transmission and other functions. Hold down the booster and see if the symptoms go away. If they do you need new chassis batteries.
ronlin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:49 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlin11 View Post
How old are your chassis batteries? If they are bad you will have trouble with the transmission and other functions. Hold down the booster and see if the symptoms go away. If they do you need new chassis batteries.
Ron you make an EXCELLENT point of how important having the year of your coach in a signature line. Totally different fix because the age of the batteries. Most would never think of that, only what the weak batteries are trying to operate.

2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, problem